It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Muslims Murder 32 Nigerian Christians In Late February Yet MSM Never Reported It WHY?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Don't forget the push to call out so-called "Islamophobia" (fear of Islam? What is wrong with fearing at thing? I mean, fear is totally different than something dark, like hate!) … while ignoring anti-Semitism AND Christian persecution. Wtf?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Islamist leaders hold a press conference.

Summary: Stop bashing our religion, before more Muslims are killed!

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Great OP.

Tell me, did you make an issue of it at the time?

Funny that.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Don't forget the push to call out so-called "Islamophobia" (fear of Islam? What is wrong with fearing at thing? I mean, fear is totally different than something dark, like hate!) … while ignoring anti-Semitism AND Christian persecution. Wtf?

Anti-semitism and Islamophobia are close cousins.

Go after halal today, kosher tomorrow.

Sharia today, beth din tomorrow.

Gender separation at mosque today, at shul tomorrow.

Green triangles today, yellow stars tomrrow.

Luckily, not everyone sees it as either or.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
Explain why Jesus killed so many in OT for not listening and for being diffrent from the Hebrews ? Not an argument ! Just interesting to me

Jesus was not the OT.

First, I am not a literal believer. I think the Bible, especially the OT is part history book (from the Hebrew perspective) and part "spell book" that only those in the know get to understand.

In that time on this planet every tribe or kingdom would literally be in a constant state of war with other nearby tribes or kingdoms. It would be very "wise" to compel your audience via your priests to convince the men of your tribe that God or the Gods were on your side and made sure your victories were rewarded and brought you in favor and that your losses were because you made God or God(s) unhappy.

Really though, your question is actually you wondering why nature is so cruel. It is because it is. All religions and cults are pretty much an attempt to figure out that dilemma. The internal struggle of mankind. We can think and feel empathy and yet we can just as easily act our animal impulses and be cold and cruel toward our fellow man. We want to be one but sometimes become the other. Why?

Well the viewpoint of Jesus is that we have free will. That is why some people choose bad or evil paths. That is the new testament view in a nutshell. The viewpoint of God from the Old testament is that human beings do things and they are either rewarded or punished and at times led to these decisions by God. Therefore a limited free will. So there is a difference. To you, obviously Jesus and God are the same. I do not. I do not think a human being made of flesh can become or be a God. It's confusing to many CHristians and I can see why.

I think that Jesus was definitely enlightened. And it was probably because he was unhappy with the Jewish religions hypocrisy at the time. That led him to study other philosophies and religions - and probably get high quite frequently to learn from trance states. I could be wrong, but it seems right to me. So what it was is this - he was NOT state sanctioned. Thus he did not apply to your idea.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
well put ! I agree

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Technically it is.

No, it's not.

The only difference is Christianity went through their own violent age from around 700 to 1700 AD.

Three points
1) That was 300+ years ago.
2) MOST (not all) christian violence was in response to persecution
3) We wouldn't be talking about this if islam ditched it 300 years ago, I'm alive now. what happened 300 years ago is irrelevant for purposes other than learning.

Did you miss the crusades, the inquisition, the genocide of the native americans?

The crusades were a defense of a culture against islamic attacks, but nice try. The inquisition killed 3k over a 10 year period. Muslims achieved that in one day (9/11). You'll have to be more specific about native americans. The US government was pretty genocidal towards them for some time, but that wasn't christianity even if it was christians. Prior to that, there were many wars with native americans. Wars aren't genocide.

s? You think because Christians only did it in the past that they are excused from those actions?

Yep. Are you seriously going to argue that christians today are guilty of crimes committed by people 300-1500 years ago? If so, the blood on the hands of the followers of islam has just increased exponentially. The sad thing is, you didn't even see that coming.

Radical Islam also does not represent all Islam, just like fundamentalist Christianity does not represent all Christians.

See, this is the problem with people like you and your false moral equivalency. Just a moment ago you were arguing that we Christians all have blood on our hands because of things that happened 300 years ago. Now you're saying current muslims get a pass for current violence by their fellows. I'm responsible for things that happened seven lifetimes before I was born, but muslims aren't responsible for things going on in their religion now. You've made yourself a logic pretzel, good luck getting out of it.

The problem is extremism.

Not really, at least not in islam
It's not even really extremism in islam. 25% of AMERICAN muslims believe it is acceptable to commit violence against people who offend islam by simply drawing a picture of islam. 20% of american muslims believe it is encourageable to commit violence to make shariah the law of the land.

The problem with islam is not extremism, it's that it is a violent ideology, not a religion. It is an ideology meant to infiltrate governments, control, and oppress. If you believe the same about judaism or christianity, please show me the jewish or christian equivalent of taqiyya.

You might want to read Leviticus, buddy.

It's sad enough that your entire previous argument centered around things that happened 300 years ago. Now you're referencing Leviticus, which was instituted in like 1400 bc (3500 years ago). Let me know when christians or jews start stoning people and throwing them off buildings for homosexuality or adultry in the present day. I'll condemn that too.

I guess my point is; when you arrive in 2019 and start living life here and trying to solve the problems of the present day, let me know. Until then, # off.
edit on 18-3-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

What is wrong with fearing at thing?

Fear is the mind killer! It makes for dumb decisions.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thanks, I recommend for a start to investigate a book from the 1960's I think by Julian Jaynes that is titled "The Bicameral Mind".
I am sure that over time that has been debated and so on to death, but for me I read it and it made quite a bit of sense. The theory is that "back then" people were naturally schizophrenic. When they heard Gods word they literally did so. Then some sort of evolutionary thing happened that made humans what they are now.

Thus the explosion of humanistic belief. He sort of focused on ME religions, but I was always thinking that the Buddhist religion could be also implied in that change.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I’m a Hermetic I believe all religions that require death as a mediatrics , punishment or damnation are left hand paths along with the darker religions ! The Aeon of time and space through Intent and Abraxas and gnosis can allow a separate path !
The Father of The Univese neither destroys nor creates !

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
No, it's not.

Name one violent thing that Muslims do today that Christians never have done. They both have killed tons of innocent people in brutal fashion. If you don't see the parallels between modern extremist Islam and early/middle age Christianity, then you aren't looking. The only difference is Muslims use modern technology to kill.

Three points
1) That was 300+ years ago.
2) MOST (not all) christian violence was in response to persecution
3) We wouldn't be talking about this if islam ditched it 300 years ago, I'm alive now. what happened 300 years ago is irrelevant for purposes other than learning.

You aren't very good at making points. I already said it was 300 years ago. #2 is flat out false. Once Christianity was adopted by the Roman empire, the persecution all came from the Christians and persisted for over a thousand years. Read history. #3, oh you make the same point twice. LOL! If Christianity was ditched 1700 years ago, there is a good chance the native american genocide never happens along with the inquisition and tons upon tons of torture devices invented to painfully execute non believers and heretics.

The crusades were a defense of a culture against islamic attacks, but nice try. The inquisition killed 3k over a 10 year period. Muslims achieved that in one day (9/11). You'll have to be more specific about native americans. The US government was pretty genocidal towards them for some time, but that wasn't christianity even if it was christians. Prior to that, there were many wars with native americans. Wars aren't genocide.

You are made of excuses. Populations were much smaller back then and that doesn't excuse what happened. The crusades were far beyond just a defense. We're talking Muslim women and children getting chopped limb from limb. It's one thing to say it happened in the past, but it's completely different to play the victim and pretend like Christians were the victims during all those things. When people first came to America and explored the Appalachian trail, they murdered natives simply because they had never heard of Jesus. They literally cut off their arms and legs and then left them to die in agony, wouldn't even put them out of their misery. Those people were THAT disgusting and self righteous.

Yep. Are you seriously going to argue that christians today are guilty of crimes committed by people 300-1500 years ago? If so, the blood on the hands of the followers of islam has just increased exponentially. The sad thing is, you didn't even see that coming.

Straw man. I never argued that. I never said you blame Christian today. I said that Islam is going through a similar period to what Christians did in the past. What don't I see coming? Let me guess, Sharia coming to the US, everybody be AFRAID!!! Yeah, not buying that.

See, this is the problem with people like you and your false moral equivalency. Just a moment ago you were arguing that we Christians all have blood on our hands because of things that happened 300 years ago.

Again, I never said that. Please stop straw manning me.

Now you're saying current muslims get a pass for current violence by their fellows.I'm responsible for things that happened seven lifetimes before I was born, but muslims aren't responsible for things going on in their religion now. You've made yourself a logic pretzel, good luck getting out of it.

Another thing I never said. I said that extremists don't represent all of Islam. Yeah, you can't blame a peaceful Muslim for the actions of a violent terror group. I never blamed Christians today for the actions of extremists or past killing. I was comparing the history of the 2 religions. Islam has been around since 700 AD, which means it has existed for 1300 years. When Christianity was 1300 years old, they were doing many of the same things. Denying that is a bit silly.

I'm not even defending Islam here, just pointing out that extremist / fundamentalist interpretations of any religion is bad, no matter which religion does it.

Not really, at least not in islam
It's not even really extremism in islam. 25% of AMERICAN muslims believe it is acceptable to commit violence against people who offend islam by simply drawing a picture of islam. 20% of american muslims believe it is encourageable to commit violence to make shariah the law of the land.

25% is not a high number, in fact that supports my arguments. Please link the survey. I highly doubt they polled a large enough sample size to even make that determination.

The problem with islam is not extremism, it's that it is a violent ideology, not a religion. It is an ideology meant to infiltrate governments, control, and oppress. If you believe the same about judaism or christianity, please show me the jewish or christian equivalent of taqiyya.

Are you even serious? Read Leviticus. Non believers are commanded to be slayed. It's not just Islam. Like I said, Christianity is like aids and Islam is cancer. Islam is worse, but based on their histories both are bad.

It's sad enough that your entire previous argument centered around things that happened 300 years ago. Now you're referencing Leviticus, which was instituted in like 1400 bc (3500 years ago). Let me know when christians or jews start stoning people and throwing them off buildings for homosexuality or adultry in the present day. I'll condemn that too.

You are completely unable to follow a conversation. The person I responded to said that Jewish people were not likely to attack others or harm them, so I quoted the OLD TESTAMENT, which is their current holy book and referred to as the word of god.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
More bloody whataboutism
Sick of it

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Name one violent thing that Muslims do today that Christians never have done

Are you kidding me?

How about flying four hijacked aircraft into our World Trade Centers, the Pentagon and into a field.

When have Christians done that? I'll wait.

Fact is this... media give radical moslems cover while ignoring attacks on Christians and Jews. People are getting fed up and striking back on their own. When the system fails them in such a serious way, it is bound to happen. Tell you what, I'll start giving a # when the coverage gets fair. FYI... Muslems have killed far more innocent people in terror attacks since 01/2000 than any other group combined.
edit on 3/30/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
How about flying four hijacked aircraft into our World Trade Centers, the Pentagon and into a field.

When have Christians done that? I'll wait.

LOL, that is mass murder and Christians have done it plenty of times. I guess you really don't like reading people's posts before quote mining them. I clearly said right after that, that the only difference is that they use modern technology today to kill. How is that any different than what happened on the Appalachian trail the first time Europeans explored it, chopping off native american's arms and legs, murdering hundreds if not thousands of them because they had never heard of Jesus? What about a Christian ordering the firebombing and nuking Japan?

My point is that both have done bad things. I agree that Islamic extremism is a bigger problem today, I'm not arguing that.

Fact is this... media give radical moslems cover while ignoring attacks on Christians and Jews. People are getting fed up and striking back on their own. When the system fails them in such a serious way, it is bound to happen. Tell you what, I'll start giving a # when the coverage gets fair. FYI... Muslems have killed far more innocent people in terror attacks since 01/2000 than any other group combined.

There are tons of atrocities worldwide that do not get coverage. Unfortunately it's a sad fact of this world. There is so much going on you just can't cover it all. On average, a person gets murdered once a minute worldwide. And yeah, obviously somebody did report the story you are talking about or you wouldn't have known about it. The US media only cares about ratings and what sells.
edit on 3 31 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join