It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when does the war between Muslims and Christians/others end?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Well said.

Looking at those few verses, I'd certainly hope their Jihad fails... miserably and also hope it ends sooner rather than later.

edit on CDTWed, 20 Mar 2019 07:06:22 -05000000003107x122x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Chances are the story was a parable, and a collection of ideologies, pertaining to many people, rather than just one Man.

Yeah. I forgot about the possibility he might be like a "Tom Sawyer" sort of character. A composite of multiple people who really existed.

I have to admit that is the most likely possibility. Maybe I'll reduce the odds of a real, single person to 25% ?

Allowing, of course, for the likelihood that at least a few of the events described were outright fiction (and many others embellishments) , lets say 25% chance that 51% of the stories apply to the same person?

The main reason I don't doubt the reality of his existence is because of all the "revivals" that still happen in modern times, wherein the preacher will publicly "heal" members of the audience (which I assume are co conspirators planted in the audience who are pretending to need healing.)

I'm thinking that can't be a new trick. This passage kind of convinces me it was a scam:

John 9:
"17 They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.

18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.

19 And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?

20 His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:

21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself."

Why would you bother to bring the parents? Or should I say "parents". Scammers like to lay it on thick. Probably just two additional conspirators who came along to lay the story on thicker.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: bloodymarvelous
It was the Ottoman Empire, not some characature grand boogeyman known as Islam. Tell us who is collecting these taxes today. I sincerely want to know. Please cite specific exampled.
Lucky for you, everyone on Earth now is taxed to hell and beyond. I guess its not so exclusive now is it?

The practice goes back further than that.

www.khanacademy.org...

"The Umayyads did not actively encourage conversion, and most subjects remained non-Muslim. Because non-Muslim subjects were required to pay a special tax, the Umayyads were able to subsidize their political expansion."

Islamic rulers are ALWAYS happy to live alongside non-Muslims. They are allowed to steal from them. If the whole world converted, there would be nobody to extort.

How do you think Modern Islam plans to feed its burgeoning population? By building up the infrastructure inside their own lands?

They don't seem to be making much progress on that plan.........

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The story is a nice tail, with some great intention.

It's the people that pervert the message for there own religious and personal gain that's the issue.

AKA The Holy Roman Church of St Peter and their ilk.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
so your telling me there are varying degrees of evilness? Like hate crimes? So if the mother kills her baby by drowning here is not as evil as someone who shoots an innocent in the name of God. Listen, your a petty petty person who wants to coerce people with your negative biases.

If a white dude shoots a black dude in a random robbery, it is a horrible crime. If a white dude shoots a black dude in a robbery, and then says Nigger, now it is a higher degree of bad, right??

I am trying to use exampled to understand your viewpoint. Which example best represents your view point?

Because I have example of a Texas man stabbing his sixteen month old son in an apartment courtyard taunting people to come forward and said Jesus is coming before he was thankfully shot by a neighbor to stop the brutality. How about the man who beheaded his girlfriend in front of their 3 year old daughter because he said God told him?? Does that count as being in an equal level of bad as a Muslim/Arab persons crimes?

I want to understand, I need to reach your inner thoughts and understand where this bias is coming from??
edit on 3-21-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

All violent crimes are hate crimes to one degree or another.

However, adding such to the front of any serious criminal act, somewhat diminishes other acts of a similar criminality.

Class war not race war is the colour of the day.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I live in the UK and never heard of those 2 crimes you say happened in Texas but you tell me how often those types of murders occur compared to the guy shouting out 'Alluah Akhbar' before murdering someone.

There's at least 5 type of murder a day by a radical Muslim, that much I have read about and a lot of i goes under-reported because it's happening in Africa or other parts of Asia! It's probably more than 5 per day!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Christian have killed, but never because of Christ's Teachings. Christ said to turn the other cheek and love enemies and do good to those who hate you. If Christians killed, it was because of someone else, not Jesus.

We cannot say the same thing for Muhammad, though. He killed and taught people to kill.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude
No Christ wants people to self mutilate if they even think of sin in their mind, but for some reason nobody will. So I take it to understand then that you believe it is less evils fo a man to stab his toddler son in Texas yelling about the coming of Christ, than say an Arab Muslim who detonates an explosive belt at a roadside checkpoint killing one guard??

And you believe it is because a man from like a thousand years ago, or seven hundred or whatever, said to attack your enemies in war that is cited in a religious text vs another man from two thousand years ago who said to do something different. And it is due to the words of these long dead men you believe that a person today who belongs to one type of people is automatically more guilty than if a similar crime is committed by another type of person??

Are my understandings Accurate, or do you need to clarify them for me further?? I just want to understand the source of negative biases towards different types of people.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The problem is that Xianity is capable of progress, but Islam is hindered by Mohammad.

Mohammad claimed to be the "last prophet", which means Islam can never get any additional revelation. In its early phase, it got to be more advanced than just about anybody out there. The symbols we use today for numbers 1-9 are Arabic in origin.

But as the others continued to advance, they stayed where they were. Gradually fell behind the curve.

They're still a great deal more advanced than Europe was in the year 700 AD. But that's because they already had exceeded the advancement of Europe in the year 700 AD.

They haven't progressed a day further since then.

a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
so your telling me there are varying degrees of evilness? Like hate crimes? So if the mother kills her baby by drowning here is not as evil as someone who shoots an innocent in the name of God. Listen, your a petty petty person who wants to coerce people with your negative biases.

If a white dude shoots a black dude in a random robbery, it is a horrible crime. If a white dude shoots a black dude in a robbery, and then says Nigger, now it is a higher degree of bad, right??

I am trying to use exampled to understand your viewpoint. Which example best represents your view point?

Because I have example of a Texas man stabbing his sixteen month old son in an apartment courtyard taunting people to come forward and said Jesus is coming before he was thankfully shot by a neighbor to stop the brutality. How about the man who beheaded his girlfriend in front of their 3 year old daughter because he said God told him?? Does that count as being in an equal level of bad as a Muslim/Arab persons crimes?

I want to understand, I need to reach your inner thoughts and understand where this bias is coming from??

Those crimes are both equal degrees of SAD.

Xianity's danger is that it attacks the personal ego, and attacks it so savagely that sometimes the victim loses their sense of self, and gives in to delusions to correct for the problem, grasping at any source of personal purpose or value. (Which can mean beheading someone close to you.)

But the difference here is that Xianity creates dangerous INDIVIDUALS. Islam creates dangerous GROUPS.
edit on 22-3-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: correct personal pronouns

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
In fact, Islam is pretty much incapable of creating the kind of personal crazy you see in Xianity, because Muslims don't believe that a human being can be spoken to directly by God/Allah.

www.isaandislam.com...

Therefore, a Muslim would never behead his girlfriend because he believed Allah had spoken to him and told him to. (Although he might behead her citing some kind of Sharia Law issue if she were to ... oh ... say.... overcook his dinner.)

On the other hand, the ability of Xians to believe God is talking to them allows Xianity to gradually make changes to its belief system, such as by creating new Protestant Churches that interpret the Bible according to how a pastor "feels God is telling him" to interpret it.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When will it end, I could offer some suggestions...

pasteboard.co...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You keep claiming Christianity has progressed, but history seems to disprove that. So do everyday actions of those who identify with that faith. I'm not here to convince you though, you know the truth. You know which type of humans are more evil than others.

I'm just here to help you understand your own negative biases and watch you do all kinds of loops to rationalize them. I wonder if you will ever actually recognize them for the horse# it is??
edit on 3-23-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
When will it end, I could offer some suggestions...

pasteboard.co...

Is that link safe to click on? I don't really like clicking on links which lead to sites I've never of.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You keep claiming Christianity has progressed, but history seems to disprove that. So do everyday actions of those who identify with that faith. I'm not here to convince you though, you know the truth. You know which type of humans are more evil than others.

I'm just here to help you understand your own negative biases and watch you do all kinds of loops to rationalize them. I wonder if you will ever actually recognize them for the horse# it is??

I'm talking technologically, and economically. Not spiritually. Islamic philosophers invented the scientific method, or at least its rudiamentry form.

But Western Europe actually made science happen. Discovered modern physics, chemistry, and medicine.

The Islamic world buys its guns from the West. Its cars too. Pretty much everything you see that isn't camels. They buy it from the West. They can't make it themselves.

Their society is structured so poorly they have to hire foreigners to do basically everything for them.

I couldn't care less about the spiritual stuff. I don't think it's a good thing for people to become like Jesus. Turning the other cheek just encourages bullies to take over and run things. Jesus didn't teach people to stand up to bullies.

Or well.... sure he showed you how to defy them and let them crucify you. But that doesn't solve anything.

All the monotheist ideologies are equally stupid when it comes to how to deal with bullies. Xianity is slightly less successful at imposing its ways on its practitioners. Which is the only reason Xians are doing better.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join