It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when does the war between Muslims and Christians/others end?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
so your telling me when Jesus responded to the disciples, and then he is quoted as saying this in the book of Matthew, that it was not Jesus saying this?? He also mentioned earlier in Matthew that is is not come to overturn the old laws, but in fact here to enforce them.

The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven Matthew 18 NIV
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them.
3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

which then leads to lines 6-9 as posted previously.

Adding 5:17 of Matthew

The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

New testament or not, Jesus stated in the Bible he will fulfill the old law, and commands those to maim their bodies as a safety net to ensure they do not burn in hell etc..
I guess we could all just resort to saying he was speaking metaphorically though.
Im not attacking Christianity, I am calling out the hypocrisy of fake Christians, which constitute an overwhelming majority of any person I have ever met claiming to be a Christian.

I accept humanity for what we are, animals capable of greatness or great horrors, regardless of which thousands year old writings they follow, or if they follow any at all.
a reply to: ClovenSky
you kind of specifically opined if there were any Hindu or Buddhist murderers. To which I merely mentioned, read more Asian news. Or at the very least recall that poor young Indian girl Jyoti Singh who was gang raped and died from her internal injuries (her intestines were more or less ripped apart and some pulled out through her vagina and anus when sodomized by a metal object ) on a public bus three or four years ago. Their humans can and are just as corrupted as all others in the world. In an effort to find what religion they identified with, I discovered an article about three radical Hindus who raped a Muslim woman for eating beef.
I could say Indian men have a rape happy problem, but for me to say Hindu's are rapists based on such common place attacks in India, would be pretty much the same as calling Muslims terrorists or secretly trying to overthrow the West.
edit on 3-17-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Mach2

a reply to: andy06shake

That’s an opinion based on what you believe, I think you are wrong and pretending to understand Christianity, even preach it, pretty dumb

Talk about a strawman arguement, wow.

Everyones opinion is based on what they beleieve, and taking a position that basically says your beleifes = that of all Christians throughout the world is what's "pretty dumb".

No Mak it’s not a straw,am, it’s an opinion

If you want it to be more than an opinion back it up with something other than a comment, you know, links, arguments, intelligent discussion

You mean like you did?

If you are so high on proof, why do you not question your own Christian religion? There is no proof any of it is based in reality.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Is Judaism not also Abrahamic?

Point of fact the best known Abrahamic religion is Judaism.

Point of fact.

The big three evolved from Zoroastrianism.

Really, prove it
Zorastrianistnworship the sun don’t they?

They always bring this up because God had a Son and they think it was SUN.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Dont be sorry just show me your God?

So now God is a Man behind the mask?

That's about the most sense you have made in this thread, that's a given.

As to being biased, well lets just say im on the fence.

If a creator exists all the same its not the same one outlined nor described in any of our religious Man made texts, thats also a given.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Like i said Sun not Son worship.

They all derived from previous iterations.

Abrahamic religion is simply a mishmash of what came before.

And there is nothing new under the Sun, there's at least one grain of wisdom in Ecclesiastes, a few others also if truth be told, but no verbatim per-say.

edit on 17-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahasrara
It will end when we replace religions with a universal moral code. When we come together to create this moral code and refuse to let religions separate us.

This is probably close to the reality of the situation.

Although I'm fiercely opposed to a one world government at this point (maybe in a few centuries, or millennia), where truly equal standards of living are possible, and spirituality is solely an individual thing, I don't beleive there will be peace on earth.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Zoroastrianism,[n 1] or Mazdayasna, is one of the world's oldest religions that remains active. It is a monotheistic faith (i.e. a single creator God), centered in a dualistic cosmology of good and evil and an eschatology predicting the ultimate destruction of evil.[1] Ascribed to the teachings of the Iranian-speaking prophet Zoroaster (also known as Zarathustra),[2] it exalts a deity of wisdom, Ahura Mazda (Wise Lord), as its Supreme Being.[3] Major features of Zoroastrianism, such as messianism, judgment after death, heaven and hell, and free will have influenced other religious systems, including Second Temple Judaism, Gnosticism, Christianity, Islam,[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't know what's going on in this thread anymore?

I only wanted to know whether this war... this HOLY war, that we may aswell call it, is going to end??

And it is a HOLy war!!

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I don't know what's going on in this thread anymore?

Proof that people love to fight.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What happened, is some tried to assign exclusive rights to violence to one faith, and in the process of proving there is no exclusivity, the ugliness of some who consider themselves superior to others based on what writings they believe got exposed by the very writings and historical actions of that which some claim to make them superior to those they point fingers at.

It actually happens every time somebody brings up a Christian vs Islam thread, and reviewing past ATS threads will show that.

Moral of the story should be, guilt, crime, and violence is shared by all humans regardless of ideology, or lack thereof.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Whatbwar between Christians and muslims, I don’t see it Between Western governments and oil nations, maybe Muslims and Western governments but, I havnt sen a Christian army Can you show me a Christian army This isn’t a christian war, this is secular governments in the West vying for oil wealth and power. China an atheist nation are ready to step in, USSR was an atheist nation fighting for power in Afghanistan a Muslim nation . Blame religion, it’s secular greed pulling the trigger

Got to the punch before me.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Wikipedia really, not worth the steam of my breath

Not going to argue with you or Wikipedia because that may make me a fool

www.gotquestions.org...

Christianity is not a religion Zoroastrianism is
Zoroastrianism states that active participation in life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay. There are various religious rituals that must be observed and a variety of deeds to be performed to ensure salvation. This is in stark contrast to Christianity, which teaches that Christ is the only way to salvation (John 14:6) and that our salvation cannot be earned (Ephesians 2:8–9). This is the difference between Christianity and all false religions. In Christ, salvation is a free gift from God apart from works, which save no one (Romans 3:20, 28). All other religions require works of some kind to appease God. Thankfully, our Bible is crystal clear on salvation, how to receive it, what is true, and what is not.

They are opposites, not even remotely related

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
What happened, is some tried to assign exclusive rights to violence to one faith, and in the process of proving there is no exclusivity, the ugliness of some who consider themselves superior to others based on what writings they believe got exposed by the very writings and historical actions of that which some claim to make them superior to those they point fingers at.

It actually happens every time somebody brings up a Christian vs Islam thread, and reviewing past ATS threads will show that.

Moral of the story should be, guilt, crime, and violence is shared by all humans regardless of ideology, or lack thereof.

If only we could all stop blaming each other and self reflect
We could find some sembelence of peace

We just like to divide and hate

Nice post

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

Not personally, and not for personal theological biases either. Atheists can't live in peace as long as religion exists. Muslims generally don't tolerate non-believers. With Christians out of the picture (as in your scenario), I would be willing to bet that in short order the situation would morph into convert or die.

So no.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Dont be sorry just show me your God?

So now God is a Man behind the mask?

That's about the most sense you have made in this thread, that's a given.

As to being biased, well lets just say im on the fence.

If a creator exists all the same its not the same one outlined nor described in any of our religious Man made texts, thats also a given.

No Andy, you are not on the fence, you spew hate from the get go

Creator, you have no concept of the argument in this thread, you are flailing, now to say you have no concept of the creator, big surprise

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Mandroid, the Irish ex god of whiskey commands all thee to shut their pie holes and go drink some green beer for St.Paddy's Day.

And if I'm in the south for much longer...

"Ain't no holy war needed on ATS y'all."

green's

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Atheists couldn’t live in peace with each other in USSR or China, what are you talking about in relation to religion

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
your worried about Muslims?? The Hindus regularly attack both Muslims and Christians in Asia. The Buddhists attack both in Asia as well. Murders and gang rapes are quite common in those localities, perpetuated by all sides upon each other.

They are not going to cover every Buddhist and Hindu attacks on Christians and Muslims in Asia. You live in a secular nation that only shows the most profitable horrors their audience prefers. So no, CNN and FOX will not cover every last regular religious attack in the world. Just the ones that get Christians the audience riled up against their governments' foreign policy targets.

edit on 3-17-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The question was, could atheism and Islam live in peace if christianity is wiped out?

A very telling question as the person could have asked if Islam was wiped out, could Atheists and Christians live in peace?
Currently, atheists and Christians are not actively at WAR with each other on a military scale. More likely an ego driven, war on individual spirituality, imo.

The question has nothing to do with atheism getting along with itself in Russia or China...
(not sure why you referenced that specifically, but whatever..)

Try to stay focused.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 17 Mar 2019 12:41:21 -05003pmSundayth12pm by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Mohammed is supposed to be the Last prophet, the last human through which god speaks, and thus the last of the Abrahamic religions. It won’t end until that becomes reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join