It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSV: I'm taking a year out to Help People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nearly everyone in my year at school if off to University next year, many have felt pressured into going some believe its the only way to get a good job.

Not me

I've decided University won't benefit me as much, I want to do something 'different' for a year, I spoke to my careers teacher and he suggested a gap year with CSV a gap year group that will place you at a scheme to help those with problems, such as the homeless, youth offenders, or those with disabilities.

I'm happy with what I'm planning to do and thought I'd share, I'm hopefully going to be starting in September if everything goes to plan

So those of you in the UK who want to take a new direction in life, go to the CSV website and have a look around.

thanks for reading

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Good for you UK Wizard. It was nice to meet you and I hope to see you next year

When you get back you are going to have to make 3 avatars a day to make up for your absence
Take care.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Good for you UK Wizard. It was nice to meet you and I hope to see you next year

When you get back you are going to have to make 3 avatars a day to make up for your absence
Take care.

thanks

I'll still be here till September...so far away, but then theres a high possiblity of no ATS for between 6 to 12 months.

Still a longway way yet though, just thought i'd share my plans

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You will still come even when you do that. The power of ATS will course through you and pull you back. Feel the light of the ATS CHAT! muahahahaah

I think it's great that you're doing this

Smooches (ROTFLMFAO) cpr

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Cool move UKWizard...just make sure you will have the stomach for some of the things you may find in your way ...Its hard work....

JAK

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yes, as said before. Good on you UK.

I'm sure you have a fantastic future ahead of you.

Jack

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind words everyone

I'll be doing 6 to 12 months of hard work with people I don't know, with a high possibility of some people not getting along with me, but it'll be worth it.

I'm going for a couple of reasons, the first being I wanted to actually get out there and do something different while helping others and I wanted to gain 'life experience' living away from home relying on and helping others.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
nice 1 UK!!!!....glad to see that you havent given in to the pressures of university!....thats a good and a bhrave move that youve made and im sure the benefits will be brilliant!!...Good on ya mate!!!...and good luck!

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I honestly wish I had that conviction. A lot of times I feel pretty selfish although I really want things to change.

Good idea, and great action.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Good on you UK Wizard. Much respect! If I had a hat, I would take it off to you.

Good luck with it, I'm sure it will be a fantastic and fulfilling experience.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Right then, I've had my proper interview (better than just talking on the phone) and they are now creating a profile of me based on my interview and requests for the type of situation I'd like to be in.
Hopefully I'll be starting in September...yay

top topics

join