It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if our reality is a lie?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?

I'm starting this thread because me, as other sensitive people I know and talk to, started to feel a bit different from a few years to now, as if something imminent is about to happen to change the course of mankind. Which I always talked about it but never felt that we could be so close to see that.

It could be an space breakthrough, some amazing discovery in the human brain/body, or maybe we'll simply get to learn what really happened for the past 100 years... I don't know... What I do know, by feeling it, is that there's suppressed knowledge we were not told about in the history books, or in school, or from our parents, because they also had no clue.

Now, I'm gonna ask you to put all your beliefs and preconceived notions of the reality we're living aside, and ponder with me if the following situation is possible. I'm not saying that's it, I'm just asking you to think again how wrong we might be about our true nature.

What if some powerful people realized decades ago that they could use their influence and money to lap the society in the way they wanted to?

How?

Telling us what they want us to know and/or think... Think about everything you know about the human history. Where did you learned it from? Books? TV? Passed knowledge (from whom/what?)

Telling us how to dress, how to eat, how to act, how to live... Now think about the standards the "society" sets to us. Don't you think Instagram, Facebook, TV movies and Hollywood stars are influencing our kids on how to live?

Telling us we need to work more to buy things we never needed, but that are now are extremely necessary, or we can't be happy without them.

I think it's pretty clear now where I'm trying to get with this thread... I see people here dismissing the idea that there's some hidden agenda going on behind the scenes. But why are you dismissing it? Is it impossible for you to believe people want power? Is it so hard to believe some people wanted to control us when they realized it was possible?

There's something in the air (no memes necessary). Those who has always seek the truth of our nature are feeling it, those who has always dismissed the idea will keep dismissing it until something happens, and that's OK too... They really managed to hide the truth from us because it was so well-orchestrated... They then launched the "conspiracy theory" term, so people could automatically dismiss the idea. Remember when talking about Aliens were a taboo? You could only say the word and people would laugh at you. Isn't this orchestrated? Why would you laugh at something like this if you haven't been told to?

I'm a lucid, skeptical guy, and I know how crazy these theories seems to be, because I've been on your place as well when I first heard this possibility, automatically dismissing it, because, yup, it is crazy to think all our lives are being lived by someone's desire, orchestrated years ago only to control us.

That's why we're being divided in the politics, race, religion, etc. They can't let us all think together and follow the same path, or people would act together against them - the politicians, the bankers, the influential media, the Hollywood industry, the religious leaders, etc...

Anyways... Just a lot of thoughts going on and wanted to put it out there, maybe someone's feeling it too...
edit on 18/3/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
There is an entity you should meet.

It goes by the moniker ................. Q

Should be very easy for you to find on the internet.

Yes I agree with you. Many can feel it.

P

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Couldn't find Q online.
Please tell what you know about Q and what you know Q has said.

Would you please provide a link to a site about Q?
edit on 18-3-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou
It's in my signature...

Dresden James

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music.

Human beings are creatures of meaning. We associate meaning to every sequence of analog experience of every possible length of experience. We associate double and triple meanings between sequences.

Are brains are more like radio receivers and transmitters more than they are like computers. We receive experience through external and internal sources which through association creation emotions which get transmitted and stored back into the fabric of the Universe. Our memories, other people's memories, and thoughts can be tapped into by accessing the right frequency.

There may or may not be a some grand conspiracy like you say. But I know human beings are creatures of pareidolia. Sometimes the animal we see in the passing clouds is just in our imaginations.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Telling us what they want us to know and/or think... Think about everything you know about the human history. Where did you learned it from? Books? TV? Passed knowledge (from whom/what?)

Telling us how to dress, how to eat, how to act, how to live... Now think about the standards the "society" sets to us. Don't you think Instagram, Facebook, TV movies and Hollywood stars are influencing our kids on how to live?

Telling us we need to work more to buy things we never needed, but that are now are extremely necessary, or we can't be happy without them.

What you are saying in these paragraphs is almost verbatim from this video:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
There is an entity you should meet.

It goes by the moniker ................. Q

Should be very easy for you to find on the internet.

Yes I agree with you. Many can feel it.

P

It's all right here, no biggie:

QAnon

edit on 18-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

the example you were looking for was Apophenia

people are finding the connections in the unconnected

realising the connections

and listening to their gut.

things are changing and have always been, now we are becoming more attuned to the change and therefore accelerating it.

is just my opinion in the moment

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

There is no what if about it, reality is indeed a serious of lies and misdirection.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

It could be an space breakthrough, some amazing discovery in the human brain/body, or maybe we'll simply get to learn what really happened for the past 100 years... I don't know... What I do know, by feeling it, is that there's suppressed knowledge we were not told about in the history books, or in school, or from our parents, because they also had no clue.

I'm going to go with two possibilities. The first is some kind of hot or cold fusion break through. There are 3 that are so close you can taste the transmutation:

German Stellerator - Hot Fusion with the best chance of success

LFTR Molten Salt Thorium Nuclear Reactor - India, China, and Japan are spending billions on research over the last 5 years

LENR - cold fusion is the biggest longshot but the current 2 to 1 COP is good enough

Any of these 3 becomes a commercial success and the energy crisis is solved. Salt water can be desalinated and trees can be planted in deserts to scrub the carbon out of the atmosphere. Land in Africa will become valuable of all things!

The other breakthrough possibility would some kind of anti-gravity device. If you could change the weight of a car while it is driving by some kind of anti-gravity inertia damper pointing down, then cars would get 500 to 1000 MPG. That would be disruptive. And it would be really easy to live in remote areas of the country or create colonies in outer space.

3D printers combined with AI might be a breakthrough if a factory were capable of gathering and making its own parts improving its own designs each time using manufacturing heuristics then we might see some kind of new evolution in manufacturing.

Of course, even dumber AI will have a dramatic impact. Just having self-driving cars and fully automated help centers would displace 50% of the workforce as predicted by presidential candidate Andrew Wang starting the 26th minute in the video below:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Yeah, but people can relate to seeing animals in clouds. Same type of phenomena.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A peek under the Veil of ISIS?

Nobody Gets In To See The Wizard - Not Nobody Not No How!!

...unless you're the witch's Dorothy.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FluffyKittens

No one will ever see behind the curtain.... because the curtain is decorated with apparent people as well as everything.
There is only the curtain........ like there is only the technicoloured dreamcoat.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

What if some powerful people realized decades ago that they could use their influence and money to lap the society in the way they wanted to?

David Kipnis showed exactly how having power and influence changes a person's psyche for the worst. He coined the change "the Metamorphic effect" which proves Lord Acton's old adage, "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Metamorphic effects of power

But even worse than simply the Metamorphic effect is people in power acting out of boredom. The motivation of the Joker character described in the following video from the Dark Knight Batman movie just after the Joker character destroyed $100 million dollars for no reason may be one of the scariest insights into evil I have ever seen:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The Wizard of Oz is a great movie. It taps into 4 great archetypes that occur in many movies. The lion want's courage but he is the only character that acts courageously. The tin man wants a heart yet he is crying all the time because he is so compassionate. The strawman wants a brain yet he is the only one solving problems with his brain. It's only when Dorothy sees the Wizard of Oz who is really a king like character that she integrates these 4 aspects of her own personality back into her mind and is able to wake up. Remember, in the movie she is bonked on the head.

These 4 archetypes, king, warrior, magician, lover occur in many stories. In some ways these 4 architypes are the juice that makes a movie great. For example, in Star Wars you have Leia the lover, Obi Wan the magician, Hans Solo the warrior, and Luke the Jedi or king. Everyone loves and remembers Star Wars where as Ice Pirates which did not touch on the archetypes in the right way is forgotten.

The same is true with Star Trek the original series. You have Spock the magician, you have McCoy the lover, you have Kirk the warrior. The three together form a kingship.

These archetypes are explored in great detail with lots of movie references in the following book:

King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine

What you have to understand is smart people are really smart. Much smarter than anything you can imagine. Writers of movie scripts know the exact moment a line from the script is going to cause the audience to cry. They know exactly what they need to do to draw out emotion from their audience.

This is also very good video on this topic:

The Timeless Tale of the Hero's Journey: Full Film!

People who know the secret knowledge about how the mind works sometimes use this knowledge based on selfish motives to manipulate other people for some kind of profit.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No one will ever see behind the curtain....

I beg to differ.

The first step is to withdraw from all temporal aspects of "normal" life. Most can't do this because it requires the alienation of the self from the rest of society; a solitary endeavor. It also requires the preservation of the hippocamus (no foreign lipid-soluble substances), including a complete detox and diet overhaul.

This already excludes 99.99% of people.

edit on 18-3-2019 by FluffyKittens because: silence

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Our problem lies with the fact that we are 3-dimensional beings that exist within 11-dimensional space-time.

Fact of the "matter" is we are simply not equipped nor have to date constructed the tools to even begin to scratch the surface of what constitutes the reality in which we seem to exist.
edit on 18-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I played this game back in 2001 when it came out, there was a section that had me puzzled and a little freaked out back then as a teenager when I came across it. Have a watch, it's worth it and seems so relevent now...

Came across it again recently, popped into my head and found it online, when I was trying to answer similar questions that you have asked in the opening post.

It so hard to actually think now with the constant bombardment of data being socially engineered. I wonder where all of this is going to lead, I doubt it will be anywhere good.

How can any of us actually truly say that any of our thoughts are even our own when we are so easily manipulated by the control of context?

edit on 18-3-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Thought stories say that you exist separate from the whole........ no thing exists.
There is just what is happening...... no separate things.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It all pov for the most for reality has no real objective truth to it, and everything we believed about it and how the world works might as well be subjective.

Take a look at baser instinct or concepts of evolution, the need to preserve, eat, and reproduce is usually considered an objective of any living thing, even though there is no end goal in mind till time catches up and dies.

Then there the subjective, where it may apply to reality or serve as basis, but in the end it still has no objective to it. Like money and how it used to organizes an established order of kingdoms, cities or nation, where one has to contribute to society to get it or using as a form of communication...like trading.

They say money make the world go around is an actual fact though, however it only partially true. For the world still turns at the same pace regardless of the stock market.

Then there science, where fantasies become a reality more so every day.
edit on 18-3-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join