It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested For Writing Zombie Fiction Story!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
On a side note though, what's up with his grandparents turning him into the authorities? Talk about being "war on terror" paranoid!..

Umm... that's the only way police have or can get any authority .. they need it from someone who knows you, police always need what "the hiphop police" call rats... Police are trained in psycology, negative opinions or views always arise in psycology... Police like their jobs so they look at things negatively just like 2 wrongs don't make a right... 2 negatives clash ... so if you responde negatively they be attracted by that, ... but if they're met with a positive it pushes them away... makes them more appealed to your way of thinking... but their trained in what I'd call "Negative Psycology" so they like to find things wrong with everything you say...

The Grandparents
They like preying on the one thing everyone has... LOVE...
He who loves 50 people has 50 Woes, He who loves no one, has no woes...
People who love worry... and worrying is.... in psycology.. negative... so boom, they got you already... next they claim to have the solution... or if anything ... they can SCARE you straight.. (sounds a lot like using gangs for intimidation, correct?)....
It's a sad thing this world, where a gang of people who simply know the law and call themselves police run around playing cowboys and indians all day long... "fixing" the worlds problems one problem at a time essentially making the rest of society reliant on their "service"... I believe the name they were looking for was PEACE officers, not POLICE officers.... they cause more anxienty in society then the terrorists.. most people I know are more worried about the crooked cops, not the terrorists... their more worried about the people "ticking" the terrorists off..

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Has anyone seen a follow up to this story?

All I could find was this

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Has anyone seen a follow up to this story?

All I could find was this

Interesting...

They orginally stated.

police say the nature of the story makes it a felony. "Anytime you make any threat or possess matter involving a school or function it's a felony in the state of Kentucky," said Winchester Police detective Steven Caudill.

Now they are saying.

police reported that he was attempting to "recruit a gang to take over the school," according to Detective Berl Perdue.

I'd bet that they have blown the zombie story out of purpesctive.

He probaly wrote something like. "The zombies are in the school. Come on everyone lets go get some weapons and go take the school back from the zombies!"

Oh No... Now I've done it. I wrote a story mentioning a school and weapons and taking over. Now I'm going to get arrested.

Whew. Thankfully I don't live in Kentucky.

Phae

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Or, he was really trying to recruit a gang to attack the school and the zombie story is his alabi.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Then why even have the police acknowledge the story in the first place?

They started off using the story as the reason, then they changed that to he was attempting to recruit a gang to take over the school.

They should have said this has nothing to do with the story the young man wrote it is about this propaganda we found enciting mobs and trying to recruit gang members.

Sounds like changing stories in order to not sound ridiculous.

"Uhm crap they found out we arrested this kid for writing a zombie story, quick... did it say anything about weapons and forming a group together? Good change the story to attempting to recruit gang members.... Whew. Dodged that bullet."

Phae

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Be clear on who said what.

Winchester police say William Poole, 18, was taken into custody Tuesday morning. Investigators say they discovered materials at Poole's home that outline possible acts of violence aimed at students, teachers, and police.

Poole told LEX 18 that the whole incident is a big misunderstanding. He claims that what his grandparents found in his journal and turned into police was a short story he wrote for English class.

I suspect that there was more to it than Mr. Poole would like to admit.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
WTF??

Last time I checked, zombies were NOT real! How can ANYONE say that this kid's arrest was justified? Then again, we are in Police State America now...

So, if someone says that leprechauns and Teletubbies are taking over a school and they must be stopped, they should be arrested?? Is writing a story about weapons and violence a crime? Better arrest Stephen King for writing monster fiction.
Better yet, we better take down pro wrestlers...after all, they dwell in fake violence all the time.

Or how about the govt? Let's take them down for playing war games!
This $hit is bananas, but what's worse is that people feel that this is justified. What the fock has happened to this country? At one point we had some freedom...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Maybe now the kid can get his book published

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So what if he really was trying to organize a Columbine style attack on the school?

That is what he was arrested for, not writing a short story.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

So what if he really was trying to organize a Columbine style attack on the school?

Howard - that's a distortion of the facts. He wrote a short story about zombies taking over his school - standard sci-fi horror stuff. Like "The Faculty."

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

William Poole, 18, of 426 E. Broadway, was arrested at GRCHS Tuesday. Acting on a tip from a family member, police reported that he was attempting to "recruit a gang to take over the school," according to Detective Berl Perdue.

The threat involved the use of weapons, according to Purdue. "He didn't have a gang, but he was attempting to organize one," he said. Purdue added that no threat was made against a specific individual.

That is pretty explicit.

He was not arrested for writing a short story.

That is his excuse.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I agree with you HR!

If some people would just think about things, they'd probably agree also.

Just imagine that the two students (I forget their names) from Columbine was writing a story (I remember watching a documentary and they did act radical to say the least) on bringing firearms to school and the teachers downplayed it as a ficticious story and then the next day WHAM!

You just can never be too careful of what's going through someone's mind nowadays. Letting your guard down is when you get punched in the face!

If this arrest turns out to be bogus, cool. If the authorities find sufficient evidence that this student might be conspiring to attack the school and hiding the facts in a zombie story, then throw the book at jerk!

Nuff said!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
You just can never be too careful of what's going through someone's mind nowadays.

So you're in favor of the thought police? Good to know where you stand at least. Remind me never to tell you what I'm thinking...

I'll admit it, okay, you've got me. I've thought some pretty sick stuff. I've had some REALLY nasty thoughts. The fact that I never acted on them doesn't appear to matter anymore. Oh well, cest la vie, take me away.

Be warned though. If the definition of 'innapropriate' thought changes due to political upheaval, you could find yourself in serious trouble. If you allow precedents like this to stand, I might just run for office so I can criminalize all the thoughts that offend me. How many people on ATS would be getting familiar with prison initiation rituals if that was the case? Scary thought huh?

You have been warned.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

You just can never be too careful of what's going through someone's mind nowadays.

So you're in favor of the thought police? Good to know where you stand at least. Remind me never to tell you what I'm thinking...

I'll admit it, okay, you've got me. I've thought some pretty sick stuff. I've had some REALLY nasty thoughts. The fact that I never acted on them doesn't appear to matter anymore. Oh well, cest la vie, take me away.

I'm just saying that by reading between the lines, we could stop many incidents before they happen.

If a person is stopped before they commit a crime, then they're not guilty, of course, even though their motive was to commit the crime all along.

It's just sad that the authorities can't do anything until the crime has been committed, unless there is undeniable proof that there are definite plans to carry out criminal/terrorist activities.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It's just sad that the authorities can't do anything until the crime has been committed, unless there is undeniable proof that there are definite plans to carry out criminal/terrorist activities.

Are you kidding? If the authorities had the capacity to do something without undeniable proof this would be a very different country.

How much power are you suggesting the government should have?

Are you implying that violence portrayed in any medium should be censored as the possibility exists that someone could act on it?

I swear, if I get picked up for anything, their damn well better be undeniable proof because I refuse to entertain the "ommygodwhatif" insecurities of people who don't know me. This in no means suggests that I indulge in violent thoughts, I can't stand Van Damme and I hate horror films. But I do have bad days, like everyone, and express negativity verballyso I can let it out and get rid of it.

I can't believe you said that, Intelearthling.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I agree with memory shock. That has to be one of the most ignorant quotes I have ever read. You should really make sure your mind is not in neutral gear before letting your fingers loose on the keyboard.

XL5

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Maybe he should make a short story in jail titled "my old folks are zombies and I put them in an old folks home".

Soon, if you get in your car and your an Indy500 fan....

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Are you kidding? If the authorities had the capacity to do something without undeniable proof this would be a very different country.

How much power are you suggesting the government should have?

Are you implying that violence portrayed in any medium should be censored as the possibility exists that someone could act on it?

I swear, if I get picked up for anything, their damn well better be undeniable proof because I refuse to entertain the "ommygodwhatif" insecurities of people who don't know me. This in no means suggests that I indulge in violent thoughts, I can't stand Van Damme and I hate horror films. But I do have bad days, like everyone, and express negativity verballyso I can let it out and get rid of it.

I can't believe you said that, Intelearthling.

Hello. First off I would like to say that I read the boards all the time but this is going to be my first post.I still wouldn't be posting but I felt since this happened 10 minutes from the town I live in I should set you all straight. First off the local news is now reporting and they have read excerpts from the story. That this is not a story about zombies at all. Here is one of the excerpts.
"Poole never mentioned George Rogers Clark by name, but did refer to the action taking place in zone two, which is Clark County. Here's a portion of the writings that were read by Detective Caudill during his testimony. "They stood at the yard carrying bags full of weapons and tools. They yelled kill them. All of soldiers of zone two started shooting. They are dropping every one of them. After five minutes all the people were laying on the ground dead."

www.wtvq.com...!news!localnews

All the news stations are reporting the same thing. I just had to defend this community and police for what they did. The boy needs "pshyicatric help". Which now days if you are in school interpets to you get picked on and pushed around alot. What ever happened to the days when you just stood up for yourself with a good'ole @$$ kickin. Oh well. If you have any more questions let me know

www.wkyt.com
www.wtvq.com
www.lex18.com
www.richmondregister.com

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, wildcat.
The issue is still dubious at best. I would be interested in evidence that he was recruiting, otherwise it is just on the basis of a short story.......violence is expressed in the media all the time......

However, my response to Intel still stands........the sentiment expressed was appalling.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 11-3-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
>I suspect that there was more to it than Mr. Poole would like to admit.

I'd assume you're correct in your assumption-sounds like the cops are trying to cover their a**es as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join