It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Eddie Glaude Jr. Says ‘The Crisis Of Whiteness’ Is Causing Unimaginable Carnage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

How did the Belgians become to power in Rwanda?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
College professors be stupid thes days....

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Someone should post the population of whites in comparison to crime?

Because i remember reading a logical article that showed its actually a very small population of people in the u.s. who commit the most crime.

Very scary statistic

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Racism is the single most solvable, preventable, and easily moved passed garbage in the world.

Remember the past. Forgive the past. Prevent the repeatable.

The problem with the racists and racism, is that they are incapable of forgiveness. To forgive is not to forget.

Get over it, realize that half the #ing country gave their lives to end slavery and oppression.

And #ing forgive already. To forgive isn't to forget.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I see both sides use the same tactics. Both are so blinded by their ideology they don't even notice it.

Hyperbole when the opponent does it, and saying the truth when they do it.

Both sides are blatantly racist? No, you are wrong. You are just afraid, as in you do not have the courage to stand up to racism when it's not popular to do so.

Defending WHITES from RACISM??? Who DOES That? Am I right?!

When confronted with this uncomfortable situation, you chose to make some vague, worthless off topic comment about "hyperbole" (so woke!)

"both sides use the same tactics" uh, yeah, perhaps they do that sometimes, but this thread is actually about something else. try to pay attention.

it looks really weak, in my opinion, for you to start talking about these vague platitudes...like you dont have the guts to take a stance on the issue.

You can't just come out and say this is wrong? You have to somehow shift some blame to the other side and make it sound like everyone is responsible, and nobody is to blame.

You know damn well if this was the other way around youd be calling the white supremacist a Nazi rather than talking about this "both sides are doing it" nonsense.

Open your damn eyeballs for gods sakes man.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I see white people complain about Muslims all the time.

Look at all the threads, look at some people even saying they aren't sad about the massacre.

While that isn't a race, it's a group and people feel the same about race/religion.

I don't judge the many of a few, so I don't think all whites are guilty... But some are, so that's why I said it.

Sorry you're offended by the truth pal.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So nice when some ivory tower dwelling product of affirmitive action tells me my skin pigment is toxic.

If I was another race we'd have a civil suit on our hands. But I'm white.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Where do my rights end and your rights begin? Why shouldn't I have the freedom of association?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

How did the Belgians become to power in Rwanda?

Has Nothing to do with the day to day actions of people.

It's like saying if you punch a Brit today it's because of the American Revolution in 1776.

Simply ridiculous, like the premise of Prof Moron.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Colonization has absolutely nothing to do with day to day social aspects of the lives those people oppressed? I think you're trying to revise history here to make it sound nicer than it actually was. And you're victim blaming. The french were a direct fault of what happened in vietnam, the British were a direct cause for the American revolution. The Belgians didnt belong in Rwanda, they were a direct cause of unrest there as well and stirred the pot more than it should have.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Colonization has absolutely nothing to do with day to day social aspects of the lives those people oppressed? I think you're trying to revise history here to make it sound nicer than it actually was. And you're victim blaming. The french were a direct fault of what happened in vietnam, the British were a direct cause for the American revolution. The Belgians didnt belong in Rwanda, they were a direct cause of unrest there as well and stirred the pot more than it should have.

Colonization ended decades ago and has NO impact on day to day lives, the same way that TODAY the Vietnamese
(to use your OWN your example) are non-violent nor do they blame whatever violence may be in their society on the French, the Americans or whatever.

YOU on the other hand support Prof. Glaude's RACIST anti-white drivel, among so many other that go so far as to call for genocide of whites ( see BLF in South Africa).

Yep, you are both a seemingly a racist and someone that supports genocide.

Gross.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You're playing the excuses game. Go read a damn book about how Colonization echoed through into the mid 19th century.

Here I'll get you started.

The Tutsi and Hutu were TWO separate tribes, one was more agriculture driven, the other more cattle herding. They had separate understanding of one another and did get along, the obvious happen, little bouts here and there. But they had a trade system set in place. This was before pre colonization of the Germans, who basically just walked in and said "this is ours now", and setup all sorts of infrastructure from slavery to mining and exploration. Hardly a prescience was made, but the fact stands, again some random European nation just staked a claim. Holding to my original statement that EUROCENTRIC CONTROL over other other nations was the dominating force around the world.

When the Belgians took over in 1919, that's when things got bad, and they started to force things that were similar to feudalistic systems. And did this:

Even though Rwanda had been placed under the Germans during the Berlin Conference in 1889, [24] colonial practices had not begun in Rwanda till she was placed under the Belgians in 1919. [25] The Belgians chose the Tutsis to rule over Hutus. One must understand that the Belgians choice of Tutsis rule, over the Hutus was not a result of the monarchial state of Rwanda present at the time; a racial ideology namely the Hamitic theory was behind this decision.

The Belgians left because of the literal failed state of attempting to control the people and placing one tribe above the other and this happened:

The key factor in knowing how the Belgians influenced the genocide is to understand what they did right before they left Rwanda. An incident in 1959 involving members of the Tutsi army attacking a Hutu political leader caused riots leading to fights between the two tribes. The Hutus however were more than the Tutsis and because of fear of further coups, the Belgians transferred power from the Tutsis to the Hutus.

But, but the Belgians didn't have a direct influence on the Rwanda genocide. Stop revising history, European nations colonization of places they had no idea what they were getting themselves into to assert colonial power and European dominance caused a huge stir in global affairs around the world.

www.ukessays.com...

www.pbs.org...

Stop playing "white people are the victims in today's world". Well maybe white nations shouldn't have gone off and stirred and meddled and initialed their dominance over 'inferior' peoples.

The Rwandan genocide happened less than 30 years after the Belgians left. The Vietnam civil war happened almost right after the French left. The American civil war literally happened as soon as the Confederates based their exiting of the union to uphold slavery. Literally, white supremacy.

I am not siding with this professor, but I am attempting to put things into perspective here. Why are people yelling 'white privileged' and 'white supremacy' and white, this and that. LOOK AT HISTORY.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So it an issue of BOTH sides when the left says it?

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yep.

Butt-hurt, irrational libtard out for racial revenge, just spewing the venom from his professors.

I am sorry but the carnage in Rwanda was caused by the Rwandans themselves, not by ghosts from 50 years prior- FACT!
In the 1990s BELGIAN UN TROOPS DIED TRYING TO PREVENT THAT GENOCIDE- but you keep ignoring this.

Frenchmen are not out beating Germans despite WW2. Neither do Jews. Grow up .

Learn true critical thinking.

With respect to "What Whiteness causes", whites gave you everything you have, starting with the alphabet, English, the keyboard, modern science, modern medicine, the computer, Physics, Math. Even you video game character. Keep right on "culturally appropriating"

With respect to education, call me when you get a Master degree in Engineering ( but you can't so you won't..)
edit on 18-3-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

True colors come out when backed into a corner I see.

Sorry to break it to you, but I am a tradesman, challenged my test to become a journeyman, I never went to liberal school. Truth sucks doesnt it?
You can stop with your whataboutism and deflection fallacies.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

True colors come out when backed into a corner I see.

Sorry to break it to you, but I am a tradesman, challenged my test to become a journeyman, I never went to liberal school. Truth sucks doesnt it?
You can stop with your whataboutism and deflection fallacies.

The deflection from facts are yours, sport !

I wish harm or ill will to NO ONE, be they Frenchman, Belgian, German, Rwandan or whatever.

I do not blame any one race or group for anything.

YOU on the other hand support Glaude's racist ‘The Crisis Of Whiteness’ Is Causing Unimaginable Carnage" drivel. The racist colors showing are YOURS.

Stick to hammers and nails; anything else is clearly above your abilities.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

History doesnt lie. Eurocentric history dominates modern classroom and rhetoric. It just so happens majority of Europe was white colored skin people.
And at the same time colonialism was dominated by Europeans. Can you not critically think to see what I'm getting at?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Why are people yelling 'white privileged' and 'white supremacy' and white, this and that. LOOK AT HISTORY.

This has been the oldest excuse to continue hatred long dead.

No one is ever responsible for their own actions. Except for white people they are responsible for their own actions and the actions of others because of their toxic whiteness. Edit: Don't forget responsible for the actions of those long dead.

Look at history, you say. But what did you learn?

To repeat it? We all know this one already. Tell us all something we don't know.
edit on 18 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: highvein

The right does say white people are being attacked as part of their politics. That is bringing race into it.

Is it really a threat though? A few extremists blaming their woes on someone else?

I'm not sure why people on the right would say that when this professor's remarks are hardly an isolated example though.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Personal responsibility of the past echoes into the future.

Mao's victory in the Chinese civil war had a major impact on today's world. As a atrocious and horrible it was, the Chinese are now a global economic force.

Lincolns rhetoric of keeping the union intact no matter what the initial cause created the USA as we see it today.

The French revolution, American revolution, Martin Luther, all turning points in history. They didn't echo into the future we live in?

Colonialism had the biggest impact on the world ever until WW2, and it still continued well after, and it's generational hate continued with it. History literally is the answer to why 'white people' are blamed for so much in today's world.

Hell, just look at 1492, it's used as historical reference point, EUROPEAN!

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join