It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: All Knives Should Be Fitted With GPS Trackers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So Brits, is there anything left that your politicians think you can't be responsible with?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Of course all the usual suspects are taking this seriously.

Its nonsense, even the idiot of a politician who suggested it now acknowledges that it was a stupid idea.
No-one, not one single person thought it was sensible or viable or desirable.....apart from some US members of ATS who believed it was an example of how things are in the UK.

Stop believing all the bull# that MSM is feeding you guys.
I'm sure that if I wanted to waste a few minutes I could trawl the internet to get some similar stupid suggestions made by American politicians.....but I have far more important and interesting things to do.

Doesn't change the simple fact that that was his initial stance. Might still be his belief deep down.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Wait a second, the anti gun crowd assured me that it was the gun that was evil, not the person holding it. That all we would need to do is remove these evil guns out of the hands of the people and the killing tendencies would completely stop.

Now you are telling me that evil entity has started infecting knives as well? My god, next thing you know it will evolve and make the leap into bats and scooters. we are all doooooommmmmed.

What'll happen when they get down to using their bare hands to kill?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

One person is not representative of the whole of the UK.

Not one single person expressed any sort of agreement with him and it never, ever had any chance whatsoever of being legislated.
Its an a non-issue....yet as usual certain people are trying to spread the false impression that its an example of the invasive nature of UK society.
Its not....its absolute bollocks.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Not one single person expressed any sort of agreement with him and it never, ever had any chance whatsoever of being legislated.
Its an a non-issue....yet as usual certain people are trying to spread the false impression that its an example of the invasive nature of UK society.
Its not....its absolute bollocks.

I disagree. I think the UK is the frog, and your laws are the slow boiling pot. Little by little you'll accept more subjugation in the name of safety.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You are wrong.

Despite the testament of numerous people who actually live in the UK telling you that you are wrong in your assumptions you still persist in believing that bull#.

That my friend says far more about you than it does anyone else.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Double Post.

edit on 17/3/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Maybe there was also a dig in there at the humorous idea that outlawing guns will solve violence. As they outlaw guns, knife violence is increasing. Instead of actually addressing the issue, once again they take the route of comedy. Even if this is just one person's idea, I am sure we will see much more of these 'brilliant' ideas in the near future for the UK.

Violent knife crimes on the increase

Violent crime involving knives, especially in London, has been in the headlines a lot recently, but are these kind of offences really on the rise? Looking at violent crimes committed involving knives, according to the most recent Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures, 2017/18 did indeed see rises compared to 2016/17. Homicide involving a knife or sharp instrument increased by 34 percent. Robbery also went up by 34 percent and rape involving a knife by 8 percent.

England's knife crime epidemic sees 54% rise in young stabbing injuries in 5 years

London (CNN)The number of young individuals admitted to hospital with wounds inflicted by knives or sharp objects has soared by more than half in England, according to official figures released by the National Health Service (NHS).

You don't mind if we make fun of your politician's naivety do you? Always chasing the tail and never addressing the dog that wagging said tail they are.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

' You don't mind if we make fun of your politician's naivety do you? Always chasing the tail and never addressing the dog that wagging said tail they are.'

fun away clovensky.

the current crop are revealing where their loyalties lie and I sincerely find the humour factor amongst members pleasurable.
with regards to the sharp pointy thing issue, yes it is a problem and my personal experiences have up to now countered three occasions of being confronted with sharps. many years ago I began training my thumbs which if I had a current assessment would be classed as lethal. lets hope shock-collars and boxing gloves do not become mandaTory lol.

f.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I have my own thoughts on the rise in knife crimes, and they aren't politically correct.

But that isn't the subject of this thread....and it has nothing to do with the point I'm making about some American ATS members who seem to jump all over stories like this and try to portray them as fact and as examples of how the intrusive UK nanny state are somehow taking away our freedoms.

Despite UK members repeatedly testifying how untrue those misconceptions are still they persist in peddling this nonsense.

Please feel free to make fun and ridicule our politicians, they are worthy of nothing but our contempt and disgust.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The further away from God society becomes the more these stabbings will happen. The spirit of hatred is rampant in our divided, secular society. The love of many has grown cold and the people who rage succumb to the spirit of murder because their hatred is spiritual.
We're covering a burn, if we let God breathe on the wound it'll heal, if not it'll fester and rot.
These Godless people rage against themselves, other people are simply in the way.
Please come back Jesus. We really need ya.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is why 2nd amendment supporters will not budge. It starts with magazine capacity and ends with gps in kitchen knives. It’s the nature of the beast.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well, I am stupid enough to throw stones while living in a glass house, built by my own tax donations to the leviathan. Maybe I am just incorrectly transferring my anger and angst from problems in my own back yard to others. I do believe that the UK is somewhat of a test bench and those problems are coming our way.

It just seems like there in an underlying current of corruption there. From no longer being able to identify the nationality/race/religion of the perps causing the crimes (intentional) to staffing problems with police. The experiment of socialized health care and how massive immigration impacts that service. The no go zones and overriding of national law by religious law in certain places. Maybe as you are farther down the path, I was cowardly hoping that the local native born populace would should the way back to freedom.

Don't get me wrong, I love England. I was born there and hope to make it back to my birthplace at some point in my life.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Please please dont let uk become as stupid as america!
ware you can shoot and kill a burglar,
but they dont want you to have guns?
ware in the countryside if you are attack't in your home by gun men.
you will have a LONG LONG wait for cops.
so you Best have a gun.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And of course no one would ever know how to disable the chip.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It just seems like there in an underlying current of corruption there.

There's corruption everywhere, to think anything other is remarkably naïve.
It's just a matter of how open and blatant it is....we in the UK/US etc have got incredibly subtle at it.

From no longer being able to identify the nationality/race/religion of the perps causing the crimes (intentional)....

There are statistics available relating to most, if not all, aspects of crime, including 'nationality/race/religion', what makes you think there isn't?

..... to staffing problems with police.

Deliberate under-funding by The Conservative Party in order to justify the introduction of private police force.....its about profit and ideology.
Most large donors to The Tory Party and many politicians have links to private companies like G4S and will obviously benefit financially.

The experiment of socialized health care.....

The NHS is the greatest achievement of the last 70 years.
Unfortunately, as above, The Tories are deliberately under-funding, mis-managing and under-mining it at every opportunity in order to introduce private health care....at the expense of the British people.
Every Tory Cabinet Minister from Heath's government onwards, and Blair and Brown's, should be tried for those 'crimes' alone.

If only it stopped there.

....and how massive immigration impacts that service.

Some common ground.

The no go zones.....

Which 'no go zones' would they be?

Like most large towns and cities the world over there are areas where one has to keep your wits about you and be alert at all times.
I'm almost certain there's areas in cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, Baltimore etc where its not advisable for white people to wander in to.
Are they 'no go zones' as well?

....and overriding of national law by religious law in certain places.

Please give me one example of where this has happened.
Scaremongering and hyperbole.

Maybe as you are farther down the path, I was cowardly hoping that the local native born populace would should the way back to freedom.

There are many, many things wrong with UK society; its electoral and parliamentary systems and the old boy network that still has massive control and influence.
But its nowhere near as bad as many would have you believe.

I can still go about my business and express my opinions more or less in anyway and anyhow I want.
Yes, there are social issues - where isn't there?
Is life in the US so perfect and idyllic?
A nation where the difference between the have's and have not's is grossly obscene and is far greater than even here in the UK.

I could rattle on and on about the negative sides to US society, but I don't want to.

As a rule of thumb I actually like Americans and the USA - the world would be a far worse place without it being what it is and the thankless role it has taken on in global politics.
But you guys really need a good dose of reality, get your head's out your own arses and stop being pompous, arrogant bell ends.
Stop believing all the bollocks and bull# Hollywood and MSM drip feed you.

Fortunately I know a hell of a lot of Americans don't fit that description....but too many do!

Don't get me wrong, I love England. I was born there and hope to make it back to my birthplace at some point in my life.

Good luck.
If you ever make it over here look some of us up and we'll have a few pints and we'll show you the real UK, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You are wrong.

Despite the testament of numerous people who actually live in the UK telling you that you are wrong in your assumptions you still persist in believing that bull#.

That my friend says far more about you than it does anyone else.

Own a crystal ball do you? Whats the winning powerball numbers?
edit on 17-3-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It's funny you should say that because whenever I get into an argument with someone from the UK about gun control they always drag the entire country into it to try and give their argument more weight.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

So Brits, is there anything left that your politicians think you can't be responsible with?

I'm thinking they need to go after rubber bands next... they can be used to make slingshots!

Oh, and sponges... don't forget about sponges!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

What on earth does that mean?

a reply to: TheRedneck

Have you bothered to read all the posts in this thread?

This was never, ever going to happen.

It was a ridiculous off the cuff suggestion made by a relatively unknown politician that no-one, and I mean absolutely not one single person, took seriously.
Its not news worthy because it isn't news, its nothing, a stupid spur of the moment suggestion immediately recognised as being stupid.

Yet still the usual suspects try to blow it up and portray it as something it quite clearly isn't.
Whose agenda is being pushed here?

Absolute joke of a thread.

<< 1    3 >>

join