It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Schiavo Parents Seek Divorce for Daughter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Terri Schindler Schiavo's parents have asked Florida's Second District Court of Appeals to grant their daughter a divorce from her husband, Michael Schiavo. They charge him with a conflict of interest based on alleged adultery. Circuit Judge George Greer, refused to accept any new filings in the case that are unrelated to plans for Terri's death because, 11 other motions had been filed Monday.

news.yahoo.com
Terri Schiavo's parents asked a judge Monday to allow the severely brain-damaged woman to divorce her husband, accusing him of adultery and not acting in his wife's best interests.

It was one of a flurry of 11 motions filed by Bob and Mary Schindler, who have less than three weeks to find a way to keep their daughter alive.

Michael Schiavo says his wife, who has spent 15 years in what doctors call a vegetative state, once told him she would never want to be kept alive artificially. Her parents have fought his efforts but Pinellas Circuit Court Judge George Greer ruled that Schiavo can have her feeding tube removed on March 18.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow 11 motions in one day, now that is a lot of motions, wonder why they did not include the kitchen sink while they were at it? I just knew something like this was going to happen when the judge set the date for the March 18. All the judge did was give them more time for more appeals knowing each appeal has to run its full course. Also I do believe in order to seek a divorce on her behalf they first would have to be appointed her legal guardian, no doubt that was one of the other 11 motions filed on Monday.

I wonder what these parents would be doing if they had to be pay the entire attorney and medical fees on their own? My guess is they would drop their opposition in a heartbeat, but I could be wrong.

This whole case has tuned into nothing more then a political case about the right to live, rather then the well being of the individual and it needs to end.

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 3/1/2005 by shots]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is 100% Jeb Bush's doing...and he's made no secret about it...

Adultery? the woman's been in a coma long enough to declare her legally dead if she was missing....TWICE OVER!!! To be honest, they're (the parents) pretty much idiots for not seeking the divorce route years ago....

The law gives that decision (to live or die when in Terry's state) to the spouse, as it is believed (and rightfully so) that the spouse would best know the person's wishes. This has been upheld in court more times than I have fingers and toes to count it, and yet because of this political nonsense, this poor woman remains a vegetable... Absolutely deplorable...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ummmm why didn't they do this 15 years ago? before all of this crap?

Honestly I am sick of this story now. What's the sense of going to courts and having judges make decisions when every decision is going to be appealed anyways.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Ummmm why didn't they do this 15 years ago? before all of this crap?

Same exact thing I was thinking. This is all about Spite. It's just a damn shame. Its obvious that she will never live a normal life if she is able to awake, yet no one truly knows what she can think or feel right now.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I find it intersesting that the family of Sciavo told her husband he didn't have the right to make decisions regarding her life, but now they're trying to decide that a divorce is best for her. Absolutely disgusting.

I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
At the 11th hour they think of this. Get the quicky divorce and be done with this.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If it was me I would be extremelly angry with my family for doing this. Not only is it petty but if this poor woman is kept on life support and wakes up she will have to relearn everything in a world that has changed very significantly in the last 15 years.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I say this has gone on too long. If this was all about the money for the man, he would have divorced his wife years ago and got half. (Which is quite a bit.) Obviously, he isn't. And obviously her family doesn't care about her. And if they did, they are inadvertantly pushing an agenda. And ultimately, her family would keep her hooked up to the matrix and keep her from meeting God by a handful of years. Don't you think she is ready for eternity yet? And I bet her trapped soul will spin if she is still alive by the time her parents kick.

After the first five years, I woulda pulled my own tubes out. This is morally wrong and anyone can see it. What type of life is that? It isn't one. Quit being an arsehole and let the poor woman die!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
If it was me I would be extremelly angry with my family for doing this. Not only is it petty but if this poor woman is kept on life support and wakes up she will have to relearn everything in a world that has changed very significantly in the last 15 years.

Somehow I don't think she will be waking up ever again.

new topics

top topics

join