It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Public Library Admits Registered Child Sex Offender Participated In Drag Queen Storytime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow, the crazy is spreading. I do not recognize this circus we call society any longer. Really, these programs promoting "love and acceptance" for anything and everything is getting ridiculous. In this instance, public officials neglected to do their job and perform background checks on the adults interfacing with children and surprise! Look what they found.

www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-public-library-admits-registered-child-sex-offender-read-to-kids-in-drag-queen-storytime/285-becf3a0d-56c5-4f3 c-96df-add07bbd002a

A media spokesperson for the library confirmed one of those drag queens, Tatiana Mala Nina, is Alberto Garza, a 32-year-old child sex offender.

A media spokesperson for the library confirmed one of the program’s drag queens, Tatiana Mala Nina, is Alberto Garza, a 32-year-old child sex offender. In 2008, he was convicted of assaulting an 8-year-old boy.

“Most parents would not allow that individual to sit in this library and be held up as a role model to our children. Shame on you, Mayor (Sylvester) Turner!” said Tracy Shannon with Mass Resistance.

In a statement, the Houston Public Library admits they didn’t do a background check on Garza and said Garza will not be involved in any future library programs.

“If they had done their job and due diligence, if they had said wait...maybe it’s not a good idea to have a sex offender who at 200 pounds and 5-foot-11 assaulted an 8-year-old boy!” Shannon said.

Drag Queen Storytime’s creators say it’s part of a national program that aims to promote love and acceptance.

edit on 16-3-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Boing Boing 😆

Who's Congressional District is this in ?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It's just another "step" in everything that's plaguing or society(as it reaches it's extinction point).

Watched that PJW video the other day, seems pretty spot on to me with all I've been noticing over the last several decades(obviously more of it in the recent years).

I wonder what comes next? after the west(both physical and social) collapses. I'm sure something will fill the void, really doubt it will be any better than what we are at now. From looking around, whatever will take it's place will probably set us back hundred(maybe a thousand) years.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is Drag Queen Story Time the Progressive version of Sunday School? Teaching moral foundation and rules to live by?

Sounds quite similar.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: xuenchen

Is Drag Queen Story Time the Progressive version of Sunday School? Teaching moral foundation and rules to live by?

Sounds quite similar.

Verwy Pozzible ........

Have a look. It sure ain't "Conservative".......

WHAT IS DRAG QUEEN STORY HOUR?

Drag Queen Story Hour (DQSH) is just what it sounds like—drag queens reading stories to children in libraries, schools, and bookstores. DQSH captures the imagination and play of the gender fluidity of childhood and gives kids glamorous, positive, and unabashedly queer role models. In spaces like this, kids are able to see people who defy rigid gender restrictions and imagine a world where people can present as they wish, where dress up is real.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Drag queen story time??????

I.....

I'm having.......a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around this on so many levels.

Who came up with this, and thought it was a good idea?

What kind of parent thought it was a good idea to take thier child there?

I don't give a rats behind what lifestyle any individual chooses, but a childs mind is not developed enough to understand some adult things.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Houston Public Library Admits Registered Child Sex Offender Participated In Drag Queen Storytime

Not surprising in the least.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

We saw all sorts of excuses and attempts at calling these things "normal" in this thread...

Mom of 11-year-old drag queen who danced in gay nightclub: No Wrong Doing Found
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No I am not surprised. We must be ever vigilant as the attempts to normalize certain behaviours escalate.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Holy crap!!!!

Are you saying that a man who likes to dress like a woman and who volunteered to be around children is a degenerate pervert?

I don’t believe that for a second, this is obviously just false news being spun by bigoted homophobic Trump supporters.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

there have been many religious people who hurt little ones.
they are everywhere in all walks of life.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

Are you trying to say that the tranny lifestyle is a religious cult of some kind? I guess that their god is a cross dresser then if that's the case, the great transsexual in the sky.

"Going up to the tranny in the sky. That's where I'm gonna go when I die . . . "

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: infolurker

Mom of 11-year-old drag queen who danced in gay nightclub: No Wrong Doing Found
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh wow... the thread has been pulled now. I haven't been back to it for a few days and went to catch up. It must have really gone downhill. Bummer.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

And? So? What are you really saying??? Because it sounds like you're saying it's okay for trans people to be creepers and perverts because religious people are creepers and perverts. Would you like to expand on your comment? Or should I just accept it at face value?

Are you okay with creepers and perverts victimizing and abusing children? Or just some? Is it okay if trans people do it but not okay if religious folk do it?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We have transvestites posing naked with pre teens.....

Preteens dressing in drag and stripper dancing in bars that serve alcohol while having money thrown at them

And this sort it stuff as well, and no ones being charged with sexual exploitation of minors, or child abuse of any kind.....

So no I'm not surprised, I see what's happening as another arm of trying to normalize pedophilia...

What else would you call it when no one's being held accountable....

I'm sure NAMBLA is just giddy........

I use to be on the fence on if evil was a real thing, over the last two years I am not on that fence any longer

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Wow, the crazy is spreading. I do not recognize this circus we call society any longer. Really, these programs promoting "love and acceptance" for anything and everything is getting ridiculous. In this instance, public officials neglected to do their job and perform background checks on the adults interfacing with children and surprise! Look what they found.

www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-public-library-admits-registered-child-sex-offender-read-to-kids-in-drag-queen-storytime/285-becf3a0d-56c5-4f3 c-96df-add07bbd002a

A media spokesperson for the library confirmed one of those drag queens, Tatiana Mala Nina, is Alberto Garza, a 32-year-old child sex offender.

A media spokesperson for the library confirmed one of the program’s drag queens, Tatiana Mala Nina, is Alberto Garza, a 32-year-old child sex offender. In 2008, he was convicted of assaulting an 8-year-old boy.

“Most parents would not allow that individual to sit in this library and be held up as a role model to our children. Shame on you, Mayor (Sylvester) Turner!” said Tracy Shannon with Mass Resistance.

In a statement, the Houston Public Library admits they didn’t do a background check on Garza and said Garza will not be involved in any future library programs.

“If they had done their job and due diligence, if they had said wait...maybe it’s not a good idea to have a sex offender who at 200 pounds and 5-foot-11 assaulted an 8-year-old boy!” Shannon said.

Drag Queen Storytime’s creators say it’s part of a national program that aims to promote love and acceptance.

The library did not do a background check when children are involved, that is where the anger should be directed. There are and have always been sex offenders and paedophiles seeking to position themselves where children are and it is up to all of those involved to do their due diligence in getting, maintaining and checking their background.

It is not fair to demonize an entire community for the actions of one person. Do you demonize all school teachers for the actions of one or two people who managed to slip through the cracks?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

What's the value of having a story hour themed as a Drag Queen Story Hour?
Are there gay story hours, straight story hours, male story hours, female story hours, hemaphrodite story hour...etc? Maybe we should just have a story hour without pushing all this crap?
As usual, such nonsense is positioned as healthy education of kids, when it's really just sexual grooming of children. Perverts widening their pool of sexual partners.

edit on 17/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

It is not fair to demonize an entire community for the actions of one person.

Of course not. Neither is it in any way fair to pretend like any community is without fault, or should not be held to the highest standards. Especially when a significant portion of that community is all about a sexual fetish, it is downright irresponsible NOT to consider and guard against sexual abuses within that community.

Do you demonize all school teachers for the actions of one or two people who managed to slip through the cracks?

Of course not. Neither do we pretend like all teachers are without vice. We do take appropriate and reasonable precautions for reasonable risks. Teachers know and understand this is necessary and proper. We don't hear teachers crying about these appropriate precautions, or crying about not demonizing all teachers because of the bad behavior of a few.

Reasonable and responsible adults are quite happy to comply with reasonable and responsible safeguards for the greater good... unlike Trans Activists...

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

It is not fair to demonize an entire community for the actions of one person.

Of course not. Neither is it in any way fair to pretend like any community is without fault, or should not be held to the highest standards. Especially when a significant portion of that community is all about a sexual fetish, it is downright irresponsible NOT to consider and guard against sexual abuses within that community.

Do you demonize all school teachers for the actions of one or two people who managed to slip through the cracks?

Of course not. Neither do we pretend like all teachers are without vice. We do take appropriate and reasonable precautions for reasonable risks. Teachers know and understand this is necessary and proper. We don't hear teachers crying about these appropriate precautions, or crying about not demonizing all teachers because of the bad behavior of a few.

Reasonable and responsible adults are quite happy to comply with reasonable and responsible safeguards for the greater good... unlike Trans Activists...

You just confirmed your bias again, implying that all trans activists are not reasonable and responsible adults.

My point, again, is that wherever children congregate it is up to those in charge to do their due diligence in the protection of children. In this specific situation, the library staff did not do their due diligence. Attacking all trans people whether activists or not skirts over the real problem in this specific situation.

Library staff apologized and stated this as well:

"No participant is ever alone with children, and we have not received any complaints about any inappropriate behavior by participants at storytimes," the statement, cited by media, read, assuring parents that the library is taking "appropriate action" to ensure all other participants are "verified."

and this:

The program launched in 2017 at the Montrose branch, ostensibly to teach children "to embrace gender diversity in themselves and in others" and has met with considerable resistance from locals, including lawsuits, petitions, and protests.

www.rt.com...

What really matters here is that they will screen everyone from now on. But it is worrisome that they didn't screen everybody in the first place - protection of children should be their first priority.
edit on 13CDT07America/Chicago05970731 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You just confirmed your bias again, implying that all trans activists are not reasonable and responsible adults.

No implications whatsoever... no inferences either... neither any hints nor suggestions. I am straight out saying that all Trans Activists are not reasonable and responsible adults.

No bias either. I very clearly distinguish between the rotten-to-the-core apples and the rest specifically by calling them "Trans Activists." No transphobia... no homophobia... just absolute disgust with the misogynists and creepers who hide their sexual fetish and sexual predators behind transsexuals and the gender dysphoric.

My point, again, is that wherever children congregate it is up to those in charge to do their due diligence in the protection of children. In this specific situation, the library staff did not do their due diligence.

Obviously.

Attacking all trans people whether activists or not skirts over the real problem in this specific situation.

No. There is more than one real problem here.

The misdeeds of the library administration do not excuse or erase the misdeeds of the known sexual child predator. Nor the trans community which promoted him to this position. Sometimes -- oftentimes! -- more than one person can be guilty of wrongdoing.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

No implications whatsoever... no inferences either... neither any hints nor suggestions. I am straight out saying that all Trans Activists are not reasonable and responsible adults.

No bias either. I very clearly distinguish between the rotten-to-the-core apples and the rest specifically by calling them "Trans Activists." No transphobia... no homophobia... just absolute disgust with the misogynists and creepers who hide their sexual fetish and sexual predators behind transsexuals and the gender dysphoric.

My point, again, is that wherever children congregate it is up to those in charge to do their due diligence in the protection of children. In this specific situation, the library staff did not do their due diligence.

Obviously.

Attacking all trans people whether activists or not skirts over the real problem in this specific situation.

No. There is more than one real problem here.

The misdeeds of the library administration do not excuse or erase the misdeeds of the known sexual child predator. Nor the trans community which promoted him to this position. Sometimes -- oftentimes! -- more than one person can be guilty of wrongdoing.

How do you know the trans community prompted him to this position? You make many assumptions without logic or proof.

Now you are lumping sexual predators as hiding behind fetishes or within the gender dysphoric, which you know very well that the sexual predators come in all shapes and sizes and position themselves in every walk of life where children congregate.

edit on 13CDT08America/Chicago01580831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join