It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat 2020 Candidate Beto O’Rourke Wrote Fiction Piece About Running His Car Over Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadBird
a reply to: Halfswede

Ok..here we go :

Fiction, noun : something feigned, invented, or imagined; a made-up story.

How is this a case against someone? Please, for the love of Ra, explain that.

You've made it abundantly clear that you are OK with this. I have given you a chance to claim otherwise, but if that is your point then fair enough. You are OK with a guy writing a first person account (albeit fiction) about happily running over kids. Your stance tells all I need to know. You seem to feel superior about it as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
One of the main differences between how King writes and this piece from O'Rourke is that King does not generally write in the first person.

The fact the O'Rourke wrote his 'story' in the first person gives it a little extra on the creep factor for me.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Beto wants to remove the existing border fencing too. At least he's consistent in wanting mass murders in the United States.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
No, you're making whatabout claims that have no basis in reality. You're hellbent on making mountains out of molehills. In this case, you're assuming a fiction piece means Beto is a homicidal nutjob. Then, you try to throw pedophilia in, with no support other than "what if"> This isn't evidence, this is paranoia at it's finest. Try harder.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadBird
Who cares? It's fiction, for cat's sake. No one claims Stephen King kills New England kids, or that Terry Brooks is actually a wizard.

I have to agree!

I can't stomach the soyboy but if anyone ever dabbled in creative writing and tried to portray the mentality of let's say someone who is evil this is nothing more than creative writing.

I would be locked up in a rubber room for some of the short horror type stories I used to write while in school.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You realise this is fictional prose right ?

Think how many books have people dying in them.
Is it because it was children ? And if so, at what age is it acceptable for a fictional person to die.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadBird

Wow, you really don't comprehend much. Nobody implied pedophilia as "evidence" against Beto. It was put their as a litmus test for you to clarify your point of "It's fiction, so...".

In other words. Running over kids for glee in fiction is OK by you. I don't think anyone considers that to be less bad than raping kids, so if you are taking the stand that ,"It's fiction...", do you draw a line anywhere? if so, why?

Or is all fiction OK and we should never read anything into someone's potential as a Presidential candidate? These are simple questions you can answer instead of just avoiding it. I haven't avoided anything. I think anyone who writes a first person tale of gleefully running over kids is a sick amoral subhuman. Anyone who excuses it is just weak.
edit on 15-3-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
To be fair, I think Stephen King is not right in the head and wouldn't want him leading the country under any circumstance. I find it terribly sad that the excuses are ," but someone else is worse".

I must have blacked out when I made excuses because I don't remember that. You are losing your mind over some crap fiction this moron wrote 20 years ago.

Why would I make excuses for somebody that I don't like and don't think should even be in the same room as serious presidential candidates? This garbage he wrote is mild compared to a rerun episode of Law and Order. Get a grip.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Go back and read It. Kids die by the bucket in that book. Or Lord of the Flies. No one claims either is a serial killer wannabe...because it's fiction. It's flase, a lie, a made up story. Yet you now want me to comment on a non existent child raping story to validate your vitriol at Beto? Give me a break, sport.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Stephen King is a known alcoholic and recluse... Perhaps this is what aligns him with Beta.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

In other words. Running over kids for glee in fiction is OK by you.

hahahahaha

yup

100%

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The fiction stems from the truth. He was once arrested for DUI. Of course you won’t see it reported on CNN.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

How different than the Left Outrage MOB are we if we take every little damn thing out of context to be OUTRAGED? There are plenty of legitimate issues to bash Beto over and will be plenty more. Try not to be outrage and petty like THEY are?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

“My dream was abruptly ended when I heard a loud banging on the front window. It was an old man, who was using his cane to awaken me. He might have been a witness to my act of love. I was not sure, nor did I care. It was simply ecstasy. As I drove home, I envisioned myself committing more of these 'acts of love,' and after a while, I had no trouble carrying them out. The more people I killed, the longer my dreams were. ... I had killed nearly 38 people by the time of my twenty-third birthday, and each one was more fulfilling than the last.”

I find that quote from his story the most disturbing.

It's hard to say what led him to write that. It could just be he was going for shock value, or it could be the first signs of him being a sociopath which generally happens around that age from what I've read.

No, this is not like King, not at all.

It's not like King. It's garbage and it's mild compared to some King themes. King has children engaging in sex, incest, sadism, and many many gory murders. Beto is a simpleton who wrote a poorly conceived piece in first person which is usually where all writers are told to start for lack of skill.

I think his political ideas are much more dangerous than his crappy writing.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So all of you saying ," It's just fiction", I am genuinely curious. Would you draw the line if someone told a first person story about raping kids? If so, why draw lines if it is ,"Just fiction"?

I am not just trying to make a point, I am wondering where the line is, and why it should be different, as I see them both as equivalently heinous acts. Help me understand this ,"It's just fiction" stance.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

How different than the Left Outrage MOB are we if we take every little damn thing out of context to be OUTRAGED? There are plenty of legitimate issues to bash Beto over and will be plenty more. Try not to be outrage and petty like THEY are?

I don't think anyone is outraged. I do think it speaks to his actual character. Some feel it is "Just fiction". I disagree, and I am trying to ferret out where the line of acceptance is.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn

Stephen King is a known alcoholic and recluse... Perhaps this is what aligns him with Beta.

Yeah? Recluse? You have no idea what you're talking about. Both he and his wife are very active in the community. He used to play in a rock cover band. The guy would sign books for Mainers who showed up at his door. Where did you get this information?
edit on 3/15/19 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

just a recluse that goes to Red Sox games all the time

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Can I get one person from the ,"It's just fiction" camp to make a statement to clarify?

Like:

"If a person tells a first person story about gleefully running over kids, I don't think that reflects on his character, but if he writes about ________, I think he is not right in the head."

I'm just asking. Is there a line in your world? If so, what is it and why would be great too.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sorry, as a rabid reader of "fiction", I can't be freaked out about this. I have read so much worse.
Hell, I've written some pretty morbid stories. Even had a kid or two die in them.

But you know what the difference is? I know for a fact that I could never do anything close to what I've written. I've even wept for my characters, and characters in other stories I've read.

People can't always control thoughts that pop in their head. But sane people know the difference between fiction and reality, and would NEVER actually do these things.

As others have said, this man has enough actions to judge him on, I'll stick to that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join