It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch shooting: police search for gunman after mass shooting at mosque – live updates

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

You're missing the point.

As someone posted right below me, if you're against rape, would you cut off your penis?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Nz prime minister wearing Muslim attire? I'm not liking where this is looking to be heading. If its a show of respect that's fine (although she is not Muslim,or in a mosk)...I don't get it?
www.newshub.co.nz...

Man ATS is hopeless for posting pics,here's the link

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Here's the "story" about two of the four arrested....I don't know,but taking a firearm to get your kid from school? Questioned and released in a short space? Hmmmmm?
www.newshub.co.nz...

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Your pic:

I don't know, seems disrespectful to me to don the garb if you aren't of the faith or in a country where it is traditionally required of outsiders. I could be wrong though, it has happened before and will doubtless happen again.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

If there was a precedent for deadly behaviour, I'm sure maybe someone might have been more vigilant.

This was unprecedented.

You're faulting them for not running towards someone dressed up like gi joe, aiming and firing a weapon relentlessly at them. I see the split second it took for them to be shot, no time to collect thoughts when they were about rejoicing one moment earlier.

Come on man, you have to see this. they were not forewarned nor entertaining any such act. What's the last thing you'd do if you knew there was nothing else. Huddle your loved ones. To expect anything else, in such an extremely catastrophic and violent situation, is putting hindsight before foresight.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

"Mother do you think theyl try and break my balls"
As posted in another thread. I can see where this is going. Ramp up gun laws,increase refugee intakes..... No way I'm gonna stop eating bacon and I'm not going to start raping children thank you jacinda.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Mate, no disrespect.. but you are just completely wrong.

I applaud you giving the dead the direction they should have taken. Not many people under these circumstances would have been able to. So, I guess, they are stupid. I mean, next time I go to the shops for milk, according to your advice, I'll go armed to the teeth, and destroy anyone who even looks at me sideways.

I'd be stupid otherwise.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yeah, that’s just bizarre trying to be or identifying with something your not. She may of had good intentions but I think that’s a fail.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
May the Lord have mercy on her

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Election is coming up,this lady has no background in politics,she won a vote cause our last PM "resigned" in a hurry....oddly enough,just after donating 12million to the Clinton's...don't know if that means anything, but I think she is trying to get votes...she has also said 15k or so refugees a year to be let in....we are a tiny country....we can NOT handle that many when we have our own people in a massive housing crisis as it is.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I legit don't get your stance.. we're talking ordinary folk, living in a safe country, far away from any conflict, being attacked by a random stranger who is off his rocker.

We're not going to fortify houses, communities, because that danger is not present. They don't need to know self defence to pray. Sure, people should know how to protect themselves, but you're militarising entire societies with what I hear you saying. Gramps shouldn't need kung fu when going to a place of worship.

"If they'd only known how to tackle a deranged gun man instead of panicking and fearing for their lives..."

nah.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder what will come next....

a copycat killer or retribution.

What's amazing is that seems to be the only two expected results.

Programming is working.

No, the program was run and has finished long ago.

What you're now seeing is simply how humans react. I mean, think back.. what were fueds between families for. After the program ends, the animosity remains, so that when you ask one or the other why they fight, no one even remembers.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're missing the point.

As someone posted right below me, if you're against rape, would you cut off your penis?

I wouldn't polish it and put it on display !! much..

no I do get the point. I don't think this event has any baring on the gun debate, but it will inevitably be brought up. And is, politically. The NZ PM is already calling for action akin to little johnny howard after port arthur. sigh...

My point was, you don't paint pictures with a gun. they have a specific purpose, and we all know it. whereas forks and pencils are used in many ways, not specifically to get fat, or spell words wrongly.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Oh no, the program is still very much alive.

We are still here.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

jesus wept... I can feel for someone, but I don't put their underpants on to commit myself to them.. crap on a stick...

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Some like to hunt,we have a lot of wild game here.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Sorry,I don't get what you mean there.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

What you're now seeing is simply how humans react. I mean, think back.. what were fueds between families for. After the program ends, the animosity remains, so that when you ask one or the other why they fight, no one even remembers.

Trained monkeys, I tell ya...

A group of scientists placed five monkeys in a cage, and in the middle, a ladder with bananas on top.

Every time a monkey went up the ladder, the scientists soaked the rest of the monkeys with cold water.

After a while, every time a monkey would start up the ladder, the others would pull it down and beat it up.

After a time, no monkey would dare try climbing the ladder, no matter how great the temptation.

The scientists then decided to replace one of the monkeys. The first thing this new monkey did was start to climb the ladder. Immediately, the others pulled him down and beat him up.

After several beatings, the new monkey learned never to go up the ladder, even though there was no evident reason not to, aside from the beatings.

The second monkey was substituted and the same occurred. The first monkey participated in the beating of the second monkey. A third monkey was changed and the same was repeated. The fourth monkey was changed, resulting in the same, before the fifth was finally replaced as well.

What was left was a group of five monkeys that – without ever having received a cold shower – continued to beat up any monkey who attempted to climb the ladder.

If it was possible to ask the monkeys why they beat up on all those who attempted to climb the ladder, their most likely answer would be “I don’t know. It’s just how things are done around here.”

The Famous Social Experiment: 5 Monkeys and a Ladder

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Oh no, the program is still very much alive.

We are still here.

It's set and forget... a trojan.

With a species such as us, it doesn't take much to set in motion conflict. It's the game of life, with the cells that cause a chaotic disarray already placed, and done. the rest is our reaction.

It only takes a tiny amount of sinister intent, to push and pull things to an end result. And once a chain reaction has been started, the wort that ferments.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Some like to hunt,we have a lot of wild game here.

So you draw a pretty picture with your weapon, in order to lure the animal into submission?

No.. you shoot and kill it. Same as I stated.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join