It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Eddie Glaude Jr. Says ‘The Crisis Of Whiteness’ Is Causing Unimaginable Carnage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
The existence of this thread proves his point.

You feel like you're having a crisis because you're white.

How long before you act upon that 'perceived' problem and walk into a place full of minorities and start killing them?

He mentioned nothing about a race war, but you did.

Is that the lenght you're willing to go becuse of your 'crisis'?

Wow, that is quite a leap there.

Most people aren’t killers and most people don’t care about race. Only politicians and bigots care about race. Which are you?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I think I have learned enough from my time on the left to comment in a similar fashion to how they respond when the opposite occurs.

Puts on my dunce cap...

We need to remember the real victims of this tragedy, the white people, gun owners, and Christians who will face the inevitable back lash.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hey, I respect your opinion, but it's NOT hyperbole. BOTH sides, sadly, actually believe their racist comments. My biggest gripe, though, is the hypocrisy on the Left. Why don't they publicly call it out when they commit acts of racism to fit their cause, yet demand the Right to be immediately censored and disciplined for it?

edit on 3/15/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Illegal aliens isn't about race. There are different races that are illegal.
I would like to see his stats about how often Republicans and Democrats bring up race.

The term racist is used by the left for just about everything, so would you not say that is a form of using color/race as part of their agendas on a wide scale?

edit on 15-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I was speaking more broadly than race.

You literally said this.

Personally I think race is touted too much on both sides.

White privalege vs Muslim extremists

Only one of those is based on race. The other is a religion. They don't equate to each other.

So some some ideological professor said white people are a problem, who cares?

I don't think him saying it is a bad thing. It opens up dialogue, if he is willing to listen as well.

Do you feel oppressed by this?

That is a weird thing to ask. Why would I? I think it is worthy of discussion though. Do you?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Hey, I respect your opinion, but it's NOT hyperbole. BOTH sides, sadly, actually believe their racist comments. My biggest gripe, though, is the hypocrisy on the Left. Why don't they publicly call it out when they commit acts of racism to fit their cause, yet demand the Right to be immediately censored and disciplined for it?

I agree with you they're extremely hypothetical.

They whine about racist but have no problem discriminating against white people as far as it's fine in their realm to make blanket statements against whites.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Paying professors like this is a huge waste of money. Nothing but division in these people.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Illegal aliens isn't about race. There are different races that are illegal.
I would like to see his stats about how often Republicans and Democrats bring up race.

The term racist is used by the left for just about everything, so would you not say that is a form of using color/race as part of their agendas on a wide scale?

Yes the left seem to use race a lot more than the right.

That is the reason I wanted to know what information he used to come to his conclusion that both parties use race in their propaganda equally.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ok this might be hard to explain without someone thinking it's racist (like just about everything these days) I think it is possible that white man (if I should be so bold to make such a sweeping generalization) and Western culture in general is in fear of it's shrinking role in world politics thanks to a number of factors and the number 1 being the fact that white people are reproducing at a far lower level than people of color. White people that are reproducing are doing so with POC at a rate unheard of in modern times further reducing the "white population" This is in my opinion causing some white people to feel their backs are against the wall and perceiving (valid or not) injustices towards their populations. The world could be becoming a version of that John Travolta movie where white people were the minority and "oppressed" group of people in the u.s.

I hope you guys don't take what I just said in the wrong way, some of the things I mentioned maybe should worry "white people" but I believe like it or not the future is going to become a global multi cultural society and I'm sure there will be some hiccups along the way, can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Substitute Eddie for Hitler and substitute whiteness for jewness - then reread.

Same dog, different leg action.

No surprise. Democrats had the same ideology when they founded the KKK, they just based their main target on blacks and Jews.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

That is the reason I wanted to know what information he used to come to his conclusion that both parties use race in their propaganda equally.

I don't think he can come up with any statistics, but if he just looked at left leaning posts, left leaning educational platforms, left leaning groups, left leaning political statements the vast majority will use race/color as an agenda, and that will be hard for him to match to the right.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

The right does say white people are being attacked as part of their politics. That is bringing race into it.

Is it really a threat though? A few extremists blaming their woes on someone else?
edit on 15-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

I hope you guys don't take what I just said in the wrong way, some of the things I mentioned maybe should worry "white people" but I believe like it or not the future is going to become a global multi cultural society and I'm sure there will be some hiccups along the way, can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs.

When you look at the professional world color disappears and performance/skills/capabilities replace it. To not hire the best because of race or color is just limiting your company and strengthening your competition, and so have fun with that if that is what a company does.

Color/race is seen more as an issue with the ignorant and that is why political groups use it to prey on them. In many cases "worry" is because of personal failures that people want to blame something else for what they personally caused. Failed white people might become supremacist to make up for their failures and failed black people will blame the "man" and hate whitey for all that is wrong in their life, and people that do not do very well in life because of poor life decisions are spread across all color or race, and they also vote...

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: highvein

The right does say white people are being attacked as part of their politics. That is bringing race into it.

Is it really a threat though? A few extremists blaming their woes on someone else?

Depends on whether it is reactionary or the initial act doesn't it. Much of the right is reactionary to something started on the left. Take the MAGA hat as example... Who created the racist meme attached to it, but then to say some white person complaining about the racist meme is also using race I think is not correct.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Isn't that their folly though?

Identity politics are having them eat their own.

So is it really a threat that some of their base is bitching white people are the problem is just but a smorgasbord of ununifying platform talking points?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The right are saying that because it is true. They did not bring it up, they are defending it from the left that brought it up.

I think that it is a division tactic by the left. It is a common theme now. It is almost a daily MSM talking point. Left unchecked and called out for what it is, it can become very dangerous. Just as the killer in NZ. Those poor people were not hurting anyone, and his hate of who they are led to that moment, and it cannot be undone.

Maybe one day people will understand. It is not white hate, black hate, brown hate, or yellow hate, it is only hate. Hate doesn't have a color.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yeah it’s ahistorical and hateful. Are there white people and groups who have done terrible things and are hateful? Absolutely. They should be condemned.

But there are also non white individuals, orgs, and countries that have done horrible things and are hateful, fanatical, you name it.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It’s not just politics though. It’s academia and most justice/community orientated NGOs/gov agencies. I know because I work in them.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Usually those folks are so blinded though that their response is “it’s not the same because of the weight of history regarding minorities, white privilege, and institutionalized racism.” That’s basically the response to all such criticism.
a reply to: Sublimecraft

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Just look at any form of history text and it's literally Eurocentric. Everything that revolved around mainstream history revolved around some European nation, now, of course Europe was the dominant mechanism of planet earth at the time of 'exploration' and it just so happened the population was, well, majorly white.

The nations that navigated the earth and later colonized it and fought over those lands were mainly white.
I think what we are seeing now days is the last grasp of that age. I mean, the city I work in has a population of maybe 570,000, it's a rather old city in Canadian terms, but it has a statue of Queen Victoria... why?

From a history standpoint white nations have been dominant all over this planet, and people are looking to blame them for, basically everything. The same thing happened to Rome, when it fell everyone blamed the 'dark ages' on either those damn Roman Christians or Roman Catholics, which spiraled Europe into chaos. It wasn't the Romans fault, it was the people just not accepting times change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join