It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Meteorological Phenomena

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There has been a strange cloud formation reported that has me scratching my head. It is a long contrail-like formation that stretches from the southern to the northern hemisphere in one long unbroken line and was captured last year and then again on March 4th 2019.
I have heard of roll clouds but never seen anything like this.

New York Post

I did some research and found something along the line of jetstreams (inter-tropical convergence zone) but this is way beyond any normal jetstream and does not fit the pattern or length of East to West flow along the equator. This is thousands of kilometers, North to South.

The Inter-Tropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ - pronounced "itch") appears as a band of clouds consisting of showers, with occasional thunderstorms, that encircles the globe near the equator. The solid band of clouds may extend for many hundreds of miles and is sometimes broken into smaller line segments.

Link

I watch this guys channel because he always has interesting videos of various weather phenomena but never anything like this. I do not think it is anything more than an unusual weather phenomena but it's fascinating none-the-less.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hello deltaalphanovember,

I do not see this line, you asked for thoughts:

I to go to google and type in "weather satellite images live"
and here I go to the first entry in the list:

en.sat24.com...
and if you go there and you see this:

I think that there is not a cloud band. I know there are other homepages that allow me to play with configuration and use different cameras.

But I do not have the computer where it is in the bookmark list, my appollogies.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

The "cloud band" from south to north pole is most certainly a processing artifact.

For the ISS photo I'd like to see the source.

In general always ask for the original data when seeing stuff like this.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

thank you for the link, is there a way to go back to March the 4th?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I noticed the line goes on top of Machu Picchu. Interesting if not fake.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

I agree, the "artifact" on the right looks like it comes from stitching more than one photo together and was my first thought. The ISS photo looks more interesting and I would also like to see the original. The New York Post article seems to indicate it is a legitimate photo, but their experts explanation left me a little skeptical.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I've seen this exact formation in SC recently. Don't know if it was 3/6/19 but I definitely remember it because I made everyone come outside to look at it. Couldn't take pic or video though because of where I was at the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Here is a link to an example of photo stitching in a weather satellite image:

link

Does this debunk the OP image on the right? (the north/south line)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I was wondering about this as well ... and the explanations, so far, don't satisfy.

One explanation that could satisfy low info ct's, though, is it is the refresh line for our flat Earth.

On a slightly more serious note, wtf is it?

I cannot come up with a theory on how a straight line of clouds could ever cross hemispheres or how stitching composite photos could end with a line of cloud reaching nearly pole to pole.

So, if it isn't fake, then ...wtf?

Wanted to add that some of the photos in the video are just fronts and there are straight cloud fronts all the friggin time and no biggie... the one's stretching across the whole world are vastly more interesting... IF real.

edit on 3/17/2019 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's not fake--it's just bad data in the photo created by imaging software that stitches the composite together from multiple images.

You can sometimes see the same kind of visual effects/distortion in Google Earth because it too uses stittched composites.

top topics

join