It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foods that get you a one way ticket to hell

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Haha, I've had them at the Texas state fair (I think it was a milky way bar, slightly different, mars bars are hard to come by here). 25 weird ass deepfried foods at Texas state fair. That list alone has many things that will send ya straight to hell for eating lol.

There is a really good burger joint where I live now (Virginia) that sells deep fried Oreos... I rarely have a sweet tooth, but after a really good burger sometimes I'll get a few of those and enjoy them with a good porter.
edit on 15-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Apparently a deep-fried Mars bar is the bomb. 1200 calories. I want to try one but I don't have a fryer. Maybe that's a good thing. Apparently the Scots invented it.

ETA en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Apparently a deep-fried Mars bar is the bomb. 1200 calories. I want to try one but I don't have a fryer. Maybe that's a good thing. Apparently the Scots invented it.

I used to have one, but they can be a pain to clean and they make the whole kitchen smell like oil for a day haha.

Best thing we made was deep fried macaroni and cheese. The trick is to par-cook the mac & cheese so it doesn't get too soft, put them in an icecube tray and freeze them... it makes it easier to batter, and ensures that the batter will be nice and crispy about the time the filling becomes nice and gooey.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

A saw a documentary -not saying that the scotts did not invent it- about England and that there is a trend to deep fry everything. Butter bars, Mars, Snickers and similar things.

The conclusion was the bad weather and that it makes the mood better with the sweet stuff. Like a depression medicine.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken President Nixon cleared the Oval Office when he put ketchup on cottage cheese.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Dude, it's the Texas State Fair. Don't they have a contest every year to select the most innovative deep fried food? I think they had deep fried beer one year or something.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
If I am not mistaken President Nixon cleared the Oval Office when he put ketchup on cottage cheese.

While he was eating it or after?

I could believe both.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They did have deep fried beer (from what I saw online, I haven't been since I was a kid)

Minnesota also has a pretty crazy state fair for foods from what I've heard.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

He was a sneaky mf'er when it came to food and drink, he'd drink Chateau Margaux but have the bottle's label covered and give everyone else cheap California wine.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's just messed up.

I'm not a big fan of most Cali wine I've had. I used to work at a country club and got to taste a lot of the "nice" stuff...

My favorite I've had so far is a Chilean Carmenere.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I've become fond of certain California properties, the wine is quite good although very different from the Italian and French wines I mostly have in my cellar.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

RE frites mayonnaise, you mean awfully delicious!

To brits and americans; dutch frite saus is not the same as the pale mayo some people put on sandwiches, it is it's own recipe and very good! It's a specialty item.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
moules frites mmmmmm

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I like the Japanese version of mayo better.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Frites sauce is definitely a special sauce. Especially for people with no taste. I'll stop now, I promise. Well, maybe. The best thing on frites is salt and vinegar. Word.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The best fries are those that do not need anything than salt. No ketchup, mayo or anything.
I the fries are good in their natural flavor, crispy on the outside but soft on the inside and a bit salty, I can spare the sauce or what ever completely.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Eating ortolan songbirds has got to be pretty high on the list:

The customary way of eating ortolan, a delicate songbird, involves the diner covering his or her head with a large napkin. Tradition dictates that this is to shield – from God’s eyes – the shame of such a decadent and disgraceful act.

...the rarity of the bird is not the only reason why killing it is so controversial. It is the method in which they are dispatched. Hunters catch the birds using traps set in fields during their migratory season (when they fly to Africa). They are then kept in covered cages, encouraging them to gorge on grain in order to double their size. It is said that Roman Emperors stabbed out ortolans’ eyes in order to make the birds think it was night, making them eat even more. They are then thrown alive into a vat of Armagnac, a trick that manages to both drown and marinade the animal at the same time. Killing two birds with one glug, as it were.

^ From this first link
link

Link 2

Kim Jong In demands one dish for breakfast 365 days a year. it costs I believe somewhere in the neighborhood of 800-3500 dollars depending on season and/or availability.

Puke omelette. Wont settle for anything less. Of course when you or I eat puke omelette we usually have big white chicken eggs and a hungover friend or family member and the handle end of a toothbrush to provide our ingredients. Since he is an elite though, to Kim Jong Un, a puke omelette means omelette à l'ambergris (using eggs from the ortelan only, nothing less).

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I put wood whistle earshrooms on my pizza and enough about me and more about myself !
edit on 15-3-2019 by SulfurMercurySalt because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

rye?
I will say I have had some rather "fruity" tasting beer from germany when I used to drink. No fruit additives needed.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I like the Japanese version of mayo better.

That's the only kind I use, that stuff is great.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join