It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto O’Rourke: Ban AR-15 Sales in America

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
For the record I know nothing at all about guns or rifles of any kind.

zero.... never even touched a gun. Only ever saw one up close once.

Prove it!

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The weaponry available to the continental army was flint lock musket, rifle, pistol, sword, knife and cannon.
One of these things probably wasnt what the founders had in mind when they said right to bear arms.
And now days even some knives are illegal. Switch blades and any double edge blade.
I remember having to leave an athame in my car at a gathering in a public park.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The thing is there are already laaws banning some types of weapons. One that was legal at the time of the ammendment is now banned. You cannot carry a sword in public. People used to carry them like accessories.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Robert Francis O'Rourke says he's had the 'Beto' nickname since childhood, but he never used it even though his college years. He took it on in order to gain identity cred with Hispanic voters in El Paso.

No different from DC Mayor Marion Barry suddenly taking to wearing traditional African-themed garb after being busted doing crack in a seedy motel with a hooker. He did it to gain sympathy from his black voter base, and it worked!

Politicians out to serve themselves are soooo easy to spot from a mile away.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

He skates though and was a hacker.

He wasn't a hacker, he just wrote up stuff for the CDC. I doubt he could hack anything but stupid people.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Gothmog

He is an idiot who couldn't even beat ted cruz.
"beto" has no chance.

besides he is the wrong gender and skin color for the current dnc

My cat could have beat Cruz in that election

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Where do you draw the line on how powerful a weapon can be to be considered illegal? The 2nd Amendment clearly says something about a "regulated Militia". What does regulated mean? Is it good public policy to allow people to buy stinger missiles or tactical nuclear weapons for their gun collection? Again, where does one draw the line and not be considered "liberal scum" ?

where can I get a stinger missile or tactical nuke? Please offer a link. I'd like both.

....I have a Friend in Bulgaria who can help you.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Where do you draw the line on how powerful a weapon can be to be considered illegal? The 2nd Amendment clearly says something about a "regulated Militia". What does regulated mean? Is it good public policy to allow people to buy stinger missiles or tactical nuclear weapons for their gun collection? Again, where does one draw the line and not be considered "liberal scum" ?

where can I get a stinger missile or tactical nuke? Please offer a link. I'd like both.

....I have a Friend in Bulgaria who can help you.

link   
a reply to: Gothmog

He is pretty unpopular.
But "beto" is even less liked.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
PURLEMER...
I believe I answered that, but will be happy to again.
As the founders intended the people to be the ultimate check imo, what is standard issue to a gi should be available.
Interesting of all issued, the pistols and shotguns are not discussed to be banned.
Especially when the pistols are responsible for the most deaths.
Wonder why that is?
One would think the largest would be first?

edit on 18/3/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

For the record I know nothing at all about guns or rifles of any kind.

zero.... never even touched a gun. Only ever saw one up close once.

Were you holding as knife when you saw that gun up close?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Because there are more stupid people than there are anything else. They're as common as dirt. LOL

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Unfortunately you're right about that.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It gets really old doesn't it? You hear a ban on guns and there is always a picture of the AR-15. No reason other than it looks scary. Even though there is a multitude of guns that can shoot the same round at the same rate of fire. What is it about the AR-15? Is it the handle on the gun, the mag size, the bullets, the extended shoulder stock? You can dress up a mini 14 that would scare the living daylights out of em. Somehow all these bans is going to change mass shootings. A mass shooter could use a 10/22 and couple 100 round mags. I don't get it. It boils down to it that they don't want any civilian to own a firearm. Same thing as suggesting that all honey bee's should be disarmed, but the queen.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
His name isn't beto.....

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Ah, but you didn't see the line "the right of the people." It does not say 'the right of a well regulated militia'.

There are two considerations: militia, AND the people. Look:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The framers were very careful to word it this way.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ah, the I don't understand where you draw the line arguement.

If you want to avoid liberal scum, don't play in the mud.

Maybe you are correct with the main interpretation of the 2nd amendment towards a self sufficient militia... maybe the
People should have access to a fighter jet or two. Maybe some drones... just to be sure one is defended.

a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The weaponry available to the continental army was flint lock musket, rifle, pistol, sword, knife and cannon.
One of these things probably wasnt what the founders had in mind when they said right to bear arms.
And now days even some knives are illegal. Switch blades and any double edge blade.
I remember having to leave an athame in my car at a gathering in a public park.

And you really don't know what your talking about do you??

Just an FYI

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That varies from state to state, I can legally carry a sword openly in my state. Heck I can legally carry a switchblade openly as well. I can't conceal either of those of course, but legally I can carry them openly. I obviously don't carry either openly to avoid hassle of people that are a bit twitchy about things of that nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join