It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto O’Rourke: Ban AR-15 Sales in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's that time again. Beto, like all gunphobes open their mouths about snip they know nothing about. Ar-15's should be banned well 'new' ones that is.

For example, in February 2018 interview with CBS News O’Rourke supported banning bump stocks and made clear his belief that AR-15s ought not be sold in America. He said, “I think banning bump stocks makes a lot of sense. … I don’t know that we should raise the age for buying an AR-15 I just don’t think we should be selling AR-15s in this country.” And on October 18, 2018, O’Rourke noted Texas’ proud gun heritage then explained his desire for Texas to lead they way on gun control by adopting the gun laws being pushed for everyone else.

They sure didn't use harsh language at the Alamo, Beto.

In an interview published by the Hill, O’Rourke said current AR-15 owners ought to be able to keep their firearms, but further sales of the rifles in America ought to be prohibited. In the building up to his call for a ban O’Rourke described the AR-15 as super powerful weapon designed “for the express purpose of killing people as effectively as possible, in as great a number as possible.”

Super powerful people!

I am sick of people like Beto.

I retort.

You Decide.

Don't go off hack cocked or the snowflakes will cry.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96 I don’t know that we should raise the age for buying an AR-15 I just don’t think we should be selling AR-15s in this country.”

Thanks to God all mine are M4s....

edit on 18-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Beto is a moron.

Beyond the fact that this will never pass, there are many other similar rifles that aren't AR-15 patterned(like the ar10) that would skirt by because of his inability to have any clue as to what he's talking about.

He skates though and was a hacker.

link   
a reply to: neo96

So is this guy in bed with the company that makes ar-15's?
All this will do is make people go buy more so they will be grandfathered in, and create a black market.

+6 more 
link   

Beto O’Rourke: Ban AR-15 Sales in America

Better idea
Lets keep the ARs and ban Beto O'Rourke
Who is with me ?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

All this will do is make people go buy more so they will be grandfathered in, and create a black market.

Might have some holdings in the gun companies, probably a good bet. He is rather wealthy and his wife's side is obscenely wealthy.

Maybe that's why he's running. To hopefully trigger some market trends that would greatly benefit shareholders while his father in law makes a few "good" moves to benefit from.

He has no shot, so why else is he "here".

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

He is an idiot who couldn't even beat ted cruz.
"beto" has no chance.

besides he is the wrong gender and skin color for the current dnc

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Wouldn't be surprising if he is.

There are very few gun companies left still 'Murican made.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Where do you draw the line on how powerful a weapon can be to be considered illegal? The 2nd Amendment clearly says something about a "regulated Militia". What does regulated mean? Is it good public policy to allow people to buy stinger missiles or tactical nuclear weapons for their gun collection? Again, where does one draw the line and not be considered "liberal scum" ?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The Democrats wanted to do something about Chinese currency manipulation which caused all our factories to close down but the Republicans blocked the Democrats on every vote. The Chinese have pegged the Yuan 6 to 1 to the dollar. The American worker just can't compete with cheap artificially low Chinese labor.

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

A well regulated militia meant being disciplined, and combat effective. To provide for the security of a free state.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms because a militia without arms isn't combat effective. Just target practice.

Neither the Rights of the state or the people right to have arms.

Shall be infringed.

Beto like all gunphobes are violating the word of the LAW.

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Stinger missiles and tactical nuclear weapons?
really?
and you wish people to take you seriously?

no thanks
there is a difference between "liberal scum" and "liberal dumb"

link   
How come they always go after the AR-15?

The overwhelming majority of shootings are done with pistols.

So if you ban the AR-15 the number of people shooting each other with glocks or whatever will go down? Sounds like nonsense to me.
edit on -050010am3kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: neo96

The Democrats wanted to do something about Chinese currency manipulation which caused all our factories to close down but the Republicans blocked the Democrats on every vote. The Chinese have pegged the Yuan 6 to 1 to the dollar. The American worker just can't compete with cheap artificially low Chinese labor.

ask diane feinstein and the clintons about the chinese
lol
2 for 2

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Because they want Beto and his ilk security teams better armed than we the people.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Hahaha..., Did he say that?.... He lost already.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Yes he did.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Nothing drives up gun sales like a Democrat threatening to strip away your rights.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

The overwhelming majority of shootings are done with pistols.

So if you ban the AR-15 the number of people shooting each other with glocks or whatever will go down? Sounds like nonsense to me.

There are really only two answers...

1) They have no real understanding of the issue, but just parrot whatever sounds good. Rifles of ANY KIND kill less than 300 people a year. This is out of 33,000 deaths a year by guns, including suicides. AR-15s are black and scary, so for someone with low IQ, they seriously believe banning the "scary" gun will stop gun violence. They also don't understand that the AR-15 or any kind of "assault styled rifle" is merely a design that functions well.

In addition, the reason the guns are so popular is marketing. Consumers like "tacticool" and "pro-sumer" products that mimic the real thing, but are generally far from it. It is like how you can buy DSLR cameras, sports cars, and other products that make the consumer feel like they are getting what the pros use even though they arent.

In summary, it is pure ignorance.

OR

2) They have a long term agenda to disarm the populace for more nefarious reasons....

I usually think it is #1), but every now and then a lefty politician slips up and it makes me think it is number 2 for real...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join