It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ernst Zundel deported from Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
I think everybody is forgeting one little thing.

Ernst Zundel was NOT a Canadian citizen, yet when he was deported from the US he was sent to Canada. Why did the Americans not deport him back to Germany, where all of your arguments on his behalf would have made much bigger headlines.`

Why is no-one debating this?

good point. the media needs it's demons, eh? how else do you set-up a hegelian dialectic.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Ernst Zundel was NOT a Canadian citizen, yet when he was deported from the US he was sent to Canada. Why did the Americans not deport him back to Germany, where all of your arguments on his behalf would have made much bigger headlines.`

Umm, some of us did not forget that Mr. Zundel was not Canadian.
As to why the US shipped him back to Canada, perhaps this (linked below) can be of some assistance to you?
History and Trials of Ernest Zundel

seekerof

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Years ago when I worked for the Canadian Human Rights Commission, we used to receive regular hate mailings from Zundel.

He never became a Canadian citizen. And Canada has been trying to get rid of him for years.

The U.S. didn't want him either. They gave him the boot after a couple of years living there.

He's no loss to our country!

[edit on 2/3/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
...There is a big difference between locking up a person who is narrowly skirting -or even violating- the laws of the land, and flat-out torturing PoWs.
DE

Thanks DE. I hate all these high and mighty comparisons of apples and oranges.

As if any Canadian prison could compare to Abu Ghraib or Gitmo.

Deny ignorance, my a*s.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Because its not convenient, that's why.

Conversely, the U.S. saw fit to deport Mahar Arar, a dual Canadian and Syrian citizen to Syria where he would be most certainly tortured.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
What you don't like is when America does it. If Canada does it sweep it under the rug. If America does it cry foul on the internet and the Fifth Estate.

There's a big difference between detaining people and torturing them. Although I don't agree with the concept of national security certificates, they are treated humanely.

Get a grip, there's nothing to compare.

And I can howl at/about my government as much as any American when I see an injustice. Most Canadians can as well.

Ernst Zundel's situation was not an injustice. If I had my way he would have been gone long, long ago. He wasn't a Canadian citizen and added nothing to our country.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Ignore Duzey! he is an embarrassment to Canadians!

Oh my, it looks like I gained some equipment when I wasn't looking. I'm a she, darling. As for ignoring me, go right ahead. Lots of folks here ignore members they don't agree with, and that is your prerogative.

Again, I think security certificates are disgusting, and I really, really wish we didn't use them. They've been around at least 13 years now, but I haven't been able to find out when they came into use.

As for being a fan of my government, nope sorry. I don't like our government at all. It has nothing to do with who is in power; I just have an inherent dislike for our government for several reasons. Some of them are even things Batoche and I would agree on, surprisingly enough. Seat distribution being a big one. Another one is my tendency towards paranoia, which I freely admit to.

And for Canadian bashing vs. America bashing, we're both in that boat together. I take a lot of heat on ATS simply because I am not from the US. People jump to the conclusion that I must be anti-American just because I'm Canadian. I'll admit that I am not a fan of your current government, but they are your government, and I have my own corrupt idiots to deal with. If you'd like to see an example of how Canada gets treated on this board, check out some of the BMD threads from the last week or so.

I know Americans take lots of heat too, and I do try to make a conscious effort to not add to it. I try not to judge all Americans based on the postings of a few. I tried very hard to keep the tone of my post from being anti-American, because I knew it would be perceived that way, even if that was not my intention.

Originally posted by parrhesia
What benefit is there of knowing who they are when they're still being held, indefinitely, and their rights have been stripped?

Now that's the kind of questioning I like. Insightful, and to the point. The value I see in knowing who these certificates are being used on are so we can fight tooth and nail to have our government stop using these certificates and let the courts do their job. It keeps the spotlight on the situation. I'm afraid that if we didn't know who was under a certificate, the accused would have no hope of ever getting his day in court.

Not the ideal answer to the problem of certificates, but if they are going to be used, I want to know who they are using them on. I don't trust the government enough to take their word on these things. I wished they weren't used at all but if they are going to use them, I want to know who they are so I can keep an eye on the situation. I find to often that the old adage 'Out of sight; out of mind' proves true far more than I would like.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Update:

German prosecutors said Tuesday they have charged white supremacist Ernst Zundel with inciting racial hatred, four months after he was deported from Canada.

German authorities accuse Zundel of decades of anti-Semitic activities, including repeated denials of the Holocaust - a crime in Germany - in documents and on the Internet.

Zundel is "known internationally as a leader of the right-wing scene," prosecutors in the southwestern city of Mannheim said Tuesday in a statement listing 14 examples of alleged incitement.

Zundel Charged in Germany

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join