It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds seize 1 million lbs. of pork smuggled from China to N.J. amid African swine fever outbreak

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

Unless we feed our pigs contaminated meat our stocks should be just fine.

I forgot wild boar, they rout through trash cans, landfills, and so on. I am sure there are wild boar out there that eat pork products on a regular basis. Then the wild boar could spread it to the pigs.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Everyone in China works for the Chinese government even their black market.

This^

Nothing leaves China without some government finger(s) in the pie somewhere. To think that some government official does not know what's going out of the country is ludicrous.
edit on 17-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't get it. Why would the US ever bring in meat?

Freakin' disgusting.

I want to know who resells Chineese meat.

Ugh

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You are so right.

Does China import tea from us?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You can blame them for circumventing our market rules though.

We have truth in advertising, and if they sell honey, it needs to be honey, not sugar labeled as honey. Now they could sell it as honey food product in the tradition of Velveeta being "cheese food product," but if they're labeling it honey just like it came from a real bee hive produced by bees, it needs to be honey.

Absolutely, I'm not saying any of this is kosher, all I'm saying is be responsible for what you put in your mouth, if I don't know know where the food I'm buying has been sourced from I don't buy it, I pay more for local fresh products for that reason.

Seems to me the op just wants more goverment intervention because they are too lazy to be responsible for themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The other ugly tidbit of this is that most of the meat was in the curing process, with salt and NOT refrigerated.
If they had not caught these ass&#^%s, then those that ate it would probably die of tomain before they succumbed to the virus...

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Freakin' disgusting.

Ugh

It's not just a American problem, there was a story here in oz a few years ago farmers had to dump eating grade apples and oranges because some dip# had the idea to buy cheaper crap from somewhere in Asia and left our farmers high and dry.

Also another reason I source food locally, if people boycotted imported produce and bought local this kinda stuff would not be so prevalent.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This weird China owns most of the pig farms in my area of nd they quietly gobbled up the farms over last 20 years but kept locals on the farms so people would think they were American owned.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Freakin' disgusting.

Ugh

Same reason we import everything else.

To keep up with demand.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is a pig squeal I mean a big deal!! Something about this definitely does not seem kosher.
edit on 19-3-2019 by AquaAscending because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join