It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 calls from Amazon warehouses show employees in severe emotional distress & threatening suicide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Wow, that picture is pretty horrible! Way to solve the problem without addressing the real issues.

They are lucky though, we had no windows at our warehouse, plus the roof leaked, they have buckets all over the place and in some areas tarps with a drainage hose attached. Also it was pretty trashy including a 20 year layer of dust on the top shelves. Plus the lover level cement floor was cracked and uneven as well, the picking cart would tend to travel around on it's own down there.

Not a sweat shop, but pretty close really. They need to include meth and depends undergarments in the vending machines along with the power drinks and coffee if they want to reach the new quota.
edit on 15-3-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For clarity

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: mikell
Amazon is a job and a lot of people just can't handle it. Must work for pay and no trophy at the end of the week. Welcome to the real world. We haven't hired young people in a year just too much work to get them to work. I have friends in the Amazon Army and they work hard but make a lot of money for 3-4 months work.

I knew someone that worked in a system similar to Amazon.

You are wrong. It's not just a regular job and they should just yuck it up.

They basically want you to be like a robot, but humans aren't robots.

Yeah, I did a three month stint in a factory/warehouse while waiting for a position in another company to open up when I was younger. Standing in place for a 12 hour shift, unable to sit on a stool when it wouldn't hinder ones ability to perform the job, having talks with the assistant supervisor for talking a little too much to the person next to you, and of course no music and so much more.

I believe in having a good work ethic, and not quitting unless absolutely necessary, but I was so glad to gtfo of there.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I would question this story since it comes from Bezos hating Fox and Daily Beast... both conservative venues who support trump.

Ok, well what about the 911 dispatch audio?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I would question this story since it comes from Bezos hating Fox and Daily Beast... both conservative venues who support trump.

Of course you would... and of course, and like always, people like you ignore and dismiss the people who are going through this... What's new huh?... It's the "Liberal love and understanding..."

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Amazon should just replace all the unhappy workers with robots then they won't have to listen to the endless bitching.

You would think these people are being forced to work there against their will. If it is so horrible why don't they just find another job?

You would have made a good "Pinkerton" goon back in the day. Hatchetmen for the robberbarrons they went as far as shooting workers that dared beg and stand for workers rights.

Worry not, Alexa is busy studying the movements of the workers round the clock year round at your local "Fulfillment" Center, with their fancy "COGNEX" overhead cameras and "EyeQ" rearview cameras in every station, analyzing their every movements so they can design the perfect robots to replace them and every other sort of worker they can figure out from the data. Its why they need to push Push PUSH everyone for maximum movements per hour (while not actually caring about the overall stations not being maximum performance) as its all about the long con for maximum biomimetic data.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I'm joking, buddy...I'm joking...chill out

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It's cool. If you read thru the first post quickly, you'd miss the part about no 2nd shift.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Companies that got big bucks can get away with a lot. They'll complain and even keep tabs on you. I tell them my break doesn't begin till I am sitting down in the break room. It doesn't include the time to walk from one end of the fab up the stairs/elevator, across the sky bridge etc which is approx 8 minutes time one way unless you run. A billion a year profit fab that wastes ton of money in a lot other things and they want to penny pinch and complain about break times what a bunch of baloney. The foreign owners know that the Americans already work hard & put out better production/quality stuff. When you start pushing people production and quality goes down dramatically. People gotta have breaks and ultimately an incentive to work there, decent wage, benefits. Amazon is in no way hurting in profit period.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The whole onslaught of small pop-up resellers on Amazon like its the new eBay where ppl now make a living buying things to resell for a few pennies' profit each is no doubt taking its toll on fuel, packaging pollution, and people.

200 sucide attempts reported at Amazon per 911 is a heck of a lot (reminds me of iPhone in China)... wonder what their investigations have discovered by now? Cause this seems to have slipped past the masses short attention span to news more towards all the pedo scandals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join