It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: All Knives Should Be Fitted With GPS Trackers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Control freaks never rest. It is never enough. When does it ever end? Firearms, swords, knives, cars, sporks, hammers, sticks, car keys? In the name of safety, all UK citizens should wear straight jackets?

It would be funny if these people are not deadly serious.

Want to fix your knife crime problem? Start issuing concealed carry permits and pistols to law abiding citizens. Sure, people will die but mostly the criminals.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

An MP has been widely mocked for suggesting all knives sold in the UK have a GPS tracker fitted, and saying that fishermen could have a special exemption.

Scott Mann, the Member of Parliament for North Cornwall put his musings in a tweet, writing: "Every knife sold in the UK should have a GPS tracker fitted in the handle. It’s time we had a national database like we do with guns.

"If you’re carrying it around you had better have a bloody good explanation, obvious exemptions for fishing etc."

Many pointed out that this is an unworkable plan, as there are millions of knives in the UK, mainly used for chopping food.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Saw that and could not stop laughing for a bit, thankfully he seems to be getting castigated fairly hard for such an idiotic statement.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They've gone beyond full retard.

They've gone plaid.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Even the honorable MP Scott Mann saw the funny side later.

And I quote :-

"Politician later admits it's "a bit of a # idea"."

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Scott Mann has now admitted that his idea was not a very good one

Not a very good one ?
I sometimes think we have to many MPs , idiots like Scott Mann solidify that opinion.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wait a second, the anti gun crowd assured me that it was the gun that was evil, not the person holding it. That all we would need to do is remove these evil guns out of the hands of the people and the killing tendencies would completely stop.

Now you are telling me that evil entity has started infecting knives as well? My god, next thing you know it will evolve and make the leap into bats and scooters. we are all doooooommmmmed.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They'll bypass the laws with home-made knives made to order and sold underground !!!!

😆

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So what do you have to do, plug the knife in every night to charge it(how else would it work).

What happens when you let the battery die in it and the GPS stops working?

Can they make it so that the knife is only sharp when it has power(of course not)?

If I had said something this stupid, I'd find the closest knife(with a full charge of course) and stab myself with it. If that's not too stupid to live then I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

In the annals of historically stupid things to say, this is actually just #2.

#1 was, "Yes, your butt does look big in those jeans".

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Like I said in another post:
How deep down the stupid hole does the Left want to go?

In London, they are facing a knifing epidemic, so what next ???
- Cutlery manufacturers will be held responsible?
- How about the steelmakers that provided the steel to the cutlery makers ?
- How about the iron ore mines that supplied the steelmakers ?
- How about the miners that dug the iron ore ?
- How about the mothers who gave birth to the miners ?

There is just no end to leftists lunacy.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
GPS tracker.

Does he think GPS satellites track things? If not, would the law require that the batteries in the knife be changed regularly?

edit on 3/16/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No.

#1 is "No, the jeans don't make your butt look big. Your butt is big."

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I wonder if this guy knows a little secret....

A quality pair of scissors is TWO KNIVES, all you have to do is remove the bolt.
edit on 16-3-2019 by MisterSpock because: blurrrp

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA!

You guys will need trackers in every glass bottle, too... several of them. Don't want no untracked shards of glass!

Thank you Britain! Best laugh I've had all day!

a reply to: MisterSpock

So they have to have two trackers in every pair of scissors!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Isn't the issue more about how people choose to solve their problems or gain power and control over situations by using violence? You could just as easily cut a throat or stab someone with a sharp piece of glass or hard plastic, so in all reality the issue isn't about how you might commit a violent act, but that you thought of using violence to begin with and then carried out the act of violence.

Perhaps people feel so powerless or "backed into a corner" that violence seems to be the best or even the only solution left to deal with the situation they find themselves in. Gun violence, knife violence, any kind of physical violence, these are all symptoms of something besides the means used to commit a violent act.

Someone bothering you? Beat the crap out of them. You need money but can't get any? Kill someone and take their wallet. When things don't work the way they are supposed to work, go postal. Problem solved when all else has failed.

To those with power, be they doctors, police officers, politicians, whom ever, the go to response is mostly to address the symptom and ignore or even deny the cause. The problem isn't theirs until it becomes their problem. But is this really how it is? It is likely they are part of the problems that created the cause to begin with. If you aren't part of the solution, you just may be part of the problem. But no one dares go there or thinks that, hence it is because of knives or guns, etc.

To quote Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror Picture Show, "I'll remove the cause, but not the symptom."
edit on 16-3-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added additional comments

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

lmao, he is just some backbench mp, fix the cultural problems in the broken communities and you might have a chance but some estates in britain seem beyond fixing.
glasgow did well with their knife problems maybe ask them how they did it.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
At long last, when you have utterly failed at every attempt to "civilize" the human mind and "tame the beast" (so to speak) you are finally left with nothing more than the naked "Panopticon society" as your final remaining option. Not because this wasn't the only real solution (And by that I mean real workable solution, not the ideal solution) to this problem all along. Rather, because there were always ways to try to disguise it and make it more aesthetically palatable.

Your path has been headed this way for as long as you've been alive. You've been warned repeatedly that this was the end result (the only possible one). You probably knew deep down it was true but allowed yourself to be deluded for as long as you possibly could.
edit on 16-3-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
What I'm waiting for is a GPS tracker inside every buttplug. If for no other reason than that I have a hard time keeping up with all my buttplugs and sometimes I forget that there's already one up my butt even as I'm wondering where it's gone.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
All politicians should be fitted with brains before they are elected to be our leaders, but that's never going to happen, either!

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Of course all the usual suspects are taking this seriously.

Its nonsense, even the idiot of a politician who suggested it now acknowledges that it was a stupid idea.
No-one, not one single person thought it was sensible or viable or desirable.....apart from some US members of ATS who believed it was an example of how things are in the UK.

Stop believing all the bull# that MSM is feeding you guys.
I'm sure that if I wanted to waste a few minutes I could trawl the internet to get some similar stupid suggestions made by American politicians.....but I have far more important and interesting things to do.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join