It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory on DNA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorX11

Paleolithic diets are on the right track, as are ketogenic diets. Quite rigorous by today’s standards, as the majority of ‘food’ sold shouldn’t be okay to consume, but it’s what we’re offered. In India the stomach is considered the second brain. Because our brain only functions the way it does depending on the fuel we provide it. Depending on a person’s microbiota; the amino acids and proteins humans activate within their digestive systems vary greatly. And the nutrient value absorbed-once again affecting the brain and body. I believe that within a lifetime this could completely alter their DNA and future ancestry.

This struck a chord with me, in that, we all seem to be chemically different and as such react to whatever we put into our bodies in different ways. Would not the first course of action be to determine one's microbiota first? But how does one do that?

Can we assume that diet alters DNA responsible for creating or staving off cancer and early bodily degeneration? What are the Syrian people doing right?

The country Syria made the number one spot for the lowest cancer-related cases and the lowest mortality rates. Syria was reported to have 85.0 per 100,000 cases. Following Syria, the countries of Bhutan (86.0), Algeria (86.7), Nepal (90.7), and Oman (94.9) made the top four in the list of countries with the lowest cancer levels.

www.techtimes.com...

I have experimented with different diets, followed government nutrition guidelines (which by the way seem confused - first eggs are bad for you, no wait, now they are good for you), tried diets for blood type, tried to change an acidic bodily environment to a more alkaline one...and vice versa (as now an acidic bodily environment is best for staving off many bacterial and viral infections). Needless to say, it is all very confusing.

So how does one determine their microbiota - and I know that one size will not fit all here?
edit on 13CDT08America/Chicago03480831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Oldtimer2

all the study's shown only way to change DNA is through a cosmic burst

Incorrect.

Errors Are a Natural Part of DNA Replication

www.nature.com...

Not only are errors in DNA replication natural, but I bet they are vital for life in the long run to be able to adapt to changing environmental conditions.

I'm thinking that even if a species of organisms developed 100% error-free DNA replication or a 100% effective repair mechanism, that species would eventually die out after inevitable changes to its environment occurred, and the species could not adapt through mutation and natural selection.

edit on 2019/3/18 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join