It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Removing,Deleting Popular Memes After Christchurch New Zealand Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

I assume so. I predict killings when Aussies and kiwis go to the Gallipoli commemorations next month. NZ will say "we didn't see that coming" after being warned,and then ban turkeys being sold or eaten,you watch.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Is this a deep fake? twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

New Zealand had an independent foreign policy, suddenly we have Hillary and Podesta turning up, giving warnings, and then when they leave NZ all Hell breaks loose. Now NZ is a place where Muslims have been killed. NZ is now a target for revenge from the idiots on the other side. I sincerely hope this gets a really good looking into, because the smell of fish is high.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No,that looks like a dick slip to me,and she/he/the noticed it...could be a fake though. If its not,she got a yuge lady bit.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Their site, their rules and actions, just like ATS. If you don't like it, use another site. Vimeo et al. Youtube users can also alert Youtube staff to objectionable video, just like you can do with threads/posts on ATS.

This^^

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Your defense of YouTube is notable lefty.

Like myself I think he was defending all private businesses. Including ats.

You say that is a lefty idea? Well then in this case I'm with them.

Less government control over private business!
The people should be free to do as they please with their own property.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

whatever you like it freedom of speech is free speech get used to it.

You don't understand our right to freedom of speech if you think it applies in this case.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Stop using YouTube....done

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: carewemust

Don't use free technology someone developed... no ones forcing anything on anyone.

YouTube can do whatever the fork they want; just like you can.

If care and these others get what they want youtube wont be able to do as they please because the government will have control over their content.

That means when any of us here start our own business the government will have control over it from the start.

That's what they want. Or so it seems from reading this thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You do realize whats coming next right? they would be targeting freedom of speech and targeting if you believe in the theories of islamization and such and when such things do come and pass by. Mainstream News Media wont report on it.

if you think it applies in this case.

Yes it does if you believe that banning memes is a solution right? how did that work when they wanted to ban the frog meme?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

And alternatives to YouTube is that trashy viemo that no one uses it?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
YouTube must be run by Muslims now too. The service didn't remove Memes after the massacre of Jewish churchgoers in Pennsylvania last Fall.

Come to think of it, isn't YouTube owned by Google?

Google's CEO is SUNDAR PICHAI - en.wikipedia.org...

Nuff said.

No I don't think its near 'Nuff said'.

Do go on.
edit on 19-3-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Yes it does

Amendment I :Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

In the United States, freedom of speech and expression is strongly protected from government restrictions by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, many state constitutions, and state and federal laws. The Supreme Court of the United States has recognized several categories of speech that are given lesser or no protection by the First Amendment and has recognized that governments may enact reasonable time, place, or manner restrictions on speech. The First Amendment's constitutional right of free speech, which is applicable to state and local governments under the incorporation doctrine,[1] only prevents government restrictions on speech, not restrictions imposed by private individuals or businesses unless they are acting on behalf of the government.[2]
edit on 19-3-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If you don't like it why not make your own website to celebrate genocide and war crimes?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
If you don't like it why not make your own website to celebrate genocide and war crimes?

Obviously because the member wants to use someone else's website to celebrate genocide and war crimes, and cannot now so is miffed and blaming liberals for taking away free speech, I don't get it either but hey each to their own..

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

You do realize this meme was popular even after 9/11 and no one had a problem with it until now?

Its rather amazing how there is a small fraction of members here defending the ban on these memes.
When considering the fact they cliamed that pepefrog meme was a nazi symbol to.

Source

Oh that's right i forget to mention, YouTube also banned a song that the shooter had listened to as well so not just the meme.
Nice try with the mocking and insulting how very mature of you guys.

edit on 19-3-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: bastion

Obviously because the member wants to use someone else's website to celebrate genocide and war crimes, and cannot now so is miffed and blaming liberals for taking away free speech, I don't get it either but hey each to their own..

Just like how twitter banned alex jones to right? because its their platform right? why stop at alex jones?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

because its their platform right?

Correct

Peace
edit on 2019pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 19 Mar 2019 04:52:22 -0500am315220193 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Well then since its their platform maybe they should ban everywhere right winger on it. And maybe they should ban anyone who posts a meme.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join