It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House member uses 'optics' to attack a private citizen over a hotel stay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is such a waste of time. So many other things to do with the governments time but this is what we have. They also never let the people respond and when they do it is always a yes/no. The FCC is reviewing a case regarding the merger now.

Link

Representative Pramila Jayapal, a Democrat, agreed with Johnson’s concerns. “It appears that you were trying to influence the merger,” she told Legere.

"It doesn't pass the smell test...". That is what Congressman Hank Johnson said to the CEO if T-Mobile for staying at the Trump DC hotel. Just prior he was asking about how the 'optics' were that they were in town for a FCC hearing and stayed at a Trump property. Why? Does Trump really have that much influence over the FCC because he just had to veto, for the first time ever, a resolution to stop a National Emergency for the United States.

He says that it could be in violation of the Foreign Emoluments Clause in the constitution. Really? This has gone on far too long. He even asked if Trump had called the Justice Department for them? He then repeated basically the same question. It gets good at about 4:45...when the response to Johnson from Sensenbrenner comes.

He then apologizes and explains that the FCC is an independent agency and not a part of the administration. This is what just about every hearing is lately.

This was good too....

Representatives Matt Gaetz and Ken Buck, both Republicans, mocked the hotel issue. “I had dinner at the Trump hotel three weeks ago,” Buck said. “I wonder if I have a conflict of interest?”

They do not even need to have a reason to ask questions anymore. It is all about trying to find anything and be the one who takes down Trump.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hank Johnson 😆😆😆

And he's actually a lawyer too 😆😆😆

Total low-ball moron 😆😆😆

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hey Hank?

What was the optics for a dumb snip thinking Guam was going to tip over?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Isn't he the one that asked if Guam would tip over ?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: xuenchen

Isn't he the one that asked if Guam would tip over ?

Yes.

Here he is in all his brilliance.............😆😆😆

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If you have 5 minutes to spare, Hank Johnson is pure comedy gold.

Now imagine running against this guy and losing, especially if there were a debate.

What would his campaign slogan be?

Vote for me, I am not a midget.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Hey Hank?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You all never disappoint...yeah this guy is a national treasure. I have seen some of these....

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Hey Hank?

Will never forget that clip. Wonder if there is a clause to impeach someone from office for cognitive impairment?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Fun fact... the Emoluments Clause does not consider businesses and interests owned by a President BEFORE he became President.

Otherwise 6 of our 7 first Presidents would have broken the law.

Most of which were responsible for writing he Emoluments Clause, so I think they had a better idea of what they were including in the Constitution than some leftist attorney with a cause does.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you. Sometimes validation is awesome...

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

He says that it could be in violation of the Foreign Emoluments Clause in the constitution.

Good Ole Hank..... When I heard him say that I just had to Chuckle.

Is he in charge of a Committee? Why?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

That is what Congressman Hank Johnson said to the CEO if T-Mobile for staying at the Trump DC hotel. Just prior he was asking about how the 'optics' were that they were in town for a FCC hearing and stayed at a Trump property. Why?

He's probably concerned the hotel will tip over and capsize.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

join