It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foods that get you a one way ticket to hell

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: CriticalStinker

A1 is acceptable on some burgers

A1 i never acceptable.

Idk.... I've had a burger that had bacon, blue cheese, onion straws, light A1, and some garlic aoli. I'd eat it again. A1 gets a bad rap because it's synonymous with uncultured swines desecrating perfectly good steak with it.... But the flavor profile of the sauce itself isn't horrible.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

A1 gets a bad rap because it's synonymous with uncultured swines desecrating perfectly good steak with it

Fair enough.

I suppose if it's truly and lightly used as a complement to other flavors, I can see it as adding more than taking away. Not sure about the bleu cheese though.

Interesting about the onion straws, though. There's a pretty good burger joint down here, H&F Burger, that puts kettle cooked chips on some of their burgers. It's actually pretty good with a horseradish sauce, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and some Swiss (and occasionally jalapeños).

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I love kettle cooked chips on my cold cut sandwiches at home... I'll find some flatish ones and put a few on for some craunchies.

Texture is just as important as flavor.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There are always volcanoes, that is if you could fit him in the caldera.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

There are always volcanoes, that is if you could fit him in the caldera.

Or a split over the mouth. Slow roasted...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Try it on a burger. I use kettle cooked jalapeño chips. Adds a good crunch and flavor, and a good texture.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If we are talking burger toppings....onion jam.

Best burger ever was fresh ground brisket with extra pellicle added on a fresh made bun topped with pepper jack, onion jam, some arugula, and slathered in a lemon garlic aioli.

But if you make it at home...use plenty of red wine vinegar. That sweet sour savory is the best

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
If we are talking burger toppings....bacon-onion jam.

^This.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

LOL, bacon always makes things better.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

slathered in a lemon garlic aioli.

That's what I generally put on lamb burgers, along with a slice of browned red onion, a little hummus, a slice of provolone, some arugula (or fresh spinach), on a buttered and toasted kaiser or ciabatta roll.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernGift
Pre- cooked bacon.

Add more torture to the death sentence if it’s eaten with frozen waffles!

Heh heh, I’m very bad. I have been known to do this on many occasions. I think to myself “what the hell am I doing?” But I do it anyway and laugh when I do.

My hubby has put friggin ketchup in his spaghetti. That makes me totally gag. Why ruin perfectly good spaghetti? Blasphemy I tell you! But he is on spot when it comes to steak. He has always told me if it’s a good steak, it doesn’t need any sauce. If it is a bad steak, he will put sauce on it. So when we’re at a restaurant, if I see him ask for Heinz 57 (he hates A-1) I know the steak is bad.

And I’m one of them crazy peeps that likes to dip French fries in mayo. Actually, I got turned on to that by some friends from Indiana. Apparently, some in Indiana like to dip their fries in mayo. Guess they got that from the Dutch.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join