It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Public Library Admits Registered Child Sex Offender Participated In Drag Queen Storytime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was asked to speak about a career in engineering to high school students last year. It was going to be in a public area, with students and adults in attendance. I brought equipment, cool demos, talked about math and science.

All of us who gave talks, presentations had to undergo a background check because we'd be in the presence of minors.

It was a no-brainer.

Library was at fault.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

How do you know the trans community prompted him to this position? You make many assumptions without logic or proof.

Because the child sexual predator was not chosen or hired by the library; rather, the child sexual predator was chosen/hired by the activists who promoted and marketed the program:

He teamed up with Devin Will, the daughter of a longtime librarian who grew up on Houston Public Library’s free community programs. The duo pitched their idea to the Freed-Montrose Library in early 2017, their application was accepted by HPL, and the reading series launched in September of the same year. Inspired by Tea’s national nonprofit, but not affiliated with it, Drag Queen Storytime is the only program of its kind in Houston and features local kings and queens exclusively.

The inaugural reading starred the city’s favorite bearded lady, Blackberri, and beloved glamour queen, Tatiana Mala-Niña, who delighted the crowd with their interactive, fun approach to engaging kids. There were only a few attendees, mostly toddlers, but at each subsequent reading, the crowd grew bigger and bigger, despite little press or publicity.

Source

Do note that the child sexual predator was part of the very first reading. Obviously, the people behind "Drag Queen Storytime" felt no need or desire to protect these kids from predators... and may very well have wanted it that way.

Now you are lumping sexual predators as hiding behind fetishes or within the gender dysphoric, which you know very well that the sexual predators come in all shapes and sizes and position themselves in every walk of life where children congregate.

Of course sexual predators come from everywhere... including the transgender community and ESPECIALLY in the autogynephile and gender euphoric community!!!

And of course sexual predators position themselves where they have access to children... which is why it's so important to make sure access to children is safeguarded which Trans Activists consistently and repeatedly refuse to do!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
We have transvestites posing naked with pre teens.....

Preteens dressing in drag and stripper dancing in bars that serve alcohol while having money thrown at them

And this sort it stuff as well, and no ones being charged with sexual exploitation of minors, or child abuse of any kind.....

So no I'm not surprised, I see what's happening as another arm of trying to normalize pedophilia...

What else would you call it when no one's being held accountable....

I'm sure NAMBLA is just giddy........

I use to be on the fence on if evil was a real thing, over the last two years I am not on that fence any longer

and there are those on the left who not only condone this kind of behavior, but celebrate it, and chastise anyone for questioning it. Feigned moral outrage is the new tool being used. By tools.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

"Are you trying to say that the tranny lifestyle is a religious cult of some kind? I guess that their god is a cross dresser then if that's the case, the great transsexual in the sky.

"Going up to the tranny in the sky. That's where I'm gonna go when I die . . . " "

that is a stretch. my point is there are bad people in all walks of life.
there are good people in all walks of life.
not once did i say the "tranny lifestyle is a religious cult".
the parents of those children should be the ones to decide if "drag queen story hour" is good for their child.
any organization hosting any event for children should take the steps to determine if someone should not be around the children. the parents can and should push for these steps to be taken before allowing their child to get involved with the story hour.

parents should not be pressured to place their children in a situation they deem inappropriate for their offspring.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

"And? So? What are you really saying??? Because it sounds like you're saying it's okay for trans people to be creepers and perverts because religious people are creepers and perverts. Would you like to expand on your comment? Or should I just accept it at face value?

Are you okay with creepers and perverts victimizing and abusing children? Or just some? Is it okay if trans people do it but not okay if religious folk do it? "

when did i say it is okay for any group of people to hurt anyone else?
answer: i never did

my point is just because someone has a different lifestyle does not necessarily mean they are abusers.
just because someone comes across as clean cut does not necessarily mean they are safe.

background checks for all persons working around children, elderly, mentally ill, or anyone who is vulnerable is a start.
this background check should be done for all teachers at all levels too.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

when did i say it is okay for any group of people to hurt anyone else?
answer: i never did

Hence my questions... and my perception... as opposed to a statement or accusation.

Shall I play that game too?

When did I say you sait it is okay for any group of people to hurt anyone else?
Answer: I never did.

Where did that get us? Nowhere.

my point is just because someone has a different lifestyle does not necessarily mean they are abusers.

Of course not. But that's not what you said. Your comment --

there have been many religious people who hurt little ones.

-- serves exactly the same purpose that you object to in regards to transgender persons. I can 100% agree with this though:

background checks for all persons working around children, elderly, mentally ill, or anyone who is vulnerable is a start.

We must consistently and persistently provide the same safeguards and precautions for children for exactly the same reason: because predators come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. No exceptions for anyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Eww so much wrong in this story.....

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Oh wow... the thread has been pulled now

funny that - seems to happen quite regularly recently. Yeah nothing to see here, move along/

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It's a crying shame, eh?

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to the Mods here though, because I know that MUCH of what I post would get me banned lots of other places... even arrested some places. So I do trust that it got very out of hand.

And -- rightly or wrongly -- I suspect it was deliberately inflamed in order to have it shut down. There was plenty of disagreement and arguing in the thread, but it was basically civil, and quite informative for anyone looking for information and discussion. So something changed. Or perhaps that should be "someone" changed, because I don't think it was any of us already discussing and arguing.

That's just my opinion though. Maybe it was us!

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This drag queen introduction to our youngest is something no normal functioning person should consider a good idea. It is obvious that this kind of initiative will be attracting mentally confused people. It can not be other than that this "social experiment" is part of somekind of agenda and originates from someone high up the food chain. It is becoming more disturbed and we, the "normal" people should guard what is happening with our children when they are out of our sight...especially.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My city all kinds of #ed up

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to the Mods here though

Yeah probably - I'm of the opinion like you that it was inflamed. As to motives well...it ain't rocket science.
We must stay ever vigilant.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

"Are you trying to say that the tranny lifestyle is a religious cult of some kind? I guess that their god is a cross dresser then if that's the case, the great transsexual in the sky.

"Going up to the tranny in the sky. That's where I'm gonna go when I die . . . " "

that is a stretch. my point is there are bad people in all walks of life.
there are good people in all walks of life.
not once did i say the "tranny lifestyle is a religious cult".
the parents of those children should be the ones to decide if "drag queen story hour" is good for their child.
any organization hosting any event for children should take the steps to determine if someone should not be around the children. the parents can and should push for these steps to be taken before allowing their child to get involved with the story hour.

parents should not be pressured to place their children in a situation they deem inappropriate for their offspring.

I thought that was your point, but it could have been taken another way due to your very limited two line comment. I was merely making a joke because you hadn't fully explained what you meant. In fact it sounded to me a lot like you were taking a jab at religious people in general and holding transsexuals up as an example of higher moral behavior. I decided not to go there and chose to make a joke instead.
edit on 3-4-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For clarity

edit on 3-4-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

<< 1   >>

join