It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch shooting: police search for gunman after mass shooting at mosque – live updates

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: pheonix358

...one in dark green camo..

To whit:

WTF?

A sole shooter?

Any locals know where the above pic was taken?

I wonder if the other people arrested were persons of interest to Five Eyes? Just speculation but maybe the guy in cammo was a nutcase who always got around in cammo carrying weapons and frequented hate sites but actually had nothing to do with it. Maybe a few people living in Christchurch are on an intelligence watch list for right wing nutters and they just tracked their phones and took them down? Maybe they were online followers who jumped into action spontaneously as they saw what was unfolding? Who knows, maybe we will find out more in coming days, maybe not?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
a reply to: Krakatoa

Why didn't the people in the church in America utilise their second amendment rights and destroy the threat that they were all so trained to combat, whilst engaging in sunday prayer? Common sense, even kids in kindy should know how to take a mofo down. amirite?

christ mate, they were in the most laid back country on the planet, surrounded not by people with intent to slaughter them, but friends and family.

I'd honestly not like living in the world you suppose.

Because the church, at that time, was a "Gun-Free Zone". They were PREVENTED from it...so, your point is moot. Self-defense is a mindset, that is no longer taught in schools. Instead, the little minds are told that the government will protect them....no need to worry. It is and always will be a deadly lie....and that is reality.

And being the " most laid back country on the planet" meant they were a ripe soft target for this psycho, ans we have unfortunately found out from these recent tragic events.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Too bad that guy that had the stones to try rushing the shooter didnt have a gun. He could have saved a bunch of lives, including his own.

When I first saw this, my first instinct was that he was not trying to rush the guy, but # scared and running.

That's the level of panic and fear I saw from them all, trapped, and certainly not prepared for such an event. They were mostly friends and family. Not hardened warriors. No different than any church congregation on any given sunday. And down this way, churches are not full of harley riding, gun toting types, but people like your parents..

Is the general consensus that as they were muslim, they should be used to fighting, and not prone to complete panic when faced with some asshole intent on killing you?

I don't agree with islam, it goes against many things I hold close... but I am even more against the slaughter of innocent people no matter their personal beliefs. And I can see how these people, scared, unsure of what was happening, had the first instinct to protect one another, despite those here now complaining that "did they really think covering each other would stop a bullet? lies."

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
I see that you are overly sensitive as well.

I don't see hate here. I see, though heated at times, discussion. We do not know eachother at all. But I am willing to bet you hold more hate for me than I do you, simply because of what I believe and whom I support.

I also expect you to deny and deflect this, as its the only sensible thing for you to do.

I'm not sensitive. Never been offended in my life. This place has anti Muslim circle jerks at least once a week.

I don't hate anybody who hasn't hurt anybody, so you're dead wrong. Unless you're hiding something. I just feel sorry for people who have views such as yours on other humans. Blanket stereotypes are dangerous, and why this happened.

Blanket stereotypes are not why this happened. This happened because some sick and freakish INDIVIDUAL planned and carried out an attack. He is responsible for his beliefs and his actions.

Are your beliefs forced upon YOU? When you come across people with harmful or disgusting beliefs, are you helpless to think for yourself, and therefore you "catch" their beliefs? Like catching the flu?

To your first sentence...this place also routinely has anti-Christian circle jerks, so what is your point?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

this twitter video clearly shows two people, one in all black and a second in a white t-shirt as phoenix mentioned above.

That is the video allegedly taken at Papanui High School, in the north of the city.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: Krakatoa

I have to agree with that point. One of the people who escaped keeps popping up in interviews - his instinct was to get TFO of the nearest available window and then hide, initially in the neighbouring building.

However, some victims are kids - could you in all honesty abandon your children to save yourself? Must be an impossibly horrendous situation to find yourself in.

With regard to the children. Do you honestly think that covering them with your body will stop a hail of bullets from penetrating you into them and killing them too? I understand the instinct to protect the children, don't get me wrong. However, huddling with them will NOT save them in a shooter scenario. Get them and you OUT of the kill box.

Staying in the kill box is guaranteeing that child's death....as has been proven.

What does a grandfather, a father do, then.. throw pottery at the culprit? If you are not accustomed to combat, do you suddenly become rambo? Make a bazooka out of some bricks and a prayer mat?

There was no immediate escape, and absolutely no idea what was occurring. I can't imagine the sheer panic that swept over every single one of them. I am afraid to put myself in that place within my mind, I would be destroyed in that instant. How can you put your own fearlessness onto innocent people, that in a split second from engaging in a typical days prayer, engagement, safety, to staring down the barrel of an automatic rifle pointed at them.

I don't get your stance.. The one bloke who did appear to try, was immediately murdered, right on camera.

Yes, throw anything....chairs, scream, a flipping pencil. Sure as hell better than huddling and being an easy target which assures your imminent death. Yeah. That is the reality in these situations that is proven time and time again.

So, if you repeat the same deadly behavior, expect the same deadly outcome. At least an attempt to fight back might save even one life from the time it takes to hesitate....and time for someone with lethal force to arrive on scene. Because, lethal force was only in the hands of one person. One person....who was psychotic.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
These are the two mosques in question, correct?

Is there a timeline available of the attacks?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Too bad that guy that had the stones to try rushing the shooter didnt have a gun. He could have saved a bunch of lives, including his own.

When I first saw this, my first instinct was that he was not trying to rush the guy, but # scared and running.

That's the level of panic and fear I saw from them all, trapped, and certainly not prepared for such an event. They were mostly friends and family. Not hardened warriors. No different than any church congregation on any given sunday. And down this way, churches are not full of harley riding, gun toting types, but people like your parents..

Is the general consensus that as they were muslim, they should be used to fighting, and not prone to complete panic when faced with some asshole intent on killing you?

I don't agree with islam, it goes against many things I hold close... but I am even more against the slaughter of innocent people no matter their personal beliefs. And I can see how these people, scared, unsure of what was happening, had the first instinct to protect one another, despite those here now complaining that "did they really think covering each other would stop a bullet? lies."

You said,

despite those here now complaining that "did they really think covering each other would stop a bullet? lies."

Tell me, how is that a lie? Cowering in a corner in a group only makes the attackers job easier....that is a FACT....not a lie. The sooner people realize that the more lives can be saved in these situations.

Oh, and as for them being like "our parents".....my father fought the Nazi's in WWII, and he would never have cowered in a corner....ever. My mom, she was a very outspoken and brave woman in her own right. Living through the great depression, she had a unique view of life, and that it was not something to take for granted or give up easily. I was taught to defend myself, by my parents. My brother, was in the USAF during Vietnam, my mothers youngest brother (my Godfather) was an MP in the Marines during Vietnam and stationed all over the region at varying times during the war.

Too bad your didn't give you the same level of survival instinct to handle yourself in these situations.

Freedom and life is not free. You mist be willing to fight for your life if it means anything at all to you. Otherwise, you are living a real lie.

edit on 3/15/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You said,

despite those here now complaining that "did they really think covering each other would stop a bullet? lies."

Tell me, how is that a lie? Cowering in a corner in a group only makes the attackers job easier....that is a FACT....not a lie. The sooner people realize that the more lives can be saved in these situations.

Realise or not, unless trained to the point of reflex action, under adrenal stress, instinct will take over. Humans have a herding instinct when in groups. This is why you can read about how to fight and watch videos about it but unless you train to the point of muscle memory you will likely flail ineffectively. Source: I am a martial arts instructor. These are ordinary everyday people living in a peaceful place, woman and children FFS.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a reply to: pheonix358

...one in dark green camo..

To whit:

WTF?

A sole shooter?Which is why you cannot trust governments and what is going for sure...All been poisoned by politics....Plus this is a conspiracy website..Still always is fishy stuff going on with some of the shootings.

Any locals know where the above pic was taken?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Apparently yes. The news said they also got another guy with a gun,but he was a member of the public trying to help,questioned and released. Also said there was a shooting at hospital,and a school....then there wasnt . the main perp wasn't speeding in the vid I saw,so don't know how he got to the other mosk in 7mins.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: harold223

You said,

Realise or not, unless trained to the point of reflex action, under adrenal stress, instinct will take over. Humans have a herding instinct when in groups. This is why you can read about how to fight and watch videos about it but unless you train to the point of muscle memory you will likely flail ineffectively. Source: I am a martial arts instructor. These are ordinary everyday people living in a peaceful place, woman and children FFS.

Then I guess they are stupid if they cannot learn that actions such as that guarantee you will be dead. Huddling together is great for warmth, not so much against a psychotic armed attacker. And, you don't need to be a trained martial arts instructor to know that....or learn to spread out or escape if at all possible. Otherwise, you are signing the death warrant for that child you love and are covering. Will everyone be able to do that in the meant, NO, of course not. But, all you need is a few to begin to confront the attacker in a no-win scenario....the odds are you are dead anyways. Perhaps your sacrifice will buy time for others to live and the armed police to arrive.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So he works as a personal trainer for two years and suddenly has enough money to travel the world?

www.usatoday.com...
Worked as a personal trainer at a gym, traveled the world
ABC reported that Tarrant worked as a personal trainer at Big River Gym in Grafton from 2009 to 2011, when he then traveled in Asia and Europe.
He also made income through Bitconnect, a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, that he used to help fund his trips. ...
"I think something must have changed in him during the years he spent traveling overseas," gym manager Tracey Gray told ABC.

Well at least they aren't claiming he made his money playing video poker, ala the Las Vegas gunman.
edit on 15-3-2019 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I think this is the gate that was in that video, from google maps:

I think the camo dude was also at the high school.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: harold223

You said,

Then I guess they are stupid if they cannot learn that actions such as that guarantee you will be dead. Huddling together is great for warmth, not so much against a psychotic armed attacker. And, you don't need to be a trained martial arts instructor to know that....or learn to spread out or escape if at all possible. Otherwise, you are signing the death warrant for that child you love and are covering. Will everyone be able to do that in the meant, NO, of course not. But, all you need is a few to begin to confront the attacker in a no-win scenario....the odds are you are dead anyways. Perhaps your sacrifice will buy time for others to live and the armed police to arrive.

Missed my point a bit there. When the s#$t hits the fan the thinking brain takes a back seat and the lizard brain takes over. You could be aware of what you should do but you won't think of that in the heat of the moment, you will just react, instinctively. Extensive training can override instinct but it must be trained to the point of reflex, not conceptualised.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ
I guess there is so much social media out there nowadays that news pops ups everywhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

So he works as a personal trainer for two years and suddenly has enough money to travel the world?

www.usatoday.com...
Worked as a personal trainer at a gym, traveled the world
ABC reported that Tarrant worked as a personal trainer at Big River Gym in Grafton from 2009 to 2011, when he then traveled in Asia and Europe.
He also made income through Bitconnect, a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, that he used to help fund his trips. ...
"I think something must have changed in him during the years he spent traveling overseas," gym manager Tracey Gray told ABC.

Well at least they aren't claiming he made his money playlying video poker, ala the Las Vegas gunman.

According to Australian media he made some money on Crypto (can't be bothered looking for source, I heard it on the news this morning)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Governor general to ban semi autos in nz,latest news on www.nzherald.co.nz

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Dark green camo guy was in front of the same fence a little ways down the road from the gate as can be found in my previous post.

There is a thread on /pol/ with video of the aftermath, not of the shooting from inside the second mosque, /206470210#p206476269.

WARNING, GRAPHIC FOOTAGE

a reply to: hiddenNZ

Also said there was a shooting at hospital,and a school....then there wasnt .

Earlier in this thread the hospital shooting was posted about.
edit on 15-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: specified aftermath

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

I don't use social media at all,everything I heard was on radio or TV.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join