It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Soloution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is my first post so please be easy on me, not even sure if this is in the right place. (mods adjust).

Ok here's what I have been thinking about.

We as people have let our governments lie, cheat and steal from us for wars. That's basically all they spend our money is on in our modern world.
It's all about the Industrial war machine. We know how we got here and we also know it's absurd. Why are we not a class 2 civilization already having at least a base on the moon or another location?

Meanwhile, we have slaughter after slaughter in a vicious circle of violent current events that never ends? Why? (I know why, but will be banned if i name the culprit, and why they do as they do) But I will digress for now.

So recently for some reason after what has happened in NZ I was listening to a band from Scottish band named NAZARETH.
A song called "Simple Solution" Played and I thought maybe they onto something? Anything is better that the violence we endure today?

So I will lay these lyrics on you to decide. I know this sounds corny, but hey.

Nazareth Lyrics "Simple Solution" Old man, don't tell me what you did in your day I got problems of my own on the way Look you now, where the locusts abound Pray they don't feed on your sacred ground Vibrations, are burning my hands Slowly walking, stalking through these crazy lands Defending the need , with a silent scream For another time, for another dream Jack boots, hi-jacks Ray guns and spray guns We got them all for free Look to the stars for consolation It could be there lookin' at me Send me down a simple solution Send me down a simple solution now No cheap-o, clean-o, is gonna wash away my blues I need a good friend that's gonna give me some clues The one on the cross, he almost had it boss He was really spreading the news Ah, but the destruct mutt, he's back in business He ain't about to lose Jackboots, hi-jacks Ray guns and spray guns We got them all for free Look to the stars for consolation It could be there lookin' at me It could be there lookin' at me Send me down a simple solution Send me down a simple solution now And the price-for life Is one more run on that chicken wire As the hero returns With eyes of fire To another man to man, so damn you man! Old man don't tell me what you did in your day I got problems of my own on the way So look you now, where the locusts abound Prat they don't feed on your sacred ground. [chorus:]

The song:

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shockerking

So what was the simple solution? I missed it somehow in the song you posted and not gonna listen to the vid.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Shockerking

So what was the simple solution? I missed it somehow in the song you posted and not gonna listen to the vid.

Explore space not war.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Here's the problem with that premise: it will work only if everyone is in it together.

The problem is everyone won't be in it together.

While one country is spending money on space exploration, another country will spend on weapons and take over the space-cadet country (or its interests) because it cannot defend itself.

It's sad--but it's reality.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Humanity is likely ages ahead of the general population. . . Its easier to maintain the illusion until it collapses in on itself rather than personally pop the bubble.

A world of peace? Now where's the profit in that. Base on the moon? We got that. A desire for illusion to satisfy our own guilty pleasures? You're welcome.

Nice find on the song btw, great post just wish you hadn't kept it so pg.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There are probably private entities from earth exploring space as we type. If I had a trillion dollars I'd build a space ship. How about you? Just because its not reported in the news does not mean it isn't already going on. The U.S. government alone has technology the general public won't see for 30-50 years & probably has whole fleets of space ships exploring our solar system.

As far as war goes, its human nature. Whether we stay on the earth or travel in space we will continue to kill each other. As long as there are resources to fight over & money to be made war will continue.

top topics

join