It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Heavens are announcing something major. Have you noticed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: agentcyman

Actually Phage... ISON did cross Earth's orbit. It wasn't until almost one year later that Earth Would be experiencing ISON's debris field.
Actually, it did not. C/2012 S1 (ISON of lore) passed above the ecliptic at Earth's orbit when inbound and any fragments passed even higher above the ecliptic when outbound.

ISON originated from a system source located light years away from our solar system.
Doubtful, if it had it would most likely have had a much greater velocity inbound. Something like Oumuamua did.

As ISON interacted with the sun to produce one of the most dynamically brissant X class solar flares recently seen
No it didn't.

Could it have been just the Martian atmosphere glowing red hot?
No. But this sure beats the hell out of politics.

Unfortunately I can only provide the abstract of the publication that identified ISON as an Interstellar Cometary Object... The abstract however mentions a discussion identifying 8 Interstellar comets, ISON identified within that publication being one of them.

Identified Interstellar Comets (abstract)

NASA... And other relative entities... Were indeed awaiting and anticipating Meteorite Showers from ISON... NASA ISON ARTICLE

I was following a certain astronomer during the ISON comet event who harped extensively on the close encounter ISON would be having with Mars... Wouldnt you know it.. By 2019 I forgot who he was.

When ISON indeed did pass Mars this alleged astronomer went haywire ... Posting on various sites a series of images showing Mars as a red planet engulfed in a bright red glowing ring that basically ... when I look back on the object imagery it could have been anything really... With this imagery only showing a planet too far away to truly reveal any landform structures.

He was claiming that the comet ISON had done its xlose flyby of planet Mars and its debris tail had turned the planet into a glowing bright red ring... Suggestive of a Mars atmosphere, at the very least, getting fried...

Now that I have read further about the Martian flyby indeed it appears that this crackpot astronomer... Who I remember having quite the expert opinion of him vetted as a solid information provider.... Manufactured those images which I can not find online now... So I apologize for that lil mistake.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

How much less empty is the new area of space compared to the old area? I mean, I think it's a pretty gradual change. Wouldn't it take millions of years to notice a difference?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The abstract however mentions a discussion identifying 8 Interstellar comets, ISON identified within that publication being one of them.
Not exactly.

Based on their current orbit determinations, eight hyperbolic comets emerge as good candidates to have an interstellar origin

But thanks for the interesting reference. Perhaps C/2012 S1 is interstellar. Or not.
arxiv.org...

Were indeed awaiting and anticipating Meteorite Showers from ISON...
That was in April before close approach, when hopes were high about ISON. That meteor shower was slated for January, 2014. Those hopes did not pan out. ISON was a dud, not much of a dust tail. No meteor shower. You should learn the distinction between a meteor and a meteorite and your capitalization is weird.

Again, ISON did not cross the Earth's orbit. If it was indeed an interstellar visitor, no "debris field" to encounter. That debris is headed back to interstellar space. Hyperbolic, doncha know.

edit on 3/15/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Nowhere was it mentioned that the whole planet of Mars glowed red hot... What was mentioned is that the portion of Mars seen from Earth glowed bright red... As if superheated material encased the Martian planet...

Let me refresh your memory. You said:

the entire planet brightened to a hot red glow and remained like that for several days... i

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

These so called scientists need to go back to school.

I'm a night owl and amateur astronomer, I've seen no evidence of increased activity whatsoever, and in my next door timezone bolides are commonplace. There is no correlation.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
If the solar system is ever expanding and we’re moving into ‘new territory’ doesn’t that mean whatever occupied the ‘new territory’ would also shift?

Honestly, so much in the OP makes no sense.
Doomsday! Argh!

Personally I blame religion.
It put this doomsday nonsense in everyone’s heads.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Personally I blame religion. It put this doomsday nonsense in everyone’s heads.

I blame idiots putting videos on Youtube, gullible people believing them and parroting this nonsense and a general decline in education standards. Religion is in there somewhere too, of course.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If we had an index for how 'unaligned' the other 8 planets and earth's moon are... I'm going to take this half court shot and say that number is at a Maximum right now. I need data to check now though

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: twosquares

We would be looking for an angular difference less than (but near to) 36 degrees for any two given visible bodies as a quick check. Can anyone see planets tonight?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: twosquares

Yes, i'm looking at a planet system. With my bare eyes. In daylight.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

we can combine Kepler's 2nd law of planetary motion with Maxwell's method of calculating magnetic dipole moment as described in the 1865 classic "A Dynamical Theory of the Electromagnetic Field".

If we want to see sudden Jolts in magnetic energy, I'd look in a place like the transit of Jupiter in front of Saturn. It's not very observable compared to an eclipse, but it's still a significant, rare and powerful celestial event. And if it's coinciding with anything else we're cooking

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Or, it could be, our technology for detecting these things is improving day by day. There's no mystical interpretation needed.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

These so called scientists need to go back to school.

No they don't. agentcyman needs to go back to school. This topic has been thrashed out in the past on ATS on multiple occasions, and what the statistics actually show has been explained.

Mike Hankey (AMS):

The AMS fireball reporting tool, while a useful service to the public and scientific community, is not a controlled scientific environment that one can use to reach conclusions about the frequency of fireballs. The AMS in no way suggests that the frequency of fireballs has increased or is increasing. This is not to say that fireball and bolide rates are not increasing, they may in fact be increasing, we simply cannot prove this with the AMS reports alone. We can only conclude from the data collected that more users are submitting fireball reports. It is understood that the rates of fireballs will increase and decrease year to year, but in order to answer the question “Have the rates of fireballs been increasing lately?” a more comprehensive study is needed.

Source: 2013 ATS thread

Unfortunately people on here have their own agendas, and agentcyman seems to fall into this category -- he/she has already admitted that they were on ATS in the past under a different name.

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I'm a night owl and amateur astronomer, I've seen no evidence of increased activity whatsoever, and in my next door timezone bolides are commonplace. There is no correlation.

Exactly. I also spend a great deal of time under the stars. I even moved to the countryside in 2012 to pursue my interest in astronomy/astrophotography, and in particular my specialization in the study of meteors and fireballs, which has been an area of interest ("obsession" might be a better word) for over two decades. In that time, like you, I have observed no evidence that anything agentcyman is suggesting is true.

At the end of the day, the astronomy community would notice if these things agentcyman is claiming were actually true. I don't know why nut cases like agentcyman are even being given the time of day, when you consider that there are much better sources of information out there -- people (astronomers) who ACTUALLY have experience in the field, UNLIKE agentcyman.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: agentcyman

originally posted by: Blaine91555

In 2013 Comet ISON approached our solar system with an intensity that suprised observers. By the time it had reached the inner zone of the solar system it already had a massive tail that spanned 100,000 miles and could be seen shedding large chunks of itself. Before it's demise at Perihelion it had a near impact brush with the planet Mars, which when the cometary debris feild streaming behind it began interacting with Mars atmosphere the entire planet brightened to a hot red glow and remained like that for several days... it is speculated that the debris feild impacted Mars pretty intensly and scalded the surface of the planet.

NASA on this.

Despite its close distance from Mars, Comet ISON was very faint and relatively inactive at that stage in its journey toward the Sun.

There seems to be a disconnect between your claim and what actually occurred?

That disconnect... Is your understanding of what NASA claims as "faint" and relatively "inactive"...

LMMFAO...

Has anyone here ever seen an inactive cometary body within the inner solar system?

Really dude?... OBVIOUSLY... You personally weren't interested enough to watch the WIDELY RAVED ABOUT, NASA ADVERTISED spectacle comet ISON became... I did. For an entire week as it dashed past Jupiter and into Earths personal space... Everyone was so worried about ISONs possible deflection by Mars gravity into an Earthbound direction...

When ISON did intersect with Mars...

YES... MARS ATMOSPHERE BLAZED BRIGHT RED HOT...

With as thin as the atmosphere is on Mars... YES... ISONs debris tail created a stellar storm that had every opportunity to slam into the landscape of the Martian terrain and due to the HYPERVELOCITY impacts ISON debris created.. YEAH... Dirty ice slamming into hard rock at 32,000 feet per second created lots of superheated matter... Whether it be Gaseous... Liquid... or Solid...

Regards the rover... Well gee there was a shielded side of Mars at that time wasn"t there... Guess that's where Opportunity was parked that night...

Damn, you make me want to take that college astronomy course at night.

You absolutely should. I bet you will be well rewarded for the rest of your life each time you look up at the sky if you do.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Actually Phage... ISON did cross Earth's orbit. It wasn't until almost one year later that Earth Would be experiencing ISON's debris field.
Actually, it did not. C/2012 S1 (ISON of lore) passed above the ecliptic at Earth's orbit when inbound and any fragments passed even higher above the ecliptic when outbound.

ISON originated from a system source located light years away from our solar system.
Doubtful, if it had it would most likely have had a much greater velocity inbound. Something like Oumuamua did.

As ISON interacted with the sun to produce one of the most dynamically brissant X class solar flares recently seen
No it didn't.

Could it have been just the Martian atmosphere glowing red hot?
No. But this sure beats the hell out of politics.

Oh yea, thanks. We can discuss facts that really should be discussed now. Thanks for keeping the Astronomy gene stoked.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: djz3ro

How much less empty is the new area of space compared to the old area? I mean, I think it's a pretty gradual change. Wouldn't it take millions of years to notice a difference?

I'm not even sure I read it, we may not be seeing the effects of thst yet, this may be different

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

Phage, can there be a core from an exploded super nova?

The core of a super nova (which is, by definition, an explosion) is a either a neutron star or a black hole. The rest is plasma.

So by those facts then the core should be, relative to say the next galaxy or maybe the closest solar system, can't be terribly far away from the debris field. Even if it is a huge blast area.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Go outside and look for your self. If you're in an area with little light pollution, you can see multiple "Shooting stars" per night. The trick to seeing them is gazing upward, zoning out, not focusing on any point. Eventually you'll see a flash in your periphery and your eyes will be quick enough to see it before it dissipates. I've seen multiple in one night. Sometimes they even do loops.

It's not just shooting stars I see, there's odd flashes that light up an area if cloud and sometimes lights zipping across the sky so fast it's just a trail....

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

Or, it could be, our technology for detecting these things is improving day by day. There's no mystical interpretation needed.

No one has thought of the SPACE JUNK is crashing down theory it seems. We know for sure we have pumped a lot of junk out there and it could be treacherous if your orbit was in the path.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
How are these fireballs reported? Is it from a reputable source, like an organization or monitoring system? Or is it based on general accounts including civilians?

If general accounts including civilians, it would only make sense for the numbers to go up. Access to the Internet has increased exponentially since 2009. Also, since 2009, smartphones (pocket computers with hq cameras) have been distributed to everyones pockets. It would make sense for sighting to increase.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join