It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when does the war between Muslims and Christians/others end?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The encyclopedia brittanica

No I know I know, the only terrorists in the world are Muslims, they all need to be eradicated I get it. Let's just forget tha Christian missionaries in the new world also resorted to biological warfare to inflict disease upon the natives intentiinally as well.

It don't count because then I am just bringing up old # and now Christianz are not only better, but more civilized than anyone on Earth, how dare I!

But they are more civilised and we are talking about the now... not the past!

It's now tha matters... the past should have been just that... the past!
It's 2019 for ffs

If that is your operating premise, you could never hope to uderstand the depth of the problem.

Besides that, you are only viewing it from a western perspective. Cell phones, and weaponry aside, 2019, and 1050 are not much different in uneducated third world areas of the world.

Knowledge of history is your friend when formulating opinions.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I don't think so. That's what you are led to believe I think.

We all have our own oil supplies!

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, we are after all an apex predator.

Man has been killing one another since long before the time of Cain or Abel.

That does not mean that we should not at least aspire to a better way of existence.

Given the fact that we can tame, master, and shape our own environment to our will like no other animal, we should also be able to master our more base of instincts, or at least find an outlet for such that does not require us blowing the crap out of one another.
edit on 17-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The Crusades ain’t over this is just the newest installment. Keep your sword sharp, your power dry, and your women secure. Make no mistake, they are coming.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We're no different from humans 20,000 years ago to where we are now.

We just have shinier toys and more efficient ways of killing each other.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I have to agree with you, it is not in my nature to kill at all, I was almost 30 by the time I could even bring myself to eat meat.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We are about 20-50 years away from creating our own God.

Tend to agree though that we are not that different from humans 20,000 years ago.

Same crap slightly larger wrapping paper.

Longevity is humanities real bag of spanners to contend with and what holds back our ability to learn from one generation to the next in any kind of meaningful manner.

Our shiny toys are about to become somewhat less passive through, that's a given.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So when Jesus said don’t kill anyone you read that to say christians are allowed to kill

That the New World Chris tians sent out from Spain to source gold with guns, killed people with disease
Your whole argument is stupid, can’t be bothered

I like to call all communists atheists to show other people how stupid their comments on Christianity are
Why
Because communism is not atheism and you don’t have to be an atheist to be a communist

Christianity teaches not to kill but you say it’s ok, how?, why?

christians are not better but we have brought out the Western civilisation, if it’s not better, find a better place than Western Civllisation
Your argument is dumb, sorry

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Ok let's talk about the now. How many Christian nation's currently are so bombed out they look exactly like the bombed out nation's of ww2?? Because that is the current state of yemen, Syria, and Libya.

Also, why do Church going Americans regularly murder their entire families in multiple incidents every other month, but it only ever gets regional media attention at best, And they never focus on the fact that many of the murderers kept Bible's in the home and regulary go to church?? No you have to actually dig I to their own social media and local media interviews with friends and family to discover that.

Why do Christians regularly get arrested for being pedophile's, but all Christians don't get labeled as pedos the way all Muslims do based solely on an ancient child bride passage. Marrying children was also a regular practice by Jews, Christians, Hindus, the godless, and just about any other class, faith, or culture during the time period that was written???

But somehow I am required to accept by default all Muslims are pedos, even the many who will straight up tell you marrying or having sex with a child is disgusting and they will not agree with it if you simply asked.

Why is it, when a regular citizen in Europe or America commits regular murders, rapes, robberies, or any other crime, their faith will have no bearing on that person's character. But if somebody with an Arabic name commits a crime, it absolutely has to be tied to their faith and is always taken as an Islamic attack??

Look, y'all can blindly accept your programming And brain washing all you want to, but I can recognize that no faith, race, ideology, or nationality has a monopoly on violence throughout history or around the world. Anybody aluding to such or trying draw those conclusions are in reality simply trying g to justify their personal biases or even bigotry.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

That’s an opinion based on what you believe, I think you are wrong and pretending to understand Christianity, even preach it, pretty dumb

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I think Christianity pretending to understand God at all tops any misguided notions i may have.

What im i wrong about though?

Sharia Law being mental?

Or Gods eternal punishment with hellfire for all eternity should i choose to disagree or toe the line, in this life, or the next?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It doesn't end.
Each side thinks they are correct and......

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think Christianity pretending to understand God at all tops any misguided notions i may have.

What im i wrong about though?

Sharia Law being mental?

Or Gods eternal punishment with hellfire for all eternity should i choose to disagree or toe the line, in this life, or the next?

Teach me oh wise sage Christian theologian.
Where in the bible is hellfire eternal for humanity

Stupid is pretending you know what others believe because someone told you, stupid is parroting a line you have heard other parroting

Cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

But its the very same Abrahamic God that both sides fight over.

The hypocrisy really is priceless.

End of the day it all stems from Sun worship, not Son worship.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
And yet, just s the argument goes blacks kill more blacks than Anyone else in America, so too do Christians kill each other in America more than anyone else. You believe that being Christian makes you better than non Christians, or at the very least better than Muslims . The truth is, that line of thinking makes one a supremacist elitist piece of # when the crimes of their peers proves all humans are filthy regardless of who taught what a thousand or two years prior.

One of the terrorist groups defeated in the war on terror was Joseph konies Lord's resistance army, guilty of horrific crimes against humanity. Claiming to be a Christian does not suddenly make people righteous or good, and certainly not better than others.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I never understood that one either. If we are supposedly a cristian nation, why have we killed so many people throughout our history. Isn't it even one of the 10 commandments, the direct word of god? Oh, what? Some politician said it is OK to kill? That takes preference over gods will? I hardly ever hear people condemning the act of killing when our politicians say 'go get em boys'.

I don't get people saying that humanities base nature includes the killing of each other. I have never had the tenancy to kill. I have never encountered anyone that was fighting the base urge to kill someone. I don't believe it. Life feeds on life, yes...to provide food. But killing because of ideology? I think that is simply part of the package of abrahamic religions. That ideology rewires a person. It is the only thing that makes sense. If the ideology is false and not reflective of the proper path, people will be able to justify killing. I have never heard a buddhist with blood rage or a practitioner of hinduism killing people. Hmm, maybe there is something to eastern philosophies. Maybe the ideology allows or creates the desire and acceptance to kill and not base nature.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Stupid is the belief in something you have not one ounce of unequivocal proof to support.

Stupid is a leap of faith.

Says rather a lot in both testaments that quite frankly just contradicts itself.

Eternal Punishment/Eternal Life.

"Matthew 18:6-9

Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire."

Eternal Fire/The Fire of Hell.

"Matthew 25:31-46

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” . . . Then he will say to those on his left, “Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. . . . And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Cheers.
edit on 17-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I have never heard a buddhist with blood rage or a practitioner of hinduism killing people. Hmm, maybe there is something to eastern philosophies. Maybe the ideology allows or creates the desire and acceptance to kill and not base nature.

Yes, it happens, quite Lot. You just have to read the news from places like India, Bangladesh, Thailand, Cambodia etc.. where the populations identify with those ideologies.

Every single brand of human is guilty of such filth.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
And yet, just s the argument goes blacks kill more blacks than Anyone else in America, so too do Christians kill each other in America more than anyone else. You believe that being Christian makes you better than non Christians, or at the very least better than Muslims . The truth is, that line of thinking makes one a supremacist elitist piece of # when the crimes of their peers proves all humans are filthy regardless of who taught what a thousand or two years prior.

One of the terrorist groups defeated in the war on terror was Joseph konies Lord's resistance army, guilty of horrific crimes against humanity. Claiming to be a Christian does not suddenly make people righteous or good, and certainly not better than others.

How are you reasoning this in your head?
Christians are not allowed to kill, we are commanded to love, why don’t you get that?
I know non Christians and muslims who are better people than some Christians, your comments are ludicrous.
Christianity is defined by the fruit of the Spirit, not your opinion or some ones claim, stop thinking you define what is or isn’t.

Yes Christians are pieces of # but sorry sad, forgiven pieces of # who try to be loving caring and helping pieces of #, hopefully at least

Laimong to be Christian doesn’t make a person a Christian

As a believer in God The Father, The Spirit and Christ I am an atheist dammit and identify as one
How stupid is that but you would believe it?
Because you would believe whatever you are told

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That’s an opinion based on what you believe, I think you are wrong and pretending to understand Christianity, even preach it, pretty dumb

Talk about a strawman arguement, wow.

Everyones opinion is based on what they beleieve, and taking a position that basically says your beleifes = that of all Christians throughout the world is what's "pretty dumb".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join