It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when does the war between Muslims and Christians/others end?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
And do you see Nyone following Jesus commands to lose a hand or pluck their eye when they commit such sins?? Oh not at all. Just a nice little begging of forgiveness so the hypocrites can feel better, and go back to their sins.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I will have to research on that more. Militant buddhism huh? Sounds so very corrupted.

Do you really believe that everyone is born and still posses the instinct to kill outside of last resort survival? Natural born killers? Has everyone that you have come to understand had this killer instinct? Because that describes no one I have ever come into contact with. I am not denying there are people out there with those tendencies, but to say we are all corrupted?

As it appears to do believe that everyone is a natural born killer, could an ideology completely restrain that urge? Maybe even to accept death rather than kill someone else that would tarnish their soul past this material realm?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Where i hail from mate we follow the law of the land or pay the price.

Jesus, Allah, God or Mohamed don't put you in the tin pale for misbehavior, that's judges and Police.

The real sin lies in the crap perpetrated in the name of God.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
And do you see Nyone following Jesus commands to lose a hand or pluck their eye when they commit such sins?? Oh not at all. Just a nice little begging of forgiveness so the hypocrites can feel better, and go back to their sins.

To be fair that's not Christianity, that's old testiment Judaism...... Just an FYI...... There's a huge distinction between the two
edit on 3/17/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Raggedyman

Stupid is the belief in something you have not one ounce of unequivocal proof to support.

Stupid is a leap of faith.

Says rather a lot in both testaments that quite frankly just contradicts itself.

Eternal Punishment/Eternal Life.

"Matthew 18:6-9

Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire."

Eternal Fire/The Fire of Hell.

"Matthew 25:31-46

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” . . . Then he will say to those on his left, “Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. . . . And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Cheers.

Eternal fire, the fire is eternal, simple isn’t it? Could it be any simpler, the FIRE is ETERNAL, hell FIRE is ETERNAL

Second is ETERNAL FIRE again but, eternal fire for who? The devil and his angels, not humanity. Neither of those scriptures teach that humans are eternal. What they say is punishment is eternal, hell and there consumed (look that word up) and then nothing for humanity
Interesting thread by a very wise contributor
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please study before replying, it’s not fun anymore

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Is Judaism not also Abrahamic?

Point of fact the best known Abrahamic religion is Judaism.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

1) That isn't christians doing it though, it's a few governments of the World and their Armies... they were sent there to try to bring peace to the region but in order to do so, they had to kill the enemy within. I do see the photos coming out of the areas and do see the suffering but how else do you try to stabalise a region when there's an enemy in that region??

2) TBH I don't know about church going american murderers as I reside in England, so i can't answer that question. It's not a Christian on Muslim attack though is it?

3) That's a question for a different thread and again i can't answer that as I'm not one who says all muslims are paedo's. I do however say that gays and trans people should not be reading stories to children about their way of life! But again that's a different thread!

4) I can only assume that when an act suc as state is committed in Europe it has no bearing on their religion, if they are religious. why would stabbing a random person be based on a religion? It is a religious act when people shout out 'allaha akhbar' or however it's spelt! It's also a religious thing if the perpetrator is of 'Muslim' faith, of course it is. If they weren't religious and believed that that act was permitted, they wouldn't do it. Catholic priests who do it, do get lambasted aswell so it's not just the 'Muslims' in the headlines when it is done.

edit on CDTSun, 17 Mar 2019 11:33:15 -05000000003111x115x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes but conflating two different teachings in order to make a point would be patently false....

That would be like me using Christian verses from the new testiment and attributing to buddah

link   
Dbl

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Oh aye, it's plain as day. LoL

Then again Harry Potter was a cracking read as well.

Please study what?

Books, written by Man with all his fear and fallibility at play that pertain to contain the word God? LoL

That's a cracker of a joke right there, is that funny enough for you?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That’s an opinion based on what you believe, I think you are wrong and pretending to understand Christianity, even preach it, pretty dumb

Talk about a strawman arguement, wow.

Everyones opinion is based on what they beleieve, and taking a position that basically says your beleifes = that of all Christians throughout the world is what's "pretty dumb".

No Mak it’s not a straw,am, it’s an opinion

If you want it to be more than an opinion back it up with something other than a comment, you know, links, arguments, intelligent discussion, not an “ I think so” comment

Even worse is a non Christian pretending they know theology and repeating what a priest told them 40 years ago and believing it for those 40 years because they were to dumb to question what they were told

Huzzah

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
way to generalize everyone. congratulations. new testament does not condone killing of anyone. OT is not applicable these days for non hebrews who it is for. NT was for everyone else.

But as to the OPs question....When God comes back to earth. Islam is playing a role. they are destined to be the protagonist.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Those two different teachings spring from, for all intent and purpose, the same place though.

I just find that somewhat hypocritical as it's like arguing over who God loves the most really.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry Andy, didn’t realise you were a little simple

You didn’t make ignorant comments about Harry Potter, don’t take Potter exestentialy either I guess.
Harry Potter, you have nothing
Please leave Harry Potter alone
Get back to justifying that hell is eternal as you claimed
Or walk away

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It will end when we replace religions with a universal moral code. When we come together to create this moral code and refuse to let religions separate us.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This stopped being a war about religion a long time ago. Its about natural resources now. In particular OIL.

You do know that christians, and muslims were killing for centuries before oil ever became a commodity.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I may indeed be simple.

But I'm not the one who believes in anthropomorphized invisible omnipotent sky Gods who are out to get us if we don't do as they say or command. LoL

Quite simply show me your God or jog along little bit?

Crap or get off that big religious pot, please. x

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Point of fact.

The big three evolved from Zoroastrianism.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Those two different teachings spring from, for all intent and purpose, the same place though.

I just find that somewhat hypocritical as it's like arguing over who God loves the most really.

I am so sorry Andy, you have no clue and pretend you do
It’s people like you who give atheism a bad name

The man behind the mask made some very clear, valid sincere comments and you dismissed them completely because they don’t confirm your bias.
So sad

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Point of fact.

The big three evolved from Zoroastrianism.

Really, prove it
Zorastrianistnworship the sun don’t they?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join