It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Eddie Glaude Jr. Says ‘The Crisis Of Whiteness’ Is Causing Unimaginable Carnage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Personal responsibility of the past echoes into the future.

Yes, and we do this by identifying policies and working to reverse them where we can.

What you preach is just more racism.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Right, so I suppose the only acceptable answer then is white genocide? After all, we have to completely erase those grievous, grievous mistakes and if white people came up with them, then white people ought to pay the ultimate price and leave the rest of the world in peace?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

And when racism is based off historical dominance? That's literally what racism is, no - one is born a racist.

Also, I am not promoting racism, you're just using it against me because I am quoting truth against 'white people'.
want me to go on and on about Asian racism, because I can, it's easy. Khans, the Japanese Vrs Chinese?

But when you have instances of Eurocentric history, where Marco Polo is a solid reference of 'discovery the orient', world history is rather, 'whitewashed' don't you think?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

And when racism is based off historical dominance? That's literally what racism is, no - one is born a racist.

Also, I am not promoting racism, you're just using it against me because I am quoting truth against 'white people'.
want me to go on and on about Asian racism, because I can, it's easy. Khans, the Japanese Vrs Chinese?

But when you have instances of Eurocentric history, where Marco Polo is a solid reference of 'discovery the orient', world history is rather, 'whitewashed' don't you think?

My wife and child are Chinese. Wasnt even a little bit curious of Asian culture or history until Marco Polo on Netflix... is that bad?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Indeed, it is learned isn't it:

I'm getting dangerously close to holding up a mirror to your words so that you see just how racist you are.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yea, you're right. Marco Polo was a rather bad reference. But go back 50 some odd years and he he was referenced a lot. Either way, European history dominated and still does in today's world.

Just look at the backlash on Columbus and basically calling his 'name day' in the America's as a fraud. But 1492 is still an important date, but only because it's when Europeans documented it.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I'm a white guy. And I also don't believe in racism. If you're a jerk, that's who you are.

It just so happened that global colonialism / imperialism was historically driven by a European thing. Which just so happened to be majorly white people. Sorry.
edit on 18-3-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: highvein

The right does say white people are being attacked as part of their politics. That is bringing race into it.

Is it really a threat though? A few extremists blaming their woes on someone else?

I'm not sure why people on the right would say that when this professor's remarks are hardly an isolated example though.

The same reason I've seen on this very board white supremacy be downplayed.

It's a minority, and not a threat. To be honest I've agreed with that point many times. And I've also said in this very thread for the most point I don't see race as an issue.

But race is a talking point and an "issue" for both sides. You could say one side is more guilty, and both believes the other side to be the culprit.

At the end of the day for someone who don't like either side...at best, my bias says one side is baiting the other.

Hard to say who is worse if self proclaimed adults get baited to what they know is being pushed.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Well ok white guy. Spend a lot of time oppressing minorities these days do you?

Anything else you'd like to get off your white guilt chest?

Just because you're white doesn't mean you aren't perpetuating racism.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

"uh uh OK, YOU'RE THE RACIST!"

Basically your argument. Nice one.

I'm not perpetuating racism, I am just not ignoring history. If I study the archaeology of the slave trade and find it interesting does that make me a racist if I publish what I found?
You are literally doing something called picking and choosing, completely ignoring my main argument and diverting the conversation to make me look bad. How about, don't ignore history.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You look bad already in this conversation. Laying the sins of generations long dead at the feet of people alive today. All to satiate some very obvious white guilt.

It's easy to attack people based on something they cannot help (being white), isn't it? Make you feel good to hit that easy target, yeah?
edit on 19 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yeah...I think that is just to keep us busy. The real title should be:

‘The Crisis Of Green’ Is Causing Unimaginable Carnage..

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

All right, I tried the hysteria route because I thought that's where you were going. At least, that's what you looked like.

But please, enlighten us. You say you are white. You say you have actively caused all these problems simply by being white. How do you solve the problems? What do you do personally in your day to day life to atone for the sin of being born with less melanin in your skin than most other people on earth?

Clearly, that's your only issue, right? Because if Western civ is such an issue, you've disavowed it right? You're now living in a non-Western country and have adopted for yourself a non-Western culture which you life totally every day, right? That way, you are no longer part of the problem ... except for you lamentable lack of melanin, but hey, marry right and you might even atone for that one too in your children. Just make sure you raise them in that non-Western nation and culture and it's all good. You will have erased yourself in a generation.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You're bringing up a completely different subject from what my main argument is, and it's to understand that people who are born white are simply judged as being this certain, I dont know superior race above others. Like if you are white it automatically makes you a racist, or assumed you're a selfish person towards people of color.

Generational racism is more than just grand parents and parents spouting their rhetoric. It's the fact that for hundreds of years European history has whitewashed the books. Which indoctrinated future generations to make them look like they were the dominating force. But remember, history favors the victorious. And who has been at the forefront of being the victor in colonialism and imperialism. And weren't every nice about it when most of the European model was based off hamitic theory.

If you're born white, where does the assumptions and racism towards them derive from? Stereotypes don't just make themselves up. Not even 70 years ago black people in the most developed nation in the world couldn't even share the same water fountain, bathroom, or even vote. History of racism is runs deep, especially if its white people.

That's the point I'm getting across, it's not fair to be judged for past history, but it's also not fair to ignore what your ancestors did to cause this hate.
Ignoring it just makes it worse.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I think It's the way you're coming across. You're not offering a solution, you're offering to remember the hate.

You and I both know there's work to be done to reverse policy that is long-standing. What you call acknowledging history, to the objective person, is more of an attack. What you're actually saying is that hatred of white people is justified. Therefore, white people complaining about being treated in a racist fashion is unjustified as the treatment is well deserved.

It isn't. My kids, who are white, didn't do anything to anyone. I'm Cuban and my wife is Irish. I was born in Costa Rica, but grew up mostly in the US. I can't justify looking my kids in the face and assigning guilt to them based on something that happened long before any of us existed, and I will not put that at their feet. White guilt isn't a problem solving skill, empathy is.

What I can do is educate them and tell them about the policies that were reversed and those yet to be. I have written extensively on race and its history in the United States. I have identified policies and practices that require repeal or reversal and have worked toward those ends.

What you are doing is shouting down whitey and feeling good about yourself for it. NOT good enough. Let me know when you have both identified a problem and stopped complaining about it long enough to offer a solution rather than justifying hate and retribution.
edit on 19 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I understand what you'r saying.

But I was attempting to find the origins of the issue, and was met with a lot of negativity and basically outright denying the facts. Every social issue needs to be understood, where it has it's beginnings in order to find the solution. Which I never really got a chance to touch on while defending my theory.

The origins are quite clear, especially situations as prominent in the US with the black citizens and communities. It's pretty easy to determine that racism against white people in that situation is from America's history from slave trade to segregation, and even in today's world. But it goes much deeper, which is why I mentioned colonialism and used it as a prime example, especially Rwanda.

Since I basically thought of this idea while reading some thoughts in this thread. My solution is leaning towards unbiased historical documentation and teaching. Start with that, at the same time bringing light to kids about the injustices people have faced throughout history. I never learned much about it in school, my parents never really touched on the issues. I found out myself that European nations were basically, well jerks to the whole world.

I am not attacking white people, hell I can go off on rants about any ethnicity for their short comings, especially Asians, brutal against each other, especially China against Japan, they revised history even to this day. Which sort of supports my theory regarding colonialism even more.

But, I am simply attempting to figure out the origins as to WHY racism against white people exist. The amount of times I see people yelling white privilege and white supremacy, etc, etc. is over whelming at times. But where does it stem from? And my theory was simple, just look at history.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: M5xaz

History doesnt lie. Eurocentric history dominates modern classroom and rhetoric. It just so happens majority of Europe was white colored skin people.
And at the same time colonialism was dominated by Europeans. Can you not critically think to see what I'm getting at?

Yes.
History shows European created the modern world but you are deeply butthurt by it and desperate to find them or some other group responsible for TODAY's violence among your social group.

Stick to hammers and nails.
In a short while, it's gonna be real funny watching you boiling over in anger at your supervisor engineer/architects; they will all no doubt all be impressed with your "mind"....ROFL....
edit on 19-3-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

But here's the thing -- if history were still being whitewashed, no one would know anything other than the versions of history that used to be taught. The fact that we know history used to be whitewashed should go a long toward telling you that we do, in fact, have a far more accurate version of history being taught than we used to.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly.
And it is slowly transitioning. Which is good. But it still doesnt change the fact of where anti white rhetoric originates from, which is still very much alive today.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join