It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard University uncovers DNA switch that controls genes for whole-body regeneration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

People like to say everything looks like binary. Binary is the chicken of math, everything tastes like it.

Hello, I actually studied binary in school, across 4 or 5 classes. All mathematical systems can be broken down into binary no matter what base system they consist of. DeMorgan pretty much proved that all mathematical calculations are reproducible in strict binary, no matter how complex they are. George Boole even attempted logic that incorporated binary and added a third "fuzzy" logic feature. It can be argued as tertiary or binary+RNG. Honestly, even that, by mathematical law, can just be broken down into binary actions, as per DeMorgan.

Binary is just fancy-talk for base-2 in the context of translating on/off or true/false into decimal which therafter can be mapped to a predefined character set. In general, you and I use Base-10 daily. In your studies have you found any system that cannot be converted into any other system? 66 base-13 = 36 base-26. So to be more clear, who flippin cares if you can convert other systems into base-2?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Not just the system, the point is that any operation can be converted and performed solely in base 2. No one thinks of using binary, directly, for mathematics that include astronomical numbers in formula, higher algebra functions, or calculus.

However, it is 100% doable, there isn't anything that breaks that rule as far as I know. So at the end of the day, there isn't anything special about DNA using any particular nucleobase to store information. It can be thought of in binary terms, regardless of whether it's adenine, guanine, guava juice, large moose, chocolate shake, etc...

"If it exists, there is binary of it." -DeMorgan

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Regarding TIME. (A benefit you mentioned in the OP).
Humans have lived in excess of 300 years prior to this “discovery”. The result of those times was a continued devolution as exemplified by a loss in body size and lifespan.

This discovery may well prove to be a reprieve of sorts as you mentioned the halcyon benefits of the switch’s manipulation. Humans do seem EaGR for something, the likes of which seems to be continuous sense gratification. Given this predilection do you think people will actually use the borrowed time to devote themselves to goodness and service to the Supreme and/or their spiritual/material brothers? Or while ticking away the moments that make up a dull day, will they find more ways to fritter away the hours in an offhand way?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrAlphabetman

Regarding TIME. (A benefit you mentioned in the OP).
Humans have lived in excess of 300 years prior to this “discovery”. The result of those times was a continued devolution as exemplified by a loss in body size and lifespan.

This discovery may well prove to be a reprieve of sorts as you mentioned the halcyon benefits of the switch’s manipulation. Humans do seem EaGR for something, the likes of which seems to be continuous sense gratification. Given this predilection do you think people will actually use the borrowed time to devote themselves to goodness and service to the Supreme and/or their spiritual/material brothers? Or while ticking away the moments that make up a dull day, will they find more ways to fritter away the hours in an offhand way?

The devolution will not stop until we reach the reverse-waypoint upon which we were artificially manipulated genetically....its a screwed up situation because the "Angels"(not angels) were ABSOLUTELY 100% MEN who nailed our girls and put buns in the Oven that came out expressing HYBRID VIGOR and turning into the MEN OF YORE or the GIANTS.....then there are the gene- programmed weaponised Giants who are not a result of naturally expressed Hybrid Vigor.....our gene pool as a Species is unbelievably diverse...and the crux of it all is that we are SO DIVERSE that our DEVOLUTION GRADIENTS are very very different....with the Masses always projecting the mean degree of devolution planetwide.

By ADDING the genetics of any Human who is a lineage holder of someone who expressed this hybrid vigor to the genetic template of one of the quickly devolving MASSES AKA TPTB.....you actually preserve the bloodline for many many many generations....

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

They are dip switches

www.techopedia.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

thats teh thing I want to know

How can I manifest reality via consciousness , I can control my body to a certain degree, but cant just tell my genes to turn on and regenerate my body!

Anyway

amazing discoveries

I was thinking about it the other day the only way to save our planet and our species is if we discover immortality
hopefully then no one would care about material wealth and power !

if you have the time to experience everything then there is no rush to get everything now !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join