It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think Aliens are?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

believing strongly there is life all over the cosmos, some of which has, and is visiting us today, I don't think you can rule anything out, or in. Possible some aliens, from the future or some from another dimension, some from another planet/galaxy, you just can't rule anything out, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I like the manner in which you ask your question. You ask'' what do you think'' rather than ''what do you believe''.
To me this is not a trivial difference. For me, one allows for mental opening, for intellectually stimulating inquisitiveness and our inventiveness, while the other, ''belief'' locks us into a perspective that limits our further scope of inquiry which if any progress is to be made at all ends up holding that investigation to fantasy based on too little information.

So, what I think for now, and for right now for that matter is that aliens, as undefined as we can make them, are part of our human experience. That the existence of ''others'' is as much a part of our history as all that we understand much more concretely.

The notion of ''aliens'' whether we call them gods or green men allows hope in our human brains that we are something more than just the result of mindbogglingly meaningless and random occurrence.

We have tried to define this ''other'' so many times and in so many places and what we have come up with is that this ''other'' used to be here all the time and was intimate with our species. Now however they seem content to stay away to remain ''aloof' from us allowing our speculations to guide us in our developing understanding of our surroundings.

I would go as far as to say that our understanding of ''this other'' is more developed than it has been in the past. We have much more information to go on in our study of ancient histories and beliefs as well as our understanding of our quantum reality. So ''if'' there are really others and they are not just a figment of our imaginations helping to keep us from existential doldrums it is clear that ''they'' are not overly eager to disclose their presence to us, more than they have until now.

So maybe they are so different from us that to know exactly what they are would mentally blow us out of the water and hence our own ''human experience'' would be destroyed or they are so much like us that by disclosing themselves to us would take away that very difference that makes us us rather than them.

To, that is my thinking at this moment. Hopefully it will allow me to advance my own perceptions of reality to an even greater extent.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Probably because they are doing the only thing they know how.

However, if one uses the name of Jesus they must leave. And they do. The name of Jesus is the highest name there is and it has power. And His name has defeated evil and their day is coming - so they must obey.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

And yet, we got anti-christs using his name all over children's backs. Sure, your not asking them politiely to leave instead of God forcing them out? And why did they show up to such innocent Little lambs in the first place who wouldn't dream of offending God? Maybe they weren't so innocent or good, and now they must beg for mercy and repent...REPENT!!!...by saying again an again ..and again an again...

Isn't the story of Ezekiel vision of the lord a ufo, of said alien origin?

Also isn't Jesus supposed to come down from heaven? And not only that, white possiblly kill everyone that doesn't believe him?[
edit on 15-3-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

My neighbor is from Spain...green card, hard worker....sorry...couldn't resist...

I believe they can be/are a combination of humaniod, or/and interdimensional, us from the future...

Some are nothing but thought...or light...things we can't imagine because they are things from places we have no comprehension of...and from places and in ways we haven't yet, and don't have the capacity to... understand nor get there.

To a limited extent? I concur so may be fallen angels and even demons.

I don't believe we are old enough of a civilization to even comprehend what constitutes an "alien"...

Unless of course you're referring to Eduardo next door to me....(sorry, again)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ummm...distractions...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Androids or Robots that where sent off in craft all over the Galaxy / Universe billions of years ago to record what they find.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

What are they?

I don't know, I've had a few sightings and despite some eery ones that suggest intelligent interaction I still can't bring myself to say with 100% that they're aliens or even living entities.

That's curious about not having any recollection... I tend to write my sightings down because there's a couple I have no recollection of actually seeing. I remember everything around the sighting just not the actual sighting which is strange to say the least.

I've toyed with the thought that many UFOs are actually an aspect of us, a projection of the soul or something, it's just a niggling feeling that doesn't really make sense. But then there's so much about sightings that don't make sense. I know one thing though, sightings change you even if you try to deny them.

It would be amazing to measure brain activity when someone sees something, I suspect a lot more than visual stimulation is happening.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
What do I think they are?

I have come to think that they're a part of reality that we're just not smart enough to comprehend.

I use my old analogy of "taxes to a cat." To us brilliant humans, taxes are a real thing that we deal with in our reality. But try to explain that to a cat. It means nothing to them. They might see a tax form on a table and think it would be a good thing to lie down on. But otherwise, they just don't have the intelligence to understand what it actually is. It is not real to them.

UFOs, aliens, and probably a whole range of "paranormal" stuff are like that. Something that happens beyond our comprehension.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990 I know one thing though, sightings change you even if you try to deny them.

Hhahahhha.. They do change you

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite
a reply to: Specimen

Probably because they are doing the only thing they know how.

However, if one uses the name of Jesus they must leave. And they do. The name of Jesus is the highest name there is and it has power. And His name has defeated evil and their day is coming - so they must obey.

Some people like to give the phenomenon a religious overlay, as if using a mystery to explain another mystery somehow helps. People try to put it in a context that makes them comfortable, since it is so baffling. People do have a tendency to get "spellbound" by these things, but what usually happens is that if you can move a finger or blink an eye or say something and that will usually bring you out of it. What comes out of many people's mouths is "Jesus!," but I'm sure you can also break the spell by saying what most people say, which is "#!"

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I've tested this before I'm led to believe that anything one believes in has power it's why I'm led to believe it's partially in the mind.

Things get interesting when another person witnesses it.

I had a good sighting with my brother one night where we watched formation of stars moving strangely. I half jokingly asked him to think about it moving more or even coming down... A few moments later their was white lights dancing about 200 meters away, like police lights but white. Anyways my brother freaked out and for some reason I told him to think of a angry red rubber duck and follow me as I marched towards the lights.

That one freaked me out a bit but I believed I was angry, I portrayed anger... It worked. I was actually a bit angry tbh, seemed it escalated quickly.

I don't know but it's as if for me sightings usually only go as far as I'm willing to let them. Some people have been ruined by sightings though. There's people on here I trust in terms of honesty towards their sightings. Tricksters often comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards there are no aliens.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I have given this a fair amount of thought and here is how I think it goes:

Planets around other suns: common

Planets around other suns with an environment that can support life: rare

Planets around other suns that have an environment that can support life that have resulted in life arising: very rare.

Planets with life that becomes intelligent: exceedingly rare

Planets with intelligent life that becomes technologically adept at either contacting us or being detected: Almost none.

When you factor time into this, the chances of several civilizations existing in the milky way galaxy at one time is probably good, but distance of separation makes it unlikely they will detect or contact one another. Unless there is some far reaching galactic civilization that has spread all over the place through the eons, maybe a little better.

What might they be like? Probably will be predators, requires intelligence, probably wont have a design we wouldn't at least sort of recognize: Eyes, hearing apparatus, legs or something approximating legs for motion, hands, claws or tentacles for manipulating the environment and the ability to create technology. I have a feeling they might even look humanoid to a degree, its a good design for an intelligent species that is mobile. Or they might be totally alien looking as well. Environment will shape their biophysics and physiology, so of they come from an Earth like planet, it stands to reason they might look something like a lifeform from Earth. Or they might come from some totally alien environment we didn't realize could harbor some kind of life and in that case they might really look weird to us.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011 a reply to: JAGStorm I have given this a fair amount of thought and here is how I think it goes: Planets around other suns: common Planets around other suns with an environment that can support life: rare Planets around other suns that have an environment that can support life that have resulted in life arising: very rare. Planets with life that becomes intelligent: exceedingly rare Planets with intelligent life that becomes technologically adept at either contacting us or being detected: Almost none. When you factor time into this, the chances of several civilizations existing in the milky way galaxy at one time is probably good, but distance of separation makes it unlikely they will detect or contact one another. Unless there is some far reaching galactic civilization that has spread all over the place through the eons, maybe a little better. What might they be like? Probably will be predators, requires intelligence, probably wont have a design we wouldn't at least sort of recognize: Eyes, hearing apparatus, legs or something approximating legs for motion, hands, claws or tentacles for manipulating the environment and the ability to create technology. I have a feeling they might even look humanoid to a degree, its a good design for an intelligent species that is mobile. Or they might be totally alien looking as well. Environment will shape their biophysics and physiology, so of they come from an Earth like planet, it stands to reason they might look something like a lifeform from Earth. Or they might come from some totally alien environment we didn't realize could harbor some kind of life and in that case they might really look weird to us.

In November 2013, astronomers reported, based on Kepler space mission data, that there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of Sun-like stars and red dwarfs in the Milky Way, 11 billion of which may be orbiting Sun-like stars.

So, planets in habitable zones of stars is quite common.
edit on 15-3-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Being raised as a bible thumper, I can tell you that I’m usually the last person to quote the Bible these days.

However, what I do appreciate from that experience, is these little nuggets I learned — from the days of inhaling the Bible. Interpretation of the Bible has been, let’s just say misleading, to keep it PC here.

Replace the word ‘Mansions’ in the Bible verse below, and exchange it with ‘dimensions’. Actually, you really don’t even have to, as the definition for both — are one and the same. ‘Many dwelling places’, ‘Many abodes’... From the Bibles versions and noted *plural* mention of ‘Mansions’.

From this website (2nd down when googling the definition of mansions in the Bible):

carm.org...

“John 14:2 says in the King James Version, "In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." In the NASB it says, "In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you." The word for "mansion" is μονή, monay. It means a dwelling, an abode.”

And here is the Wiki definition of dimensions from a physics standpoint:

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The question is, if there are many dwelling places — who resides in them? Maybe they have access to us, but we don’t have access to them. Mostly due to our being a lower evolved species. Honestly, just turn on the tv to understand how screwed up we are.

Look at our planet and people. Would you give us access to ‘Their’ world? If there was a methodology to it, or a machine that could accomplish the feat, would you give the knowledge to us? Look how well we are maintaining our own Mother Earth.

We are in a quarantine zone, physically and inter-dimensionally. They only give us a taste of experiencing their worlds with some organic substances they left for us, to experience it briefly.

edit on 15-3-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

What do you think aliens are?

Well, I couldn't say in general, one would have to meet them all to be authoritive.

But I know the greys well enough to say they are complex folks who come in a variety of fluid forms with a very strong will and motion aspects. So much so, I would venture a guess and suggest the occult term "Thrones".

In anthroposophical terms a "Throne" is a spirit of will.

Greys think in terms of will rather than conceptually one might say.

Fluid form/motion aspects that is an expression of will one might also say.

One needs to stop thinking in conceptual terms to interact with and understand them.

edit on 15-3-2019 by AlanHenderson because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge Your words so must be terrestrial right? is the key to the whole thing. I just read for the 2nd time "Men in Black" the secret Terror by Gray Barker and can say that the MIB always visit those witnesses or researchers who came close to the truth about UFO's. The authors conclusion is that when they discovered that UFO's had a terrestrial solution, the troubles began. Very relevant to the bottom line was that when the MIB appeared via a phone call, a German accent was often noted which lends credence to advanced Nazi Flying Saucers.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
@Spacespider

That's the number one flw most people have when the aliens topic comes ip.

The assumption that other sentient life developed the same as us and needs a planet in the Goldilocks zone.

That is hubris and arrogance.

The possibility of life is limitless and to try and confine it to an incredibly narrow set of standards is short sighted.

There could be silica based lifeforms, lifeforms developed in the high pressure depths of gas planets, insectoid races, hive mind etc etc and any or all of them could develop in radically different scenarios than ours.

Broaden your thinking mate. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Aliens don't exist, Hollywood invented them.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join