It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLOWSHARE and Underground facilities near Groom Lake/NNSS/TTR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
While reading about our nation's ever-interesting cold war era nuclear tests, I came across a program known as "Plowshare" that investigated the use of nuclear explosives for civil engineering purposes. From the Sedan crater to the many under ground shafts and tunnels into mountains, there have been dozens if not hundreds of sub-surface nuclear tests on the Nevada Test Site (now called: Nevada National Security Site)

This got me to thinking about how this ties in to alleged facilities such as S4 and various other alleged underground installations, specifically in the Groom Lake and vast Nevada Test Site area. Satellite images do not show large scale underground construction in these areas, but given the large number of mines, natural caves and man-made shafts/tunnels (under Plowshare) it is conceivable a lot of excavation could have been avoided by simply selecting a site where one of these tests took place.

My question is this: Has anybody heard reports of Plowshare being used specifically to remove Earth for underground facility construction? It need not be massive or complex, in fact, information available from Bob Lazar indicates the S4 facility (as an example) would have been rather compact vs. some sort of sprawling underground complex (like Mt. Weather, Site-R or Cheyenne Mountain)

Additionally, given the number of years passed since these detonations, it is safe to assume that limited exposure to the work site would mitigate any remaining radioactive dust - which would have likely half-lived out years ago. From Lazar's description, staff was at S-4 infrequently which would be another valid way of reducing radiation exposure. Keep in mind that Groom Lake has been exposed, dozens of time, to radioactive fallout including an intentional test involving the dispersal of Plutonium just North of Groom Lake (Project 57)

Just a thought I had while reading about Plowshare, and looking at some of the tunnels used for presumably waste-management purposes (Two of which were falsely labeled as "UFO hangers" by the Secure Team 10 account on You Tube)
edit on 3/16/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Gasbuggy was part of that.. and they where trying to free gas in the ground

Nuke fracking

aoghs.org...
edit on 16-3-2019 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

With nuclear tunnel boring machines and underground test sites you could make an excellent underground system of bases.

Nuclear Tunnel Boring Machines – Switzerland Has Nothing on US

This is a $13 million tunnel boring machine (TBM) used for tunneling at the Nevada Test Site. (Remember that Area 51 is part of the test site.) Many other types of TBMs are used by many government agencies, including the ‘nuclear powered TBM’ [NTBM] that melts solid rock and leaves behind glass-like walls.

edit on 16-3-2019 by LookingAtMars because: add

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Speaking of “Gasbuggy” reminds me of the single best explanation for so-called Cattle Mutilations I’ve heard. Not to be off-topic I hope because it directly relates to the OP’s questions. Written by Greg Valdez, son the late Gabe Valdez.

Dulce Base The Truth and Evidence From the Case Files of Gabe Valdez

After pouring over recently declassified documents, Gabe Valdez concluded that the federal government was using the Jicarilla Apache Nation to test environmental contamination caused by nuclear testing in the late 1960s.

Greg Valdez says this contamination was caused by an experiment known as "Project Gasbuggy" that took place 21 miles southwest of Dulce on Dec. 10, 1967. The project's goal was to identify peaceful uses for nuclear explosions, and it involved the detonation of a 29-kiloton device located 4,227 feet underground.

The intent was to release pockets of natural gas that could be used commercially.
Gasbuggy was carried out by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, the Lawrence Radiation Laboratory and the El Paso Natural Gas Company, according to the book.
While the device was successfully detonated and gas wells were drilled at the site, the gas was too radioactive for commercial use.

Greg Valdez said his father found out that the federal government conducted the cattle mutilations to determine the effects of radiation from Gasbuggy.

"They were testing the cattle to avoid panicking the public," he said. "They were also testing advanced aircraft from a nearby off-site air base. The aircraft was invisible and silent and used optic camouflage. The technology has since been declassified."

Greg Valdez alleges that several government agencies and military entities, such as the U.S. Air Force, were heavily involved in the cover-up. He says that the CIA and National Security Agency also became involved when Albuquerque businessman Paul Bennewitz discovered evidence of secret military projects on the Kirtland Air Force Base, which also had ties to Dulce.

To protect the secrecy of their operations, Gabe Valdez learned that the government started a disinformation campaign and encouraged rumors about UFOs and aliens, said Greg Valdez.

Link

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Very interesting, especially with the connections to Dulce. Thanks for sharing!

Dulce is actually the first facility that came to mind, but could not recall any testing taking place there so I moved on. I am fascinated to learn there was in fact testing in the area, and the explanation about Cattle mutilation and ET rumors makes a lot of sense

Really is something when the tid bits we do have start coming together

I listened to Gabe Valdez speak (on a video) and personally found him to be a credible speaker

The attacks on him and his reputation smacks of standard-policy government response to someone they believe has threatening information

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Excellent

That was another question that had popped up, was what kind of boring machines/technology would be available

If I am not mistaken, I once read these things may be able to penetrate up to 7 miles of rock per day

Appreciate you sharing that

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Gasbuggy was part of that.. and they where trying to free gas in the ground

Nuke fracking

aoghs.org...

Ah, Gasbuggy... I had forgotten about this venture entirely. In your opinion, does this increase the likelihood of some type of underground installation near Dulce, NM? One of the largest points of contention in regard to that facility is the lack of any obvious excavation effort

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The peaceful use of nuclear explosions was abandoned due to the radiation hazard. It's only been in the last few years that it became safe to visit the first site at White Sands and visitors still should be monitored. This is most likely due to the arid nature of the desert as both Hiroshima and Nagasaki were safe a few years after the war but get quite a bit of rain to wash away the dust.

There is some evidence that Bob Lazar wasn't full of BS. It's a wait and see. My best,

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

Thanks for the reply

I had thought the same RE: radiation, however it seems the Sedan crater was safe to enter fairly quickly

Within 7 months of the excavation, the bottom of the crater could be safely walked upon with no protective clothing and photographs were taken

web.archive.org...://www.iaea.org/Publications/Magazines/Bulletin/Bull113/11303580312.pdf

It is interesting to (as you note) compare the hazards of a dry/arid climate vs. somewhere with a lot of rainfall or other natural mechanisms of diluting the fallout

Thanks for the reply airforce47 Really makes us appreciate what the workers at Groom went through during active testing at NTS all in the name of developing high flyers to keep our nation safe from the USSR

new topics

top topics

join