It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The recent "anti-Semitic" accusations...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It is actually not right for us to slam the people of Russia, many of them are actually good people. They have a right to follow their leaders just like we have a right to follow ours. Unless they are trying to take over our society or trying to cause us economic harm or taxing us, we should just leave them alone. Now, some people in Europe want to tax us, why should we be giving them money, if we are going to start a climate change fund, then we can do it on our own. We can also implement our own reasonable rules and regulations and fund them to decrease emmissions so we can keep the benefit in this country. Europe would want us to not boost our factories, that way we are under the world order, we have to buy through countries they govern. Someone is trying to seize world power.

Russia is not trying to do that to us, A group of individuals in Europe is trying to do this.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: MALBOSIA

So if Israel is not a wholly Jewish state, why is it anti-Semitic to criticize Israel?

I honestly can't be anymore heavy handed with the point I'm trying to make here.

I believe it was designed to be a Jewish state. Hence the star of David on its flag. It also happens to be the only Jewish state in the world.

To acclimate with the West who gave them their support to guarantee Israel's survival, Israel has created a western style government that is separate from Jewish faith. Muslims are welcome as are Christians but the country was made to be a Jewish state and a safe place for Jewish people. To critisize support of Israel would be too close to critisizing support of the Jewish people. More than that, to defend the "palestinians" against Israel, with the decades of rocket attacks against the Israeli people is saying that you support violence against the Israeli people.

Separating Chuch and state is too difficult for many in the ME. Their religion and their religion's views towards other faiths tend to take precedent over any civilized discourse.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yeah of course the violence coming from extreme Palestinians is terrible. However, that doesn't excuse Israel from shooting peaceful protesters in the groin, taking people's homes, turning Gaza into a police state with countless tales of guard brutality.

It's something that's largely ignored in the US and rarely covered about the terrible conditions Israel confines Palestinians to.

Look up Abby Martin and her investigation into Gaza and the conditions there. Palestinians are treated as sub humans.

In the US were allowed to justify killing hundreds of Innocents in drone strikes as long as they are Muslim. And it's okay that Israel is doing these terrible things because they're Muslims. Don't question violence otherwise you're an anti-semite or anti-American.

First step to committing horrible atrocities, dehumanize the enemy.

You might be right. However I tend to have faith that military targets are chosen bu their threat level. When your talking about a religion that can be so extreme in their violence to the point to cant take a baby from a crying woman from fear they strapped the baby with a bomb, the line starts to blur. I have close friends that came back from over there and I had trouble believing them at first but their stories corroborate

Maybe civilized people should just stay away from the ME. I would get behind that but I refuse to get behind the "palestinians" campaign to destroy the only good place in the ME. Any criticisms against the state of Israel is born from ignorance and possibly Jihad, in Omar's case.
edit on pMon, 18 Mar 2019 13:13:42 -05002019 142Mon, 18 Mar 2019 13:13:42 -0500pmAmerica/ChicagoMonday by MALBOSIA because: Collaborate/corroborate autocorrect

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I can agree with that. Telling them they can’t exist is a whole other ball game.

While I recognize that there are legitimate anti semites that think Israel shouldn’t exist, to play devils advocate don’t you think that there may be a few out there that think that because of how it was set up by Britain and the loss of land by others? Ie not an anti Semitic reason?
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sure, but that’s not what I said. Yes, stereotyping or slamming all Russian people or people of such descent would be bigoted. Criticizing the present Russian government simply is not, inherently.
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I can agree with that. Telling them they can’t exist is a whole other ball game.

While I recognize that there are legitimate anti semites that think Israel shouldn’t exist, to play devils advocate don’t you think that there may be a few out there that think that because of how it was set up by Britain and the loss of land by others? Ie not an anti Semitic reason?

I doubt it. It might be a more convenient excuse to justify their own anti-Semitism.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Right probably true in majority of cases.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Sure, but that’s not what I said. Yes, stereotyping or slamming all Russian people or people of such descent would be bigoted. Criticizing the present Russian government simply is not, inherently.

Yeah, I kind of do not like the war mongers that were running Israel, but the majority of the Israelites are pretty good people. Someone should lock the leaders of Israel and Palestine in a room where they need to cooperate to get out of it. Maybe then their people might have peace in that area.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

There are a hell of a lot of Jews particularly Rabbis that believe Israel shouldn't exist....yet. I seem to remember a large protest in New York I think it was, protesting against the existence of Israel some time back...are they anti-semitic? Can they be when they are also Jewish? Its a confusing issue

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

There are white guys apologizing for being white.

There are heterosexuals apologizing for being straight.

There are wealthy people apologizing for working hard and being successful.

Idiots span across all races, religions, creeds, colors.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Well its against the law over here in the UK....if you criticize Islam or Muslims and someone reports you...expect a phone call or knock at the door. Now all it takes is for someone to perceive they are being attacked with words or insulted and you're history thrown into the dark dungeon to await re-education

And not just Muslims but trans gays or just about anyone that believes and feels insulted...feeling being the operative word. Its now illegal to make someone feel bad

Once again, I wonder what UK some of you people live in. It's very different from the one I live in.

If you are part of an organised campaign against someone because they are muslim, or gay, or fat, or a traveller, or whatever, if you jump on a bandwagon where hundreds or thousands of people are attacking someone on social media because they are muslim, or gay, or fat, or a traveller, or whatever, then you just might - and deservedly - get a knock on the door from plod.

Look at the discourse around Sadiq Khan, who for some reason has upset a lot of people outside London. Look at what Baroness Warsi and more than a few members have said about the Tory party. Look at the social media used by Jacob Rees Mogg's supporters. There's prima facie evidence of racism but where's the police?

I once was at a Richard Dawkins where he said, in plain language, that Islam is evil. He's still around.

Maybe you are confusing the stuff you read online with what's happening out there. Turn off your device and come and join us outside.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Zionism is the support for the Jewish state. I am a Zionist in that I support and am a proponent for the state of Israel to exist.

No, you are not. Zionism is the belief that the Jewish state (Israel) is especially favoured by God because Jews are his "chosen people." I support the right of Jews to live in their own country, but it does not make me a Zionist. Zionism is a religious belief, not a secular one.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Websters definition

Zi·on·ism
[ˈzīəˌnizəm]

NOUN
a movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel. It was established as a political organization in 1897 under Theodor Herzl, and was later led by Chaim Weizmann.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Yeah, I kind of do not like the war mongers that were running Israel, but the majority of the Israelites are pretty good people. Someone should lock the leaders of Israel and Palestine in a room where they need to cooperate to get out of it. Maybe then their people might have peace in that area.

Right, with you on that. While i criticize the gov of Israel sometimes, I don’t hold judgement or animosity for Israeli citizens. I know some that are great people with a range of views.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

There are a hell of a lot of Jews particularly Rabbis that believe Israel shouldn't exist....yet. I seem to remember a large protest in New York I think it was, protesting against the existence of Israel some time back...are they anti-semitic? Can they be when they are also Jewish? Its a confusing issue

Well that’s what I meant in that there may be some that are against the formation of Israel or impact of Israel existing, yet don’t hold animosity towards worldwide Jewry.

To be truly anti Semitic one must be bigoted against all Jews worldwide, not just a government or single country.
edit on 19-3-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yes Isreal has issues , but most the money they get from the west goes right back to American businesses ! Isreal produces nothing !

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

I don't know what Syrian or Iranian magazine you're reading but Israel invents 90% of the modern technology the modern world uses including cutting edge defense and medical breakthroughs. There's not a single country that can compete in research and education.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-3-2019 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Here we go again...This debate has been going on forever,but the truth is you can critisize almost anything except of course Zionism and the state of Israel because most of TPTB are traditionally Zionists,and they own most banks,media,corporations,etc...so any debate over this issue is practically pointless, while they are still running the whole thing....kind of sad when you think of it but unfortunately true.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Lumenari

But if anyone criticises Muslims they are Islamophobic. But so far the Liberals have not tried to pass a law protecting Muslims from being slandered. Maybe the Republicans want to get a jump on this after all.....en.wikipedia.org... .....Canada did it.

First link did not work.

It's a religious war, Christians verses muslims, it just so happens we back Israel, they are after all the stronghold in the Muslim world.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We back israel, but we also do deals with Saudi Arabia , EAU, backed Syrian rebels, ect.. ect...

I'm not sure religion has much to do with u.s. and israel. It's all about the global power game. Hence, why trump trump supported Saudi after that journalist was killed and moved the embassy in israel (creating more tensions).

It's not about religion or morals. It's a cold game of risk and politics. That's why trump compliments murderous dictators.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join