It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch shooting: police search for gunman after mass shooting at mosque – live updates

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Since it was a visit to France that initiated this horrible and cowardly attack, will people start blaming Macron?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Tartuffe

Yes I know what he wrote, I'm not buying it

Obviously he was able to spread and receive his hatred among his ilk in some dark corner of the internet, I'll give you that.

I'm beginning to believe that censoring these sorts of people, pushing their ideas from popular platforms into the darkness where they can fester, might have a worse influence than allowing them to remain. I think hatred dissolves in the light, but festers in the dark.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I suspect that may be compounding the issue, I don't like censorship, I think it's far better these people can express how they feel openly and If they are appearing to become radicalised they can be watched and possibly stopped before acting out.

His own words were something along the lines of time to stop posting about it and do something about it, that means to me he was spending a lot of time online and festering his hate for muslims.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I'm triggered? News to me.

If not for low key condoning this slaughter, why post personal negative experiences with Muslims in this thread? If that poster is not advocating this, why post what they posted in this thread? And again, posts like that only fire up the extremists, and we get what we have in New Zealand again. Are the Muslims there causing any problems? They're like 1% of the population and I've never heard of them harming anybody.

Their personal experience with Muslims has NOTHING to do with this. He speaks of the neighborhood of Muslims near him. Cool. Maybe there's some bad ones. Ever heard of Westboro Baptist Church? Sexual abuse in the Catholic church? The Muslims they're familiar with have nothing to do with the Muslims who died in New Zealand, as those groups I mentioned have nothing to do with Christianity in general.

Again, why post that in this thread if not for low key condoning the shooters actions?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I posted last night before I went to bed and I can't really be bothered linking to discussions from elsewhere but from the very nature of this (live streaming to an audience) to the manifesto filled with Alt Right "chan" culture references, its clear that this nut case's ideology was spawned in a poisonous online culture that I hate to say I have seen rearing its head all too often in recent years on ATS and in this thread. After 10 years coming and going from ATS, I have witnessed the slow but gradual shift. I am really struggling with thoughts as to why I even come here any more. Deleting my account has crossed my mind a few times and quite strongly today. But then, does that just contribute to the demise of this site? The loss of diversity; the reinforcement of an echo-chamber? I hope ATS can rise above all this, I really do. There is gold here in these archives. If a nutter ever does something like this and it is linked to ATS, this site could be no more in a matter of seconds. Online echo chambers and the cultures they nurture are a plaugue upon humanity.
edit on 15-3-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes I know what he wrote, I'm not buying it

Careful, that's Alex Jones' line of thinking.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: harold223
I posted last night before I went to bed and I can't really be bothered linking to discussions from elsewhere but from the very nature of this (live streaming to an audience) to the manifesto filled with Alt Right "chan" culture references, its clear that this nut case's ideology was spurned in a poisonous online culture that I hate to say I have seen rearing its head all too often in recent years on ATS and in this thread. After 10 years coming and going from ATS, I have witnessed the slow but gradual shift. I am really struggling with thoughts as to why I even come here any more. Deleting my account has crossed my mind a few times and quite strongly today. But then, does that just contribute to the demise of this site? The loss of diversity, the reinforcement of an echo-chamber? I hope ATS can rise above all this, I really do. There is gold here in these archives. If a nutter ever does something like this and it is linked to ATS, this site could be no more in a matter of seconds. Online echo chambers and the cultures they nurture are a plaugue upon humanity.

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you've changed more so, and are perhaps a tad too sensitive? Has it also occurred to you that ATS is cyclical? ATS was your safe space when Obama was in office. Now that he's gone the dynamic has shifted, along with what used to be considered "Liberal". I expect ATS to go through another similar shift after 2024.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you've changed more so, and are perhaps a tad too sensitive? Has it also occurred to you that ATS is cyclical? ATS was your safe space when Obama was in office. Now that he's gone the dynamic has shifted, along with what used to be considered "Liberal". I expect ATS to go through another similar shift after 2024.

Um, no. The only difference between this place and the chans now, when it comes to hate, is that this place is moderated and censored.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Its funny seeing the shooter talk of invaders...

Yet hes a foreigner in MY bloody country shooting and making a terrorist attack on people who for all intensive purposes are NZers.

And the fact he wanted to make a point that we are naive to think it wouldnt happen here in our little quite country he's wrong... so wrong, even the most vile of NZers (christian, muslim, immigrant or otherwise) wouldnt have done something like this, its just not in our mindset as a people or a nation... which to me nullifies his point in that regard even though the act finally did happen.

NZ is and still will be a peaceful place despite this turd of a human thinking he can make it otherwise... you attack one of us like he did, regardless of who the victims were, you WILL get all of us (regardless of who we are, even those who have beef with Muslims or Immigrants) riled up against you.

As for the changes to gun laws it'll be against any type of auto semi auto weapon, i was surprised to learn we allowed semis personally. The only thing you need a gun for in NZ is hunting, and a rifles just fine for that.

I personally hope they stick him in a NZ prison for life... and im not talking solitary either. People like him, who do that sort of thing have a very short life expectancy in prison usually, and he deserves it.

Also to the people talking about why the police in NZ took so long or why he didnt get picked up before hand... this is NZ we arent a paranoid America, or a surveillance heavy place like the UK... this sort of thing hasnt ever happened here and has had no reason to ever happen either (until some dillhole Aussie racsist SOB decided to make a point he could have made in his own god damn country).
edit on 15-3-2019 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ

Here in the states, people like him speak like that of Mexicans.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I posted last night before I went to bed and I can't really be bothered linking to discussions from elsewhere but from the very nature of this (live streaming to an audience) to the manifesto filled with Alt Right "chan" culture references, its clear that this nut case's ideology was spurned in a poisonous online culture that I hate to say I have seen rearing its head all too often in recent years on ATS and in this thread. After 10 years coming and going from ATS, I have witnessed the slow but gradual shift. I am really struggling with thoughts as to why I even come here any more. Deleting my account has crossed my mind a few times and quite strongly today. But then, does that just contribute to the demise of this site? The loss of diversity, the reinforcement of an echo-chamber? I hope ATS can rise above all this, I really do. There is gold here in these archives. If a nutter ever does something like this and it is linked to ATS, this site could be no more in a matter of seconds. Online echo chambers and the cultures they nurture are a plaugue upon humanity.

US politics is only of concern to me in relation to the power and influence the US has over world affairs. I do not live in the US. What I am speaking of is the polarisation of cultures, the rise of extreme views, the rise of the echo-chamber. The online cultures that arise from these echo-chambers is what lead to the actions that occurred in Christchurch. I don't like the way ATS is heading at the moment.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Um, no. The only difference between this place and the chans now, when it comes to hate, is that this place is moderated and censored.

I see that you are overly sensitive as well.

I don't see hate here. I see, though heated at times, discussion. We do not know eachother at all. But I am willing to bet you hold more hate for me than I do you, simply because of what I believe and whom I support.

I also expect you to deny and deflect this, as its the only sensible thing for you to do.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

US politics is only of concern to me in relation to the power and influence the US has over world affairs. I do not live in the US. What I am speaking of is the polarisation of cultures, the rise of extreme views, the rise of the echo-chamber. The online cultures that arise from these echo-chambers is what lead to the actions that occurred in Christchurch. I don't like the way ATS is heading at the moment.

And who started those echo chambers? Who tries to ban speech? Who needed safe spaces away from opinions and beliefs not their own? You are basically admitting that you wish ATS to return to your preferred echo chamber.

And furthermore, You probably live in a country wide echo chamber. And anything that may run counter to that, however benign, will be the unpopular opinion worthy of denigration and derision. Consider that.
edit on 15-3-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yeah its just a 'wtf' thing for me really... sure I will say openly i have beefs with what alot of Chinese are doing to my country or with other immigrant groups on occasion but i dont see them as invaders or would ever call them that, nor would I kill any of em obviously.

I mean my country apart from a mild veneer of racism which all countries have if we are honest, simply doesnt really have that Immigrants are invaders, kick em out! purge em! mentality... we're a young country built on immigration. This current world trend of super toxicity against immigrants or foreigners religions hasnt affected us thankfully, and this act of terror wont start it either... or at least i hope it doesnt, i have some faith in my own country men, new or old... if anything its just made us more annoyed at the Aussies lol (they can keep and deal with their own damn race issues within their own damn borders thank you very much)... since for the most part we dont have those issues or those kinds of people that would push those issues.

link   

And when you see armed individuals in tactical gear crossing the border, what else would those individuals be?

link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Listen as the right wing in this group tie themselves in knots trying to distance themselves from another right-wing looney with the same beliefs as they have. Brilliant.

When will the leftists distance themselves from more and more diversity and open boreders? i will be waiting.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I mean my country apart from a mild veneer of racism which all countries have if we are honest

Its especially prevalent when the world cup is on.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Listen as the right wing in this group tie themselves in knots trying to distance themselves from another right-wing looney with the same beliefs as they have. Brilliant.

Weird. Most white supremacist groups hold left-leaning beliefs.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

we're a young country built on immigration. This current world trend of super toxicity against immigrants or foreigners religions hasnt affected us thankfully,

It wont effect your people yet, till the Native Zealanders themselves become a minority although that would be to late. This has effected Italy very badly.

Why do you think Italy has elected a right winger? its because the previous government failed to stop the NGO landings, when knowingly they could stopped, but wouldn't because the previous government had a secret deal.

But if you think that this toxicity against so called immigrants wont come to New Zealand it will. When Migrants commit crimes agaisnt your native people as do in western Europe.

You will noticed the trend.

edit on 15-3-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Eh i wouldnt call that racism really friendly ribbing?, i mean the English are penalty kicking ponces and the Aussies are egotistical sore loosers and France is often dirty tactically... and south Africa just hasnt been relevant for a long time.

Once its all over however, everyone goes back to being best of friends for the most part (cept maybe the Aussies.. they are sore loosers after all and tend to decend into a 'fire everyone on the team!' mentality)

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
It wont effect your people yet, till the Native Zealanders themselves become a minority although that would be to late.

The maori already are a minority and the white settlers and other settlers are fairly even in terms of population compared to the more modern immigrants... but they wouldnt ever get like that because the maori are still given some pretty hefty rights, and are usually respected for the most part and the white nzers are still so close to their immigrant past themselves they/we (hell im only 2nd gen nzer myself) dont have any real issues with new immigrants or forgieners, were also VERY small population wise which just doesnt bring about the same attitudes you get in other older or larger countries...

NZers just dont really think like that and for the most part those that come here to live mirror that attitude and is why they come here in the first place... could it change, maybe, but id like to think my countries morale fiber and sense of self identity as a friendly open arms kinda place and people is enough that it never crumbles into the crap hole the rest of the world seems to be heading.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join