It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Heavens are announcing something major. Have you noticed?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: twosquares
a reply to: twosquares Yes. I took a quick look up, and Mars was shining bright.

We would be looking for an angular difference less than (but near to) 36 degrees for any two given visible bodies as a quick check. Can anyone see planets tonight?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all
So now we have to flip numbers to get to the “true date”?
C’mon! The world was supposed to end in 1974. I knew a guy in 1980 whose parents bought into this crap. They sold everything they owned, including their house, to get ready for the “rapture”! Of course they were brainwashed Jehovas Witnesses.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've only noticed the same stars all my life, nothing else.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: agentcyman

I can tell you what it probably is, but no one will believe it. That’s often the thing with the truth, it seems ridiculous at first. That’s what Paul said about the Gospel to the Corinthians. That preaching Christ crucified was foolishness to the Greeks, but for those who understood, Christ is the power and wisdom of God. Anyhoo, I digress. Where were we? Ah, yes, the gravitational disturbance. Well , remember when Jesus of Nazareth said, “I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am you may be also”? That place is the New Jerusalem described at Revelation 21:10-27. It’s quite large actually. 1.9 million square miles, roughly. About the size of a small continent.
Ever see that show “The Event” that came out several years ago? Ever wonder why it only had one season? Imagine something appearing in orbit around the earth. What would we do? Well, the nations would gather together and fight against it as an external threat, of course. Even Reagan knew that. I often thought it odd that the Bible said the beast would gather the nations to fight against Christ. I mean, if you know it’s Him, why in the world would you do that? Unless you were deceived. I can assure you, the delusion is already deeply rooted. When Jesus begins judging the earth people are more likely to believe it's Thanos, rather than Him. Especially when a large portion of us disappear. Surely only the bad guys do stuff like that, hmm?
edit on 3/15/2019 by WashMoreFeet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
As Jesus said: Look for the signs in the heavens
a reply to: WashMoreFeet

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If he said that, others could fake it, then. So don't assume it's from heaven, if it happens.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Woolbrad666

I've had a few JWs walk up my drive,even after saying im atheist they keep going...I entertain then for a short time until they say people will rise from the grave at the rapture or something....I lived across from a graveyard,I said if I see people crawl out the ground,I'll give you a ring,until then,take your books and don't come back. When that didn't work I pulled out a joke. What do you get when you cross a JW with a hells angel....someone that comes to your door and tells YOU to.piss off,most got the joke halfway through and left. Must be an old joke for them.
edit on 16-3-2019 by hiddenNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woolbrad666
a reply to: one4all
So now we have to flip numbers to get to the “true date”?
C’mon! The world was supposed to end in 1974. I knew a guy in 1980 whose parents bought into this crap. They sold everything they owned, including their house, to get ready for the “rapture”! Of course they were brainwashed Jehovas Witnesses.

You do not have to flip the numbers and you do not have to watch the Movie.However if you do watch the movie and are interested in off-the-wall topics this one seems to fit in quite well.....if you flip a few numbers.

Selling your house in many cases is profitable and has little to do with the topic.

You don't need money to survive...you need acceptance and knowledge.

The LDSers and JWs....seem to be a step ahead of the ones who are ok being "raptured"....being the groundcrew or cleanup crew sounds a lot better than being Raptured which sounds a lot like being dead to me.

Then again these Religons are off-shoots of larger Doctrinal groups … so maybe the larger groups have a Gold Club or a Platinum Club.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
How are these fireballs reported?

It works like this: Random person observes fireball. Random person searches web and finds the AMS on-line report form (or a media report of another fireball event encouraging people to make a report) which they fill out. Job done.

Is it from a reputable source, like an organization or monitoring system? Or is it based on general accounts including civilians?

Are you asking if the AMS is a reputable source? If so, then yes it is. It's an organization that was founded over 100 years ago which is run by both experienced amateur meteoriticists (people who study meteors) and professional meteoriticists. It has an impeccable reputation by any standards IMHO, and has contributed to our understanding of the subject in a massive way.

See the History of the AMS page for further details.

If general accounts including civilians, it would only make sense for the numbers to go up. Access to the Internet has increased exponentially since 2009.

Absolutely. I'm glad you (and at least a few others on here) have enough sense to see how other factors might dramatic effect on these statistics.

Also relevant is the fact that the on-line reporting system only came on-line in 2005, so you'd expect initial reports to be thinner on the ground until the service started to build some momentum -- as more reports are posted others are more likely to find them and post their own. But, as you have said, the growth of the internet is probably the largest factor here.

Also, since 2009, smartphones (pocket computers with hq cameras) have been distributed to everyones pockets.

Cameras/phones are irrelevant in this context since to post a report you only need to visually observe an event. However it does increase the chances of an event being caught on camera, which is never a bad thing, as much useful information about a particular event can potentially be extracted from fireball footage once it's analyzed. In particular it can help to track down where any meteorite fragments may have landed, if more than one person caught it on camera.

Having said that, although the prevalence of phones/cameras today may not be having a direct effect on reports, I do believe that more footage helps raise awareness of the subject in general, which might in turn encourage more reports to be made.

Some one else (Phage I believe -- apologies if I'm wrong) also pointed out that it takes 5 reports for the event to register in the stats, and that would also be a large factor. An event in 2006 that might have only been reported by 4 people then (just missing out on making the stats), if it had occurred today might get 5+ reports, so would get included in the stats today, purely because of the way society has changed and the way the internet has evolved. Many fireball events are only reported in low numbers even today in my experience, so I would expect the stats to be even more skewed/misleading in the early years after the on-line reporting system was introduced.

As I have pointed out in the past here on ATS, if you want to get an ACCURATE picture of how frequently fireballs occur, you have to take humans out of the equation as much as possible since humans introduce too many random variables, which can skew the results. It's for this reason that automated fireball camera networks are used to gather data in an efficient (and more importantly) consistent way.

Cameras can sit there night after night, for decades, looking at the same patch of sky. Humans obviously can not do that - just turning your head for a second or two could cause a missed event. Cameras don't get sleepy either, or ill, or get distracted by someone talking to them -- there are many potential sources of error. So unlike humans, you can compare the data from a camera/camera network over years or decades, without introducing bias, and end up with a much more accurate result.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FireballStorm

Posted in another thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks Phage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>