It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The recent "anti-Semitic" accusations...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Since this keeps getting thrown around, I wanted to ask: How is criticising the Israeli lobby and Dual Citizens "anti-Semitic"? Especially during discussion of a bill that would violate free speech by making any criticism of Israel illegal.

I'm not a fan of Trump, the Dems, or the reps. I am, however, an American that is tired of the billions of our dollars going to a country that has more human rights violations than alot of our "enemies".

Please enlighten us.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynexon

Some exact quotes that were called "anti-Semitic" would help 😎

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I personally think it's a stain on the Republican party... their version of Political Correctness.

We should be able to criticize Israel... it's a country.

But suddenly if you do that, you're anti-Semitic?

It's a country that we do trade with...that's it.

I don't give a rat's ass about what religion they follow.

We're allowed freedom of religion in the US, after all.

But it doesn't seem to apply to Israel.

The smart part of me thinks there might be money involved...

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It isn't "anti-Semetic".

But politics, religion, and money will rewrite a narrative at the drop of a hat (especially if it involves criticizing Israel).

ETA - it's a stain on both parties
edit on 17-3-2019 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

But if anyone criticises Muslims they are Islamophobic. But so far the Liberals have not tried to pass a law protecting Muslims from being slandered. Maybe the Republicans want to get a jump on this after all.....en.wikipedia.org... .....Canada did it.

First link did not work.

edit on 17-3-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Heh.

I was going to say, why is criticizing a Muslim, Islamophobic?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We’ve been conditioned over the past few decades to think that criticising anyone who isn’t a western whitey is racism and that being a racist is the most abhorrent thing you can be.

I believe it’s been a deliberate process that has changed quite a bit of our language and therefore thought patterns.

Criticising Israel, Jews or Muslims isn’t racist, anti Semitic or islamophobic, it’s just pushed as that to prevent criticism or people looking into things too much

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why is criticizing anything now the root word followed by "phobic"? Dont you get it? You cannot disagree with anyone. You need to drop your own values in favor of anyone elses who may not share your own.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Why is criticizing anything now the root word followed by "phobic"? Dont you get it? You cannot disagree with anyone. You need to drop your own values in favor of anyone elses who may not share your own.

Just don't criticize me or you will be a Finnaphobic.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 17-3-2019 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: drewlander

Just don't criticize me or you will be a Finnaphobic.
I'm finna criticize whoeverTF i choose.

Anyone who has been in a room with me on the phone for a business meeting knows this. Ive been known to say things to the tune of "that is the dumbest f-ing solution anyone could have possibly come up with". My bosses when i didnt contract used to call me Winston Wolf.

Back to the topic, i think people are just dumb and have no grasp on the language any longer. No child left behind lowered the bar to bridge the achievement gap. People do not understand that to criticize does not equivocate to being afraid, but to disagree instead. Any root word with an "ist" suffix denotes supremacy and these generations dont understand the language. English is an easy language on paper. We have a generation of broke ass millenials with bull# degrees in philosphy and liberal arts who are conjuring causes because they dont have any real job to go to each morning and no path to their dreams. We created this problem and it will take a generation to fix it, if can make it that long.
edit on 17-3-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If you stand for nothing, you will surely receive it. There are many things I don't like, will not tolerate and am followed by many with like minds. I make No apology. Take it or leave it. In the same breath there are many I stand with. The Constitution of the United States pretty much outlines them, but not all.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

This is a genuine person. You may not always or ever agree with them but you will always know where you stand.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The dems have made themselves so hypocritical and so radical they are alienating themselves significantly. And for the record AIPAC has more financial support by radical Christians than Jews.
edit on 17-3-2019 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
To hell with the communities when it is free mocking the all mighty God without even fearing of the consequences of the thoughts, but getting condemned by criticizing a “certain nation”?

World has never been so stupid….

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I dont know if it is wrong but watching devoted Muslim do it from inside the US Congress is a little unnerving. That Omar woman hates Jews and she is using the US Congress to wage a war against a Jewish state. We didnt like it when Wolfowitz was doing it the other way so why is this any different?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Admittedly I haven't looked into her but is this something she has said before? Again, criticizing Israel isn't the same as hating Jews. Has she ever truly stated ill feelings towards Jews in general or is this just an assumption based on her being a devout Muslim? I ask this with pure curiosity and not derision.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Its not anti-semitic but for some reason, theres a defacto ban on free speech when it comes to criticizing Izrael or AIPAC.

The idea is to prevent someone from saying anything under the guise of "racism" or bigotry in that if you criticize the actions of the Izraeli government or Izrael, a majority Jewish State, that by definition, you must be anti-semitic or hate Jews.

By that logic, when we criticize the actions of our own government, we must hate Christians since most of the people in our government happen to follow Christianity...

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
president trump should convert to judaism - just to watch the reaction

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well its against the law over here in the UK....if you criticize Islam or Muslims and someone reports you...expect a phone call or knock at the door. Now all it takes is for someone to perceive they are being attacked with words or insulted and you're history thrown into the dark dungeon to await re-education

And not just Muslims but trans gays or just about anyone that believes and feels insulted...feeling being the operative word. Its now illegal to make someone feel bad
edit on 18-3-2019 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join