It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The recent "anti-Semitic" accusations...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lynexon
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Admittedly I haven't looked into her but is this something she has said before? Again, criticizing Israel isn't the same as hating Jews. Has she ever truly stated ill feelings towards Jews in general or is this just an assumption based on her being a devout Muslim? I ask this with pure curiosity and not derision.

If she is defending "palestine" she is guilty by association. Gaza in particular is 99% Muslim and have no tolerance for other religions.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Fear monger much? It's a bit annoying to see so much anti-Muslim stuff on ATS while people sling this anti-Semitic term around.

You cant criticize israel but you can call Omar a Muslim jihadist.. the double standards are ridiculous

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Lynexon

Its not anti-semitic but for some reason, theres a defacto ban on free speech when it comes to criticizing Izrael or AIPAC.

The idea is to prevent someone from saying anything under the guise of "racism" or bigotry in that if you criticize the actions of the Izraeli government or Izrael, a majority Jewish State, that by definition, you must be anti-semitic or hate Jews.

By that logic, when we criticize the actions of our own government, we must hate Christians since most of the people in our government happen to follow Christianity...

Yes and many on ATS are too blinded by their hate of muslims to see that. I criticize Saudi Arabia and other Islam countries all the time in real life. They are terrible.

I don't hate muslims though. Yet the MSM shells out the word anti-Semitism and now I see many on ATS doing the same.

We should be able to say we dislike a religious nation without being labeled a racist. I don't hate israel but their actions in Gaza don't warrant us giving them aid. Same with Saudi Arabia. We shouldn't be giving them weapons.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's not. Why can't you address the OP?...

edit on 18-3-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: rickymouse

Well its against the law over here in the UK....if you criticize Islam or Muslims and someone reports you...expect a phone call or knock at the door. Now all it takes is for someone to perceive they are being attacked with words or insulted and you're history thrown into the dark dungeon to await re-education

And not just Muslims but trans gays or just about anyone that believes and feels insulted...feeling being the operative word. Its now illegal to make someone feel bad

That's a bad deal all the way around. Our liberals are starting to eat into each other over here after fighting for rights for all, now the trannies want to be included in the womens' rights stuff, but they're really men dressed as women so it all comes full circle and now the transgenders and feminists are fighting each other. Of course, we knew this would happen once the left started pushing for everyone to have a "voice" of their own regardless of whether or not they wanted to go against reality or biology. It should have ended with the civil rights act and the women's rights act.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Totally agree with your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
We’ve been conditioned over the past few decades to think that criticising anyone who isn’t a western whitey is racism and that being a racist is the most abhorrent thing you can be.

I believe it’s been a deliberate process that has changed quite a bit of our language and therefore thought patterns.

Criticising Israel, Jews or Muslims isn’t racist, anti Semitic or islamophobic, it’s just pushed as that to prevent criticism or people looking into things too much

What people say and their behaviors are NOT the person. We should be able to criticize another person's hateful words and behaviors without it being misconstrued as hatred for the person expressing the hate.

Israel is the new South Africa. The government's public policies are oppressive and human rights violations of Arabs living there. I think we can be critical of a government's public policies and that should not be misconstrued as hating the citizens living under the government. It's manipulative misdirection in my opinion.

As far as Arabs on concerned, people who commits acts of terrorism should be brought to justice according to our laws. However, many people make broad hateful generalizations of Arabs because of a few bad people. There are 1.6 billion Arabs living in the World. Given that the US is dropping 25,000 bombs in five predominately Muslim countries every year for the last 10 years it's really amazing we do not have more extremism! Islam really is a religion of peace because the Arabs are taking so much bombings. I read estimates for the number of Arabs who have died since 9/11 is around 2,000,000 by moderate estimates.

I don't care how we label language. I would just like to see the human rights violations and endless wars come to an end. People of the World just want to live day to day and raise their children. We are all the same.

edit on 18-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Fear monger much? It's a bit annoying to see so much anti-Muslim stuff on ATS while people sling this anti-Semitic term around.

You cant criticize israel but you can call Omar a Muslim jihadist.. the double standards are ridiculous

If you support attacks on a country from a group of Muslims which Omar is doing and she is Muslim, then I bet you get annoyed by others not supporting your extremist beliefs. Must make your blood boil.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Its not anti-semitic but for some reason, theres a defacto ban on free speech when it comes to criticizing Izrael or AIPAC.

The idea is to prevent someone from saying anything under the guise of "racism" or bigotry in that if you criticize the actions of the Izraeli government or Izrael, a majority Jewish State, that by definition, you must be anti-semitic or hate Jews.

By that logic, when we criticize the actions of our own government, we must hate Christians since most of the people in our government happen to follow Christianity...

Yes and many on ATS are too blinded by their hate of muslims to see that. I criticize Saudi Arabia and other Islam countries all the time in real life. They are terrible.

I don't hate muslims though. Yet the MSM shells out the word anti-Semitism and now I see many on ATS doing the same.

We should be able to say we dislike a religious nation without being labeled a racist. I don't hate israel but their actions in Gaza don't warrant us giving them aid. Same with Saudi Arabia. We shouldn't be giving them weapons.

Why should Israel not defend itself? Dont you think they have played possum enough in history only to end up persecuted with few coming to their aid.

Gaza is ruled by violent extremists who are 99% Muslim and if nobody is allowed to critisize them for it then no way you can critisize Israel.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The Israeli foreign ministry essentially controls Jewish non-profits and NGOs, or at least has enough influence in them to change the meaning of antisemitism. The Anti-Defamation League is largely a mouthpiece of the Israeli government in America.

They largely target American and global groups but this is a growing issue in Europe, especially the UK and France as of late.

Antisemitism is no longer hatred of the Jewish people or their religion. Criticism of Zionism, Israeli policy or the Israeli government is antisemitism now. Israel does this to silence dissent, criticism and ensure they have the support of western governments.

Indeed what i just said under the Israeli sponsored definition of antisemitism is antisemitic, even though it is 100% the truth.
edit on -050009am3kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Why is no one up in arms about the bill last week that Omar and others proposed to make it illegal to criticize Muslims???? Oh news didn't report that after her anti semetic stateemts that she got flak for....... Sorry I forgot....

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The Israeli foreign ministry essentially controls Jewish non-profits and NGOs, or at least has enough influence in them to change the meaning of antisemitism. The Anti-Defamation League is largely a mouthpiece of the Israeli government in America.

They largely target American and global groups but this is a growing issue in Europe, especially the UK and France as of late.

Antisemitism is no longer hatred of the Jewish people or their religion. Criticism of Zionism, Israeli policy or the Israeli government is antisemitism now. Israel does this to silence dissent, criticism and ensure they have the support of western governments.

Indeed what i just said under the Israeli sponsored definition of antisemitism is antisemitic, even though it is 100% the truth.

Not anti Semitic huh? Boy someone is in denial.....

Tell it to new york....
rise in antisenitic hate crimes

Take the blinders off or choose to stay ignorant, your choice

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Link?

Or are you talking about the anti-discrimination bill that is essentially all encompassing and was proposed in response to Omar's comments about Israel?

Speaking of...

What are your views on the bill that essentially makes it illegal to protest Israel?
edit on 3/18/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I totally agree with your thoughts. Our country is broke. Before we dole out another dollar what is happening in this country needs to be addressed first. America first. American adventurism is out of control. What exactly is the US military protecting if the economy is destroyed and millions of people are living and dying in poverty. Just awful. The US needs to get its grubby fingers out of everyone's pie. Time to bring the troops home. Time to close half of the 700+ foreign military bases. Our country is broke!! Since all the factories have moved to China we do not have enough good paying jobs to afford our military spending.

edit on 18-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Link?

Or are you talking about the anti-discrimination bill that is essentially all encompassing and was proposed in response to Omar's comments about Israel?

Speaking of...

What are your views on the bill that essentially makes it illegal to protest Israel?

I think any bill restricting freedom of speech is a spit in the face of the founding fathers and should be set fire to

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I totally agree with your post. No government is beyond criticsm.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with claims being made that someone is anti-Semitic. Can we just stick to the topic please. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Anti-Zionism =/= Anti-Semitic

Honestly, the people that I know are most vehemently opposed to Israel's actions are Jewish.

Hell, one of them is essentially King Antifa for NYC

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Zionism is the support for the Jewish state. I am a Zionist in that I support and am a proponent for the state of Israel to exist.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lynexon
Since this keeps getting thrown around, I wanted to ask: How is criticising the Israeli lobby and Dual Citizens "anti-Semitic"? Especially during discussion of a bill that would violate free speech by making any criticism of Israel illegal.

I'm not a fan of Trump, the Dems, or the reps. I am, however, an American that is tired of the billions of our dollars going to a country that has more human rights violations than alot of our "enemies".

Please enlighten us.

Compare it with MUSLIM countries, and you get a different answer.

Where they go cutting kids in half,stoning cheaters,throwing acid in faces, and blowing snip up.

Want to 'criticize' foreign lobbys.

Then criticise Soros,Cair,La Raza,and every other group in this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join