It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat 2020 Candidate Beto O’Rourke Wrote Fiction Piece About Running His Car Over Children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Can I get one person from the ,"It's just fiction" camp to make a statement to clarify?

Like:

"If a person tells a first person story about gleefully running over kids, I don't think that reflects on his character, but if he writes about ________, I think he is not right in the head."

I'm just asking. Is there a line in your world? If so, what is it and why would be great too.

I bet Beto could get through two pages on a forum without mentioning child rape multiple times and trying to use it a a bludgeon against opinions he disagrees with.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Can I get one person from the ,"It's just fiction" camp to make a statement to clarify?

Like:

"If a person tells a first person story about gleefully running over kids, I don't think that reflects on his character, but if he writes about ________, I think he is not right in the head."

I'm just asking. Is there a line in your world? If so, what is it and why would be great too.

I bet Beto could get through two pages on a forum without mentioning child rape multiple times and trying to use it a a bludgeon against opinions he disagrees with.

Clearly you misunderstand. I thought I spelled it out that it was a litmus test to see if ,"It's just fiction" has no bounds. If one is acceptable and the other not, why? They would both be fiction. They are both equally heinous acts on a child.

Or are you implying that intentionally running over a couple of kids in glee is somehow better and less bad than rape?

The only inference I can glean is that people are not comfortable with one, but are with the other, but nobody will come out and say that. If it is so, where is the line when "It's only fiction" doesn't apply? And why were you able to quote my question and not even fill in a blank or declare that there is no line.
edit on 15-3-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

As long as the bible is still allowed, which is probably the most dangerous and violent piece of fiction...

This was obviously a description about how he is longing for the lost innocence and hapiness of childhood and the brutality with which life forces us to grow up.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So all of you saying ," It's just fiction", I am genuinely curious. Would you draw the line if someone told a first person story about raping kids? If so, why draw lines if it is ,"Just fiction"?

I am not just trying to make a point, I am wondering where the line is, and why it should be different, as I see them both as equivalently heinous acts. Help me understand this ,"It's just fiction" stance.

this one shark who kills this pretty young girl, wasn't he white? and later on he eats this boy playing in the water. spielberg is a pervert! ever watched family guy or south park? ever heard of 'battle royal' were all this kids has to kill each other to survive. most successful japanese book ever i think. lord of the flies? the bible? ever read a book?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Battle Royale is awesome

good call

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: oloufo

Battle Royale is awesome

good call

(: the movie is pretty good too!

edit on 15-3-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I am sure you are just as disgusted by Trump when he talks about his daughters.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Didn't this guy got caught drunk driving and tried to flee from the scene?

Yep - and still lies about it. Sounds like he was acting out his fantasy. He acts like a crazed lunatic.. he'll be funny to watch in the debates this summer.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

“My dream was abruptly ended when I heard a loud banging on the front window. It was an old man, who was using his cane to awaken me. He might have been a witness to my act of love. I was not sure, nor did I care. It was simply ecstasy. As I drove home, I envisioned myself committing more of these 'acts of love,' and after a while, I had no trouble carrying them out. The more people I killed, the longer my dreams were. ... I had killed nearly 38 people by the time of my twenty-third birthday, and each one was more fulfilling than the last.”

I find that quote from his story the most disturbing.

It's hard to say what led him to write that. It could just be he was going for shock value, or it could be the first signs of him being a sociopath which generally happens around that age from what I've read.

No, this is not like King, not at all.

It's not like King. It's garbage and it's mild compared to some King themes. King has children engaging in sex, incest, sadism, and many many gory murders. Beto is a simpleton who wrote a poorly conceived piece in first person which is usually where all writers are told to start for lack of skill.

I think his political ideas are much more dangerous than his crappy writing.

I don't have a clue what his political idea's are to be honest.

His campaign site.

It's just a store, a way to apply for a job and nothing at all about issues.
edit on 3/15/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Like:

Clearly you misunderstand. I thought I spelled it out that it was a litmus test to see if ,"It's just fiction" has no bounds. If one is acceptable and the other not, why? They would both be fiction. They are both equally heinous acts on a child.

Or are you implying that intentionally running over a couple of kids in glee is somehow better and less bad than rape?

The only inference I can glean is that people are not comfortable with one, but are with the other, but nobody will come out and say that. If it is so, where is the line when "It's only fiction" doesn't apply? And why were you able to quote my question and not even fill in a blank or declare that there is no line.

I guess I did misunderstand. I was under the impression the thread was about something Beto wrote and not some hypothetical that is completely irrelevant. The only inference you should glean from it is that I won't be manipulated with virtue signaling to answer a question about what if. I've watched Game of Thrones and I have no issue with it. There's plenty of messed up stuff going on there.

Let's save the moral superiority for when somebody is actually harming children not for when horseface wanna-be presidential hopefuls write bad fiction.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Might not be as "fictitious" as many may *think* 😄

Beto O'Rourke arrested in 1990s for burglary and DWI

A DUI arrest in his youth?
I seem to remember the Left VERY concerned about SC Justice Kavenaugh's college drinking indicating it made him unfit for such an important office.

I'm not really hearing them saying that about Beto's drunk driving.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Beto is toast already, LOL.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: IAMTAT

Beto is toast already, LOL.

He's also a white male...so he represents all of the evil in the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

“My dream was abruptly ended when I heard a loud banging on the front window. It was an old man, who was using his cane to awaken me. He might have been a witness to my act of love. I was not sure, nor did I care. It was simply ecstasy. As I drove home, I envisioned myself committing more of these 'acts of love,' and after a while, I had no trouble carrying them out. The more people I killed, the longer my dreams were. ... I had killed nearly 38 people by the time of my twenty-third birthday, and each one was more fulfilling than the last.”

I find that quote from his story the most disturbing.

It's hard to say what led him to write that. It could just be he was going for shock value, or it could be the first signs of him being a sociopath which generally happens around that age from what I've read.

No, this is not like King, not at all.

It's not like King. It's garbage and it's mild compared to some King themes. King has children engaging in sex, incest, sadism, and many many gory murders. Beto is a simpleton who wrote a poorly conceived piece in first person which is usually where all writers are told to start for lack of skill.

I think his political ideas are much more dangerous than his crappy writing.

I don't have a clue what his political idea's are to be honest.

His campaign site.

It's just a store, a way to apply for a job and nothing at all about issues.

I suspect you have that in common. I doubt he knows what his political ideas are until somebody tells him. Everything I see about him screams I'll do whatever you want as long as you like me. Those are scary people to have in office.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Don't watch television ever. You might have a breakdown.

Seriously get a grip man, it's fiction. I'm a fan of horror... This is weak compared to some of the stuff out there, seems his writing was effective since you're losing it over a piece of fiction.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Democrat 2020 Candidate Beto O’Rourke Wrote Fiction Piece About Running His Car Over Children

Sanders likes rape fantasies.

Beto likes running over kids.

What the EFF is up with democrats?

Pure effing evil.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The Epoch Times

This is part of a Reuters-published profile on O’Rourke published March 15. These are words Beto actually wrote.

“One day, as I was driving home from work, I noticed two children crossing the street. They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles,” O’Rourke wrote. “This happiness was mine by right. I had earned it in my dreams.”

“As I neared the young ones, I put all my weight on my right foot, keeping the accelerator pedal on the floor until I heard the crashing of the two children on the hood, and then the sharp cry of pain from one of the two. I was so fascinated for a moment, that when after I had stopped my vehicle, I just sat in a daze, sweet visions filling my head.”

I simply don't care that this is "fiction". Anyone who could come up with this stuff is not right in the head by wide margin. Hopefully, the left that loves this guy and his ilk will come to their senses.

Anyone who makes an excuse for this kind of writing or thinking is also clearly defective. This should only bring condemnation. Anybody out there care to excuse him, or can we all agree he is a scary nut job?

he's also one of the hackers of a hacker group that hacked some facility..

which is on your daily feed on your smart phone ..

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Beto O'Rourke...aka 'Psychedelic Warlord'...was, not only part of the original hacker group 'Cult of The Dead Cow'...but was a poet, as well.

WARNING: AOC (and others) may object to Beto's erotic approach towards celebrating cows.

A poem by Beto:
pbs.twimg.com...

www.reuters.com...
bigleaguepolitics.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I simply don't care that this is "fiction". Anyone who could come up with this stuff is not right in the head by wide margin.

Many times truth is veiled in "fiction".

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There's already a line. It's called "fiction" and it is protected by tradition, history and the First Amendment.

But rock on, little dude. Fake outrage is fake engagement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join