It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Arrested in UK Over Alleged Support of NZ Shooting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
They want more censorship and control over the internet and more particularly its clear they want the Chans gone. Personally, I think these channels serve a purpose in letting people rant and rave without actually leaving their mum's basement, and that's probably a good thing. The types that frequent the chans appear to be young lonely cowardly pond life who are all talk and want to feel big, these forums serve that purpose.

But when we are diving into the murky waters of criminalising speech and thought and opinions.....is that not communism?

We know he was streaming at least part of his killing spree online, if these four people were actively supporting and encouraging him to kill more in real time (and presumably he could hear them over possibly over the streams) then what exactly have you got a problem with? If you did it from across the road from where the scum was shooting is that acceptable in your mind as well?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

You haven't actually read the post and details have you?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

mayor of london on a bad hair day?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

You haven't actually read the post and details have you?

I read what you posted, are you specifically ruling them out of watching it live? I know it mentions the weekend, but that doesn't necessarily exclude commenting on the live feed now does it?

If the remarks are an incitement to violence they are illegal online or on the street - do you think both are fine?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Hahaha like it

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

FYI: I just came across this sad story of a man in New Zealand who might spend 14 years in prison, simply because he "shared" the Mosque shooting video.

Philip Neville Arps Arraigned Today: twitter.com...

It's disturbing that the leader(s) of a civilized, modern nation like New Zealand, would behave like the leaders of North Korea, or Russia!

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

FYI: I just came across this sad story of a man in New Zealand who might spend 14 years in prison, simply because he "shared" the Mosque shooting video.

It's disturbing that the leader(s) of a civilized, modern nation like New Zealand, would behave like the leaders of North Korea, or Russia!

Shared the video with what? A far right site which will celebrate murders of innocent human beings and more likely than not use the video as a platform to encourage others to commit violence? As he's another self titled white supremacist that doesn't seem unlikely. It's a shame modern civilised nations are blighted by such scum isn't it?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
White nationalism is a bigger threat than people are leading on about. Any time we can purge our planet of those disgusting people, it makes sense. I'm all about free speech, but speaking in public support of a mass shooting will only incite more violence from this group and free speech ends at inciting violence.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I bet ya $100 if the same person had of been "sharing" a video of say, a group of muslims sexually assaulting a white christian women... then you'd be posting about how he deserved the maximum sentence, rather than calling it an injustice.
edit on 20-3-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I bet ya $100 if the same person had of been "sharing" a video of say, a group of muslims sexually assaulting a white christian women... then you'd be posting about how he deserved the maximum sentence, rather than calling it an injustice.

That's quite the deflection.
Are you for imprisoning people for sharing a video of a crime or not?
edit on 20/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That's quite the deflection.
Are you for imprisoning people for sharing a video of a crime or not?

I gotta say, it's extremely ironic that you had the audacity to accuse me of deflection... then go on to blatantly deflect in your very next sentence.

But I'll play... My personal opinion is that when it comes to freedom of speech or expression, there's definitely a line that can be crossed.

A perfect example being the scenario in my above post.

What about you? Do you personally think it's an attack on freedom of expression for it to be a crime to "share" videos of extremely brutal violent crimes on the internet?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
White nationalism is a bigger threat than people are leading on about. Any time we can purge our planet of those disgusting people, it makes sense. I'm all about free speech, but speaking in public support of a mass shooting will only incite more violence from this group and free speech ends at inciting violence.

Censorship incites more violence than free speech does. These latest white nationalist terrorists were not allowed to express their views on social media, or in some cases, in public. They get pushed to the margins of society where their ideas fester, where they gain support, and where the rest of us cannot combat them in the domain of discourse.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You read this thread?

I won't even begin to defend this.

Things like this are still very much a rarity....but I grant you they are happening a bit too often and need nipping in the bud, now.

You probably won't have a choice. You may live long enough to see yourself become the villain in your countrymen's eyes.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Oh right so now its bad and oh so wrong to be a Nationalist? Proud of the country you live in? There's a whole lot of difference between supremacist and nationalist. But again here in the Uk its always been fine to be a Welsh Nationalist or a Scottish Nationalist but god forbid you should actually be an English Nationalist!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Barcs

Oh right so now its bad and oh so wrong to be a Nationalist? Proud of the country you live in? There's a whole lot of difference between supremacist and nationalist. But again here in the Uk its always been fine to be a Welsh Nationalist or a Scottish Nationalist but god forbid you should actually be an English Nationalist!!!

Barcs said white nationalist.

You are the one connecting that to English nationalism.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Nope I'm connecting it to, just as he said, Nationalism which appears to be a filthy dirty word this year and will no doubt get me arrested for simply thinking it

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Back in 1990, when I was in my teens, I got banned from about 8 BBS's in my home town, because I said homosexuality was wrong. Since all the BBS's where in a Sysop Group, they banned me on all the boards in the group.

My wife was telling me, in her college (early/mid 1990's) that they used to vote on if the two bathrooms on a given floor would be one male, one female, or co-ed, or whatever. She said the college was super liberal.

While we like to blame the upcoming generation for the woes, it was our generation and older which welcomed all these changes.

As Mr Solomon says, there is nothing new under the sun.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Nope I'm connecting it to, just as he said, Nationalism which appears to be a filthy dirty word this year and will no doubt get me arrested for simply thinking it

Since he specifically said White Nationalism the connection seems to be entirely in your head.

Been arrested yet? No, probably as your talking hyperbolic nonsense.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Being proud of where you happened to be born has got diddley squat to do with celebrating and supporting the kind of scum that murder people.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
Censorship incites more violence than free speech does. These latest white nationalist terrorists were not allowed to express their views on social media, or in some cases, in public. They get pushed to the margins of society where their ideas fester, where they gain support, and where the rest of us cannot combat them in the domain of discourse.

You can't call it censorship or free speech if somebody is inciting violence. People should not be allowed to support terror attacks and champion them on social media. The attacks should be condemned. That is far better way to gain support for an ideology. Condemn them and tell people he does not represent what you stand for.

edit on 3 21 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join