It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christchurch shooting: police search for gunman after mass shooting at mosque – live updates

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Evil is as evil does.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I'm not blaming it on anything, the attacker himself already did that with his 40 page manifesto.

Read it...

Denying this is what motivated the attack is to deny obvious evidence written by the attacker himself.

Agree or disagree, this is one reason he donned armor and attacked an innocent group of worshipers.

As we've been saying here in the states and around the world, the refugee stuff is creating major tensions that are BOUND to boil over in horrific and unintended ways. That is reality. Sorry if you can't abide that reality.

For what its worth, I don't like this reality any more than you do. But denying reality is not the answer.

The whole point is these Mosque attendees could've easily been life-long New Zealanders. Only stating the refugee influx globally is creating these types of hard-to-predict problems. Stochastic terrorism I believe they call it

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

What cut me the most, is that lady he singled out as she ran past the fence, and he ran to finish her... hearing her screaming "Help me help me help me" as he then.... well you saw it.

# my life, it's sickening, and I cannot remove those images.

May justice be just, for once. Because he will not fare long in prison.

This makes me happy that I do not have and will not have children.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
WW1 and WW2 and many other wars are far worse than this...Right now Russia and Ukraine are fighting a war hardly mentioned in MSM.....However as far as people minding their own business with their own religion not harming anyone this is major bad....This kind of stuff is getting worse from disturbed evil revenge killings....Look for al-qaelda or ISIS or some branch oh radical Muslims to get even again.....Crazy how these people get so lost in their hearts and minds.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sinistra

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Sinistra

Go to the devil.

Their manifesto specifically quoted just that. Unlike you cultist lefties, I don't deny reality. The reality is that unchecked immigration and non-assimilating refugees from an alien culture are creating all sorts of tensions among native populations.,

It's time to call out all you extremist alt-right wingers.
Enough is enough.
We see it here on ATS on a daily basis.
This animals manifesto is a replica of the threads you guys star and flag each and every day on ATS. Same buzzwords,
"White genocide" "libtards, muslims are cancer, just to name a few..

If you actually had an ounce of intelligence and read the manifesto without political blinders on, this guy represents all extremes of BOTH Alt left and Alt right!

I have remained silent for the most part because as always it's fun to watch those who jump right to their political knee jerk bias to use a tragedy as a barking post to further their political agenda.

He mention Candace Owens as what lead him to become radicalized. So tell me what is radical about Candace Owens! A black woman who chooses to be a Conservative?

He mentions Pewdy Pie. WTF? The dude is a youtuber who pisses off the establishment media because he has more people watching his videos than the MSM could dream of?

The whole manifesto was written as such as a poorly written work of fiction or a carefully crafted joke to see just how many people are brain washed enough to go REEEEEE REEEEEE REEEEEE and start pointing fingers at each other while in fact it was written in a manner to condemn ideologies that are inherent to both extremes of the political spectrum.

Take off your political biased glasses and slowly and calmly read the manifesto and stop listening to the ministry of truth on the idiot box!

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just more evidence that the extreme of any political side is no good and is a breeding ground for violence including terrorism.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just more evidence that the extreme of any political side is no good and is a breeding ground for violence including terrorism.
worth repeating
edit on 15-3-2019 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
He referred to himself as an "eco-fascists". He wants us all to kill one another. The MSM is already running with the baseline assumption he is associated with conservatism. Even though he denounced both liberalism and conservatism multiple times in his manifesto.

I hope to see ATS not fall for this trap and give him what he wants. Division.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: jlafleur02

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

#UPDATE: Shooter shot approx 50 people and reloaded an assault rifle around 5 times in the video and then swaps to a possible sub machine gun outside the mosque

is says he used a shot gun. You can see it in his video. He reloaded the shotgun many times. It takes about 15 seconds to reload a shot gun. Why would he use a shotgun and why didn't anyone rush him between reloads. sounds like a second shooter was involved

He used a shotgun AND an assault rifle. I watched the video. After blowing away the people at the front door with the shotgun he switched to the assault rifle and started making his way through the building. He then used the shotgun again as he was fleeing in his car and firing it out the window.

I myself have the video as well. Watch is again and tell me what you think? After he uses the shotgun and switches to the auto. When he gets in the first main room why are there bodies already piled up in the corners? I find that very odd and strange. And then he unloads on them even though you can plainly see they are corpses. let me know what you think.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
He referred to himself as an "eco-fascists". He wants us all to kill one another. The MSM is already running with the baseline assumption he is associated with conservatism. Even though he denounced both liberalism and conservatism multiple times in his manifesto.

I hope to see ATS not fall for this trap and give him what he wants. Division.

Especially since in the manifesto there was a Bolded line that said, "Conservatism is dead, Thank God."! The whole manifesto was a hodge podge of extremism from all spectrums of politics.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Shockerking

They were not corpses, they were cowering when they heard gunfire. They probably didn't realize they were the targets initially, and got low/stuck together to reduce their target area (from a drive by, for instance)

The guy who went after the shooter emerged from the left side. After he's nearly tackled/subdued, he jogs back down the hallway to empty another magazine into the left side (presumably out of anger for the guy who tried to take him down)

They also may have been playing dead, I really am not sure

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deniro
I watched the video and this guy was listening to Serbian or Bosnian music in his car.
Wrong! When he firsts gets into the car he is listening to Author Browns "Fire" Which is really more odd.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

They were not corpses, they were cowering when they heard gunfire. They probably didn't realize they were the targets initially, and got low/stuck together to reduce their target area (from a drive by, for instance)

The guy who went after the shooter emerged from the left side. After he's nearly tackled/subdued, he jogs back down the hallway to empty another magazine into the left side (presumably out of anger for the guy who tried to take him down)

They also may have been playing dead, I really am not sure

Look at it again. The way they are laying is not cowering, they are already dead. Weird positions and such.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The first or second time when he returns a minute or so later?

Extremely graphic still photo from video: files.abovetopsecret.com...

They appear standing, although some have gotten down/are getting down

At least from what I can tell they are huddled as a group. This is taken 42 seconds into the clip, and about 20-30 seconds after the first shots ring out

I could be wrong

EDIT: This is facing toward the right side of the room, after walking in from the hallway (shooter's perspective). The left side (now the area directly behind him) is where the man who tried to tackle him came from. This still photo is taken from the video prior to the death of the individual who tries to take the shooter down
edit on 3/15/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The first or second time when he returns a minute or so later?

Extremely graphic still photo from video: files.abovetopsecret.com...

They appear standing, although some have gotten down/are getting down

At least from what I can tell they are huddled as a group. This is taken 42 seconds into the clip, and about 20-30 seconds after the first shots ring out

I could be wrong
I could be wrong too. But the part where he storms in with the shotgun, then goes into the foray there is bodies piled up in corners in death throe positions already, then some guy charges him and gets killed. So as he starts firing onto the piles of bodies none seem to writhe in pain, like they are already dead and not playing dead? It just seems very odd. Some suggested two shooter at the first Mosque? Maybe he was just cleaning up after the first?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So as he starts firing onto the piles of bodies none seem to writhe in pain, like they are already dead and not playing dead?

That is perplexing indeed, I admit I hadn't noticed that as I tended to look down toward my desk at that moment

Even a few of the guys standing up did not seem to be reacting like the others (assuming they were alive and not already deceased) you would expect the screaming, pleading or even furious attempts to escape (like jumping out of a window). At first I just chalked this up to the kind of terror only someone on the business end of a madman's evil intention could know, but it is really difficult to tell because the so called "piles" did stand out at first to me as well

It makes you wonder their involvement or whether or not like you said another group of shooters was there first and he went through with the video (for propaganda purposes?) or what the heck happened?

I know these kind of extremists and their groups like to make propaganda videos and use it as recruitment tools for other radicals

At the end some type of screaming/speech/sounds can be made out but you would have expected some reaction to the shots

Terrible stuff to see either way
But the people of NZ deserve to know what happened and whether or not there is still a public safety threat or a larger threat out there

Great catch on that by the way

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

www.bbc.com...
Australian media reported that Brenton Tarrant was originally from Grafton, a town 600km (370 miles) north of Sydney, and had previously worked at a fitness facility.
"He never showed any extremist views or any crazy behaviour," his former boss, Tracey Gray, told Seven News.

10 to 1 he joined the military, where, just like Timothy McVeigh, he was selected to join a 'special' unit.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I'll take that bet.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

This is the result of media nourishing hatred towards Muslims, it's becoming more harmful than nuclear weapons.

edit on 15-3-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No his hatred and ignorance was fed by one side and one side only. Go ahead and read any thread regarding Islam and Muslims and see what side shouts the loudest about how evil Muslims and the religion of Islam is and how if they are not stopped, they will take over western society...etc.

In fact there is one poster in this thread spewing those words and now the very same people who were posting such utter hatred about Muslims/Islam are now condemning that poster and acting like they were not saying the same thing a few days/wks/months ago. The poster is vile but I actually respect him/her because they did not come into a thread and pretend their ideology has changed and are still spewing garbage about Islam, where they most likely have learned from a right wing site.

People on here are distancing themselves from past comments they made regarding propaganda about Muslims/Islam by coming in this thread and condemning this act. Their heart s may actually go out to the victims and are truly remorseful about what happened but give them a day/week or two and they will be back in threads spewing garbage and propaganda about Muslims/Islam like nothing ever happened.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join