It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP decides to vote to stop Emergency Declaration on the Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Now, I think it is pretty clear that Trump will veto this when it comes forward but look closer and you will see this again is nothing more than a way to call out those who do not truly support the president. This will come back on any GOP member who opposes and it should.

7 Senators are now stating that they will not be able to back the president on his declaration on border security. Realize that. This is not just about a wall but funding 'border security'. The left and those who oppose can chant wall wall wall all they want but in the end it is hurting not only those who defend the border but they are stopping job opportunity. 200 billion or more a year spent on illegal immigration and Congress does not want to secure the border AND create jobs. The money spent will go right back to our economy.

1. Border Security
2. Economic growth
3. Reduce spending on illegal immigration

These three things is what the vote is about. Instead, it is being made into a vote against Trump. If ANY other president had presented this it would have gotten bi-partisan support...which it did! Trump is simply enforcing a current law on the books that states a border wall it to be built. Maybe he should push to get it updated to the Secure Wall Act of 2019.

Link

Republican opposition grew Thursday to President Donald Trump’s declaration of a national emergency at the southwest border as the Senate chugged toward a showdown vote that seemed certain to rebuff him despite his last-minute warnings. GOP Sens. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee and Mitt Romney of Utah Romney became the sixth and seventh Republicans to say they’d vote Thursday for a resolution to annul the border emergency Trump declared last month.

1000's of people are pouring over the border. More this year so far than ever and those elected officials are still going to vote against a person and not for a voter. A citizen which is why they were elected.

I mean, where were they all when Trump signed the other 3 National Emergencies to 'protect' other countries?

Where this will get interesting is now that the 2020 budget is released he is asking for 8.6 billion dollars for funding. Last time he said he would take the blame for the shutdown. Next time it is on Congress. October 1st will be here soon and it will be ramping up for the 2020 election cycle so it will be very very interesting to see what happens.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Sure. Lol. The "wall" is a left thing. Perhaps you should go back and listen to his campaign speeches.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Sure. Lol. The "wall" is a left thing. Perhaps you should go back and listen to his campaign speeches.
oh I'm sorry, you still hinged on the whole "Mexico will pay for it" deal?

Yeah, a bit over zealous on President Trump, but who cares? If he pulls that off, DAMN.

If not, meh, whatever just get me my wall 😌

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
When Trump Vetos this thing, watch for snarling Democrats to call the Veto an abuse of power.

They may even take the Veto to court. Watch for it 😆

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Why is it a bad thing that not every member of Congress (let alone every member of a party) supports the President?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Trump called them border deniers.

And it's exactly what they are.

edit on 14-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: LordAhriman
oh I'm sorry, you still hinged on the whole "Mexico will pay for it" deal?

Yeah, a bit over zealous on President Trump, but who cares? If he pulls that off, DAMN.

If not, meh, whatever just get me my wall 😌

I'm not sure if that is what the poster meant, but I've found that ppl that cite that campaign rhetoric, do so because they don't care to discuss the actual issue.

The cost of illegal immigration to the country makes who pays for the wall irrelevant,

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Why is it a bad thing that not every member of Congress (let alone every member of a party) supports the President?

It's not necessarily bad, it depends on the reason.

For example, McCain's vote against Obamacare repeal had zero to do with what he believed, or what was good for the country as a whole. He was just being a spiteful SOB.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I don't expect them to.
I do expect them to fix the legislation they passed if they don't approve of the way the president is using said legislation.
If they can come together to shut down trump; they can come together to fix the national emergency act so future presidents can't circumvent congress.
I predict they won't.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Prefreekinsicely. Are we hearing here a call for lockstep support just as is always claimed about the democrats? Tow the line or face punishment? '' This will come back on any GOP member who opposes and it should. '' AND IT SHOULD,,,,That at least is how it sounds to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I would love for each Congressman who voted to kill the Emergency Declaration to explain their rationale to a room full of people who have lost loved ones, due to being outright murdered, raped, maimed, or killed by an Illegal driving drunk/drugged.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The weakest excuse offered by GOP "NO" Senators is that a Democrat President could call a National Emergency to take our guns, or shut down all coal plants, or ban Meat from school lunches (like NYC Bloomberg did this week).

What are the ODDS that the Supreme Court would uphold one of those National Emergencies? Most of us will be DEAD before the Supreme Court becomes LIBERAL again.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Prefreekinsicely. Are we hearing here a call for lockstep support just as is always claimed about the democrats? Tow the line or face punishment? '' This will come back on any GOP member who opposes and it should. '' AND IT SHOULD,,,,That at least is how it sounds to me.

Border security is an actual Republican cornerstone... so in this situation, yeah, lockstep is required or the rep gets outed as nothing but a RINO and should lose the support of the party.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What are the ODDS that the Supreme Court would uphold one of those National Emergencies? Most of us will be DEAD before the Supreme Court becomes LIBERAL again.

The greatest legacy President Trump will leave us with, when all is said and done IMO.

Thank you DJT.
edit on 3142019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

“This use of executive action is part of the core duties of the president — to protect the borders of our country. In doing so, he properly invoked power that Congress expressly granted him to deal with a national crisis.” Donald Trump’s national emergency declaration is constitutional

Attorneys General Ken Paxton, Curtis Hill, and Jeff Landry: “Donald Trump’s National Emergency Declaration is Constitutional” March 14. 2019
edit on 3142019 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: carewemust

The greatest legacy President Trump will leave us with, when all is said and done IMO.

Thank you DJT.

We just need to flip a couple more liberal seats to conservative. Justice John Roberts is bi.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The GOP is part of the problem.

They too have been paid off by cartels. We just don't have the evidence yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
call out those who do not truly support the president. This will come back on any GOP member who opposes and it should.

i agree

our support for this president must never waiver

we should build an 80' bronze statue of his likeness too.
ditch that obelisk # and put up a drumpf.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So Trump will now issue his first Veto?

Can the simple majority pull 2/3 to over ride the veto?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join