It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one to notice the abundance of Travel Camper People?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

changed my mind
edit on 19-3-2019 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It is on my list of considerations. As a single guy I can get by on less, so a travel trailer brand new would run anywhere from $14,000 to $30,000 to meet my needs and wants. Mainly talking shower, toilet, oven and 3 burner stovetop with heat and AC. Options include a 8 foot by 10 foot garage which could hold a golf cart and a quite a few tools and outdoor furniture. It would be possible to make it a laundry room with a small all in one unit if I desired. Or I could go with a smaller more agile setup which would be far cheaper, without a garage.

This of course limits vehicle options to a pickup truck capable of hauling that weight. Which is an additional expense. But long term camping spots are $500-$600 a month on average which includes water, electric, sewer hookups and may include WiFi and basic cable depending on location. Pretty much limited to living in TN or further south. Some places have the option to buy your lot if you want to stay year round permanently or rent that spot to others while traveling.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm hoping to go RV full time at some point.

If I could, I'd sell all my sh*t today and just hit the road. I just want to explore the country from random small towns to National Parks. I'd get myself a nice Airstream, my motorcycle, and a dually. Find somewhere to boondock / stay for two weeks and just explore then move on to the next place.

My plan is to start at the tip of Maine and basically just spend a few years exploring every nook and cranny of the country.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Here in Texas we are literally covered up with them.

Its an amazing sight. One thing we suspect is that many are retired military. They seem to cluster around VA operations and abandoned military installations some of which feature still operating golf courses and such.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Me and the spousal unit are looking to do something similar on a much smaller scale. However I think we'd concentrate on the Western and mid-Western states. The east coast is just too danged dangerous and over crowded for us.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Me and the spousal unit are looking to do something similar on a much smaller scale. However I think we'd concentrate on the Western and mid-Western states. The east coast is just too danged dangerous and over crowded for us.

The east coast isn't just like NYC, DC, etc. In fact, a lot of people forget New York STATE is largely rural. Sure, I wouldn't go anywhere near NYC with an RV, but the state itself is quite beautiful with rolling hills, mountains, and forest. Up in the catskills. Lake Placid. Same with Pennsylvania. Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire are postcard perfect in summer and fall.

I just want to explore every state. I love going to small towns and eating at local diners. Get out and explore the back roads on my motorcycle. Hiking. See state and national parks and other random monuments. Everything from kitsch large balls of twine to civil war monuments....

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

When my husband and I were first married.We bought and older
RV and wanted to travel around the eastern seaboard.He was
offered this job and our travel plans came to a halt.We ended up
donating our RV to our church fund raiser.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
All I notice living near Seattle are the homeless tent camps increasing. OK, that and the ghetto RVs worth maybe $1k that are spreading.

Not too worried about the people roaming around in their $500k RVs.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
My wife and I took off in December. We went to Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas.
We just made it back to Missouri in time for Dr. apts. We mainly stayed at military campgrounds and COE parks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join