It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Eddie Glaude Jr. Says ‘The Crisis Of Whiteness’ Is Causing Unimaginable Carnage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

"The problem is not the people of color. It is not us. It has something to do with the crisis of whiteness and how it is generating unimaginable carnage."

I see.

So, how does magic Professor Einstein explain, say, Rwanda ?
Ummm,no ?
OK, how about Liberia ?

Zimbabwe then ?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Rwanada and its genocide are an almost direct result of a movement from hutus, anti colonization and anti tutsi. White people were directly involved. Belgians.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Rwanada and its genocide are an almost direct result of a movement from hutus, anti colonization and anti tutsi. White people were directly involved. Belgians.

Selective history.
Belgian UN Troops were KILLED trying to stand in the way of this genocide.

To try to blame this on historical colonialism is to spit on the memory of those dead soldiers.

The source of the conflict is the historical hate between Tutsis and Hutus which predate the arrival of Europeans.

But hey, let's blame whitey....

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This thread is a PERFECT example of exactly what I was talking about in The White People Problem thread. The double standard here is just as racist, but it isn't shouted down. Retribution is the name of the game.

Hmmm what usually happens through out history when a society begins to marginalize a group of people and make it ok to do things to thm.....

(taps desk)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

So you don't blame situations like the French and Vietnam?

The Belgians chose a certain 'side' over another because one was more privileged and politically powerful to gain colonization rights. Why would you go into a nation, and in this case, was just basically handed to you from EUROPEAN WHITE POWERS, and feed the hatred between two peoples even more?

In today's world blaming old imperialism and colonization is just an excuse in my books. But European dominance was a thing, and you cannot deny it. It just so happened it was white skin colored people, and that mentality clearly stuck for a while, American civil war? British slave trade? Dividing up Africa by not even invading or setting foot in it's lands?
An imaginary line between South America?

That sort of dominance doesn't just 'poof' go away, it's ingrained into history.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

"The problem is not the people of color. It is not us. It has something to do with the crisis of whiteness and how it is generating unimaginable carnage."

I see.

So, how does magic Professor Einstein explain, say, Rwanda ?
Ummm,no ?
OK, how about Liberia ?

Zimbabwe then ?

Or Maoism, pol pot, ghengis khan, the Assyrians, Ottoman Empire, North African slave trade, Aztec imperialists, Incan imperialists, Navaho taking over four corners after invading from northeast, etc ad infinitum.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Are white people to blame for imperial japan colonizing and terrorizing china? You know, like the rape of Nanking?

What about Aztecs conquering almost all neighboring tribes, and expecting tribute in the form of human sacrifice, all before Europeans arrived?

Obviously the historical record shows this isn’t just white people or “whiteness.”
a reply to: strongfp

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So you don't blame situations like the French and Vietnam?

The Belgians chose a certain 'side' over another because one was more privileged and politically powerful to gain colonization rights. Why would you go into a nation, and in this case, was just basically handed to you from EUROPEAN WHITE POWERS, and feed the hatred between two peoples even more?

In today's world blaming old imperialism and colonization is just an excuse in my books. But European dominance was a thing, and you cannot deny it. It just so happened it was white skin colored people, and that mentality clearly stuck for a while, American civil war? British slave trade? Dividing up Africa by not even invading or setting foot in it's lands?
An imaginary line between South America?

That sort of dominance doesn't just 'poof' go away, it's ingrained into history.

Read slower.

The hatred between Hutus and Tutsis predate the arrival of the Europeans.
Predate
Google the word

As other posters have pointed out, other cultures were unbelievably brutal before the arrival of the Europeans.
Look up slavery and human sacrifice of the Aztecs, for example.
Scalping of opponents was also a thing before the arrival of Europeans.

Or, are you trying to support Prof Airhead's fact free theory....facts be damned...

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

That's not the point.

Eurocentric history dominates on this planet, well it did for most of the 19th and 20th century. I already addressed that.

You are bringing up subjects that yes, are true, but not the subject at hand. Why are people blaming 'white people' in today's world so much? I am truly intrigued, and my theory is that history can easily explain why. I gave prime examples. Ignore them tho, just go off on deflection rants.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

And did the Hutu or Tutsi tribes go off on world domination? Or did the European nations?

I think you're missing the point here. Old hatreds of geographical locations happen, yes. But why did the Belgians need to go in there and make it worse or claim ownership of those lands?
edit on 15-3-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No, that could never happen. Modern world and what not, haven't you heard? We've "evolved". Don't need a gun or nothing.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

How about ww2 how many "white people" killed each other? Perhaps it's human nature to kill each other, no matter what we will find a reason to hate each other

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No, that could never happen. Modern world and what not, haven't you heard? We've "evolved". Don't need a gun or nothing.

Whew..... Thank goodness! My anxiety was kicking up....

On a side note it's a good thing all my guns went down in that boating accident that was landed on by a jet liner

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

What's sad is that it's "human nature" to label everyone based on skin color or ethnicity. Every person on this planet is designed the same way...bone, flesh and blood. The 'elephant in the room' is evil, which some people ignore, much like many who scoff at the notion of the existence of a Heavenly Creator. Evil doesn't discriminate and could care less what color your skin is, or what religion, if any, you believe in.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It's to leave Earth with a specific white race, that's the plan here.

And the only nation which can get away with it, is.....you know the nation, right?

Not good, at all

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Which is why I put "white people" in quotation marks, as I was replying to someone who was pointing out other people's killing each other, my point being we would find a reason to kill each other even if we looked all alike. I am afraid it could be human nature to fight each other, whether you are multi cultural or all the same.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Human nature is not to hurt or kill people, that is a myth, instigated by those who want wars, and death, to be thought of as 'human nature'.

Nobody goes to war, and kills people they don't even know, and allows himself to be killed, by the people he doesn't know...because it's 'human nature'. Not a chance.

War is created, an enemy is created, and it is all an illusion. That's why we go to wars, to fight a phantom enemy threat.

And they keep on saying that it's just 'human nature', and they laugh, at how utterly stupid, and naive, we all are, to believe that crap!

Use your brain, it's there for a very good reason.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
War today is very different than any wars we knew of before. This war is here, enemies are here, but nobody knows where they might appear, or when, or who they are. Terrorists are nearby, but who knows where, or who, the terrorists are?

A fear of the unknown enemy, it might be your neighbor, it might be anyone at all, who knows?

After 9/11, the terrorists were the enemy. And they moved next door, how did our great leaders allow for that? They aren't terrorists, they're just trying to make a new life for themselves, their country is in ruins from war! And they are nice people, so it's nice to help them out, right? Sure, but some are bad people, and they are here, too. Don't worry, our government will find out who is bad, or not bad! Please protect us all, o great leaders!

It's going to get worse, that's for sure, so enjoy it while you still can!

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
To a degree it did, yes.

I think there is more to the resentment than just ‘recency bias.’ I suspect some of it is engineered for division.
a reply to: strongfp

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

And did the Hutu or Tutsi tribes go off on world domination? Or did the European nations?

I think you're missing the point here. Old hatreds of geographical locations happen, yes. But why did the Belgians need to go in there and make it worse or claim ownership of those lands?

Hmm, Nope.

You are the one missing the point.
Prof Dingbat was trying to state that only white people do this, "not us".
Wrong.

Black people do it, do it more, and more savagely as proven by history in places like Rwanda.
Sorry.
Facts and history is what it is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join