It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto O’Rourke: Ban AR-15 Sales in America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Ask a state in stead of trolling.

Since militias fall under STATE RIGHTS.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Yeah i am curious too.

Do we have a well regulated militia?

I know there are little militia type groups here and there.

But as per what it says do we have that?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kurokage

Gun owners is the new 'black'.

Gun control IS institutionalised DISCRIMINATION.

So gun owners are going to be enslaved for several generations, beaten, hung, raped and treated like dirt??

Were you?

No?

Then STFU and take your racist BS somewhere else.

This thread is about Beto wanting to ban AR-15s.

edit on 18-3-2019 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Ask a state in stead of trolling.

Since militias fall under STATE RIGHTS.

Ill take that as no answee.
I am asking people in tgis thread since this is where the discussion is sort of happening.

You posted tge snippet of well regulated militia

So i am asking you.

Do we have that?

Why are you so against answering queations?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: neo96

Where do you draw the line on how powerful a weapon can be to be considered illegal? The 2nd Amendment clearly says something about a "regulated Militia". What does regulated mean? Is it good public policy to allow people to buy stinger missiles or tactical nuclear weapons for their gun collection? Again, where does one draw the line and not be considered "liberal scum" ?

Regulated, in that context, means "well trained" and "in good order". It does NOT mean more laws.

Historic facts are your friends. And if you like I will refer you to an 18th Century dictionary where you can look it up for yourself.

link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
We only had slavery because it was a past time of all the other racist nations that America developed from, including yours. I'm just glad my ancestors were smart enough to fight against it.

I know my history and yes most of Europe enslaved thousands, but America treated non-whites as slaves and then second class citizens for generations long after it was banned in Europe.

Then you would also know that some 600,000+ citizens died fighting a civil war with slavery as a core issue....

Sure, there was racism, segregation AFTER the civil war brought to us by the very party who is now proposing banning firearms...

link   

He'll never get my vote.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yea, but you guys did it for 1000's of years. Has it dawned on you how petty your points are yet?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Back to the TOPIC.

So it's ok for you to try and use Rosa Parks to forward your agenda but when some one puts you right "it's not on topic". Rosa Parks would be spinning in her grave.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Regulated, in that context, means "well trained" and "in good order". It does NOT mean more laws.

They don't give an eff.

They think it means denying people their civil liberty to practice a right right along with EVERYONE ELSE.

They think it means regulation what a gun looks like to how many rounds comes out the end, and how many rounds it can hold.

They think it means regulating accessories that makes it quieter is some how more dangerous.

They think it means banning smoke grenades that have absolutely not a GD thing to do with a firearm.

They 'think' it means a lot of different snip. That's nothing, but pure snip.

edit on 18-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

MY agenda ?

Of explaining just what civil liberty means?

Clearly it fell on deaf ears.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Yea, but you guys did it for 1000's of years. Has it dawned on you how petty your points are yet?

What a load of bull. Thousands of years?!?!?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Where do you draw the line on how powerful a weapon can be to be considered illegal? The 2nd Amendment clearly says something about a "regulated Militia". What does regulated mean? Is it good public policy to allow people to buy stinger missiles or tactical nuclear weapons for their gun collection? Again, where does one draw the line and not be considered "liberal scum" ?

Historic facts are your friends. And if you like I will refer you to an 18th Century dictionary where you can look it up for yourself.

Ok, so...do we have a well-trained militia? Not the armed forces because that's part of the government. Do we have an actual well-trained militia?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So neo

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What part of militias are STATE creations are you missing?

Does your state have them?

Because it was a right protected under the second.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Yeah i am curious too.

We do....Each state is like a country with a President (Governor), Supreme Court, congress (state legislature) etc and a military called the National Guard.

This is part of the regulated militia as it is every capable citizen duty to be called up in a time of need... The other aspect is to have the right of self defense as part of our life, liberty and happiness...

edit on 18-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Ok, so...do we have a well-trained militia? Not the armed forces because that's part of the government. Do we have an actual well-trained militia?

That depends upon what state you are referring to here. In additon, the 2nd was declared by the SCOTUS to NOT only apply to militias, but the individual citizen as well (without any requirement to be a member of a militia).

But that is easily researched if you truly are interested in truth.

link   

So you didn't catch my drift on the last post. Oh well, jokes on you!

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

It's less about clarification and education and more about derailing and gotcha points.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Yeah i am curious too.

We do....Each state is like a country with a President (Governor), Supreme Court, congress (state legislature) etc and a military called the National Guard.

This is part of the regulated militia as it is every capable citizen duty to be called up in a time of need... The other aspect is to have the right of self defense as part of our life, liberty and happiness...

The national effing Guard.

Are state militias.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join