It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Heavens are announcing something major. Have you noticed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have always wondered, is there a possibility that our calendar dates are off? What would it mean if they created 500-1000 years of history to support the scaliger history when our modern time line was created in the 16th century?

Was there an independent match-up with the mayan calendar through astrological observations?

Maybe the rogue planet is still on the way for the current orbit cycle.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

The Maya said something about a rogue planet?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They did? That would be news to me at least. I thought it was just a casual tie in with their cyclical calendar ending and doomsday. I was just wondering is there a possibility that we didn't correlate correctly with their calendar and actually are still in the long count before the reset?

Thanks for the idea Phage, I will have to research more.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

How does a cyclical calendar end?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: KansasGirl

If the entire planet glowed red hot poor old Opportunity would have been toast. Which it wasn't.

I know...that was the point of my question to the OP.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Go outside and look for your self. If you're in an area with little light pollution, you can see multiple "Shooting stars" per night. The trick to seeing them is gazing upward, zoning out, not focusing on any point. Eventually you'll see a flash in your periphery and your eyes will be quick enough to see it before it dissipates. I've seen multiple in one night. Sometimes they even do loops.

I have noticed a lot of light movement in our skies in 2019. But I'm not sure it's shooting stars per se although I once thought that but was told that meteors were extra active this year. It's often I see meteors which I once thought were falling stars but now don't think they are.

Here are some NASA fun facts though:

Every day, Earth is bombarded with more than 100 tons of dust and sand-sized particles.

About once a year, an automobile-sized asteroid hits Earth’s atmosphere, creates an impressive fireball, and burns up before reaching the surface.

Every 2,000 years or so, a meteoroid the size of a football field hits Earth and causes significant damage to the area.

Only once every few million years, an object large enough to threaten Earth’s civilization comes along. Impact craters on Earth, the moon and other planetary bodies are evidence of these occurrences.

Space rocks smaller than about 25 meters (about 82 feet) will most likely burn up as they enter the Earth’s atmosphere and cause little or no damage.

www.neoshield.eu...

Also from the same link,

Upon applying statistical considerations to the present discovery rate and assuming a uniform probability of discovery every day, it turns out that they are not. A cluster of at least four objects approaching on the same day is expected about three months of every four; a cluster of five about three times per year.

This if from another site:

Thousands of meteorites weighing about a pound are thought to fall to Earth every year, but many of these events go unnoticed, because the small rocks land in uninhabited forests or open ocean waters.

But this then makes me wonder. IF "an automobile-sized asteroid hits Earth’s atmosphere, creates an impressive fireball, and burns up before reaching the surface" then how big would an asteroid have to be that would leave a pound of intact materials to survive the trip through earths atmosphere? Bigger than 82 feet? Although many of those that survive are actually travelling at a slower pace.

edit on 14-3-2019 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: liliththedestroyer
a reply to: one4all

I will believe it when it happens. I have been on this site since my 20's and yes I have changed my username way too many times. I have been here for the giant fireball that was supposed to hit, planet X was another one, then there Sherry Shriner and her theories on the reptilian take over, along with Alex Collier. Then there was the supposed alien invasion where giant UFO's were supposed to show up and cause destruction. Then 2012 came and went and now 2021? Yeah I am a wait and see type of girl now. Although I will admit humanity is becoming more corrupt and I am more scared if humans than somee end of the world prophecy that won't happen.

If you are interested there is ample evidence to support one specific event...the same one Gill Broussard talks about....there is ample evidence that TPTB are preparing alongside the 2021 timeline....and have been for a very very long time.Global Humanity was MILKED for all it was wort so TPTB could build DUMBS and go into Space to survive what is soon going to be here.....the Generations who will fight on behalf of Humanities survival might not even be born yet but the fact remains that there is a cyclical ELE that visits our Planet....and we are due......the exact name and date are things WE CREATE AND MANIFEST and have zero to do with the reality …..don't get hung up on dates simply because you will be preparing for someone else anyways.....all of my Preps are IMHO GOING TO BENEFIT SOMEONE ELSE and I VALUE THAT PERSON WHOMEVER THEY WILL BE VERY HIGHLY....we are all conduits to the future since the moments of our births...that's all.

Its GOZER!! the Gozarion!! He will take the form we most fear!!! ooh scary.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: agentcyman

In 2013 Comet ISON approached our solar system with an intensity that suprised observers. By the time it had reached the inner zone of the solar system it already had a massive tail that spanned 100,000 miles and could be seen shedding large chunks of itself. Before it's demise at Perihelion it had a near impact brush with the planet Mars, which when the cometary debris feild streaming behind it began interacting with Mars atmosphere the entire planet brightened to a hot red glow and remained like that for several days... it is speculated that the debris feild impacted Mars pretty intensly and scalded the surface of the planet.

NASA on this.

Despite its close distance from Mars, Comet ISON was very faint and relatively inactive at that stage in its journey toward the Sun.

There seems to be a disconnect between your claim and what actually occurred?

That disconnect... Is your understanding of what NASA claims as "faint" and relatively "inactive"...

LMMFAO...

Has anyone here ever seen an inactive cometary body within the inner solar system?

Really dude?... OBVIOUSLY... You personally weren't interested enough to watch the WIDELY RAVED ABOUT, NASA ADVERTISED spectacle comet ISON became... I did. For an entire week as it dashed past Jupiter and into Earths personal space... Everyone was so worried about ISONs possible deflection by Mars gravity into an Earthbound direction...

When ISON did intersect with Mars...

YES... MARS ATMOSPHERE BLAZED BRIGHT RED HOT...

With as thin as the atmosphere is on Mars... YES... ISONs debris tail created a stellar storm that had every opportunity to slam into the landscape of the Martian terrain and due to the HYPERVELOCITY impacts ISON debris created.. YEAH... Dirty ice slamming into hard rock at 32,000 feet per second created lots of superheated matter... Whether it be Gaseous... Liquid... or Solid...

Regards the rover... Well gee there was a shielded side of Mars at that time wasn"t there... Guess that's where Opportunity was parked that night...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There is a trap in here somewhere, I just can't see it clearly. Maybe it is a multiple post trap that is beyond my intuition.....

oh well:

Tuns, in turn, count up to 20 before rolling over into k'atuns. As 20 blocks of 360 days, each k'atun translates into 7,200 days, or just less than 20 years. The k'atun place then counts up before rolling over into the final digit, the b'ak'tun.

If that word sounds familiar, it's because Dec. 21, 2012, on our calendar marks the end of the 13th b'ak'tun of the Mayan Long Count Calendar. In other words, it's the day the count will read 13.0.0.0.0. On Dec. 22, it will read 13.0.0.0.1.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

OK, I'll play. Considering the number of telescopes trained on it's passing, both amateur and professional, please grace us with some proof of that. Set me straight with proof. I'm here to learn.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: agentcyman

In 2013 Comet ISON approached our solar system with an intensity that suprised observers. By the time it had reached the inner zone of the solar system it already had a massive tail that spanned 100,000 miles and could be seen shedding large chunks of itself. Before it's demise at Perihelion it had a near impact brush with the planet Mars, which when the cometary debris feild streaming behind it began interacting with Mars atmosphere the entire planet brightened to a hot red glow and remained like that for several days... it is speculated that the debris feild impacted Mars pretty intensly and scalded the surface of the planet.

NASA on this.

Despite its close distance from Mars, Comet ISON was very faint and relatively inactive at that stage in its journey toward the Sun.

That disconnect... Is your understanding of what NASA claims as "faint" and relatively "inactive"...

LMMFAO...

Has anyone here ever seen an inactive cometary body within the inner solar system?

Really dude?... OBVIOUSLY... You personally weren't interested enough to watch the WIDELY RAVED ABOUT, NASA ADVERTISED spectacle comet ISON became... I did. For an entire week as it dashed past Jupiter and into Earths personal space... Everyone was so worried about ISONs possible deflection by Mars gravity into an Earthbound direction...

With as thin as the atmosphere is on Mars... YES... ISONs debris tail created a stellar storm that had every opportunity to slam into the landscape of the Martian terrain and due to the HYPERVELOCITY impacts ISON debris created.. YEAH... Dirty ice slamming into hard rock at 32,000 feet per second created lots of superheated matter... Whether it be Gaseous... Liquid... or Solid...

Regards the rover... Well gee there was a shielded side of Mars at that time wasn"t there... Guess that's where Opportunity was parked that night...

Damn, you make me want to take that college astronomy course at night.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It is also feared that the breakup of comet ISON left behind a large object debris feild into which the Earth will pass through during its annual orbit, which to date has been authenticated with the Russian, Spanish, Australian, and Cuban impacts

Why is this feared? ISON did not cross Earth's orbit.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
I will work on preventing an impact.

Actually Phage... ISON did cross Earth's orbit. It wasn't until almost one year later that Earth Would be experiencing ISON's debris field.

It has been awhile Phage. You may not remember me by this profile but my original profile would have you chuckling Im sure.

One thing that everyone seems to forget about the alleged "comet" known as ISON is that it did not originate with this solar system... Its Oort Cloud... Nor its Kieper Belt. ISON originated from a system source located light years away from our solar system. ISON Elements represented foreign materials intercepted by our sun's gravity well that were travelling at a hypervelocitous speed... Most probably likely faster than that the solar system bodies themselves were traveling at...

The ultimation of this difference represented by possible unknown elemental components the ISON stellar object possessed.

I know that that object possessed something dynamic enough to make a star excited... As ISON interacted with the sun to produce one of the most dynamically brissant X class solar flares recently seen...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: agentcyman

NASA on this.

LMMFAO...

Damn, you make me want to take that college astronomy course at night.

Love your wit!
edit on 14-3-2019 by agentcyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: KansasGirl

If the entire planet glowed red hot poor old Opportunity would have been toast. Which it wasn't.

Nowhere was it mentioned that the whole planet of Mars glowed red hot... What was mentioned is that the portion of Mars seen from Earth glowed bright red... As if superheated material encased the Martian planet...

Could it have been just the Martian atmosphere glowing red hot? Most likely that was the case however... Since that Martian atmosphere is pretty damn thin then yes... A possibility that debris travelling at hypervelocitous speeds did make it past that atmosphere to interact with the Martian surface...

Where was Opportunity while all of this transpired? Studying blueberries on the opposite side of the planet...

Obviously its intake of antioxidants saved it from certain fiery death...
edit on 14-3-2019 by agentcyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
it's got harder and harder to discount the Base stories from the bible. I am not a Bible basher.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Here are some NASA fun facts though:

www.neoshield.eu...

(from your link)
"Only once every few million years, an object large enough to threaten Earth's civilisation comes along. Impact craters on Earth, the moon and other planetary bodies are evidence of these occurences."

Did NASA say how they know craters indicate Earth had civilisation millions of years ago?
edit on 14/3/2019 by teapot because: edit

edit on 14/3/2019 by teapot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Actually Phage... ISON did cross Earth's orbit. It wasn't until almost one year later that Earth Would be experiencing ISON's debris field.
Actually, it did not. C/2012 S1 (ISON of lore) passed above the ecliptic at Earth's orbit when inbound and any fragments passed even higher above the ecliptic when outbound.

ISON originated from a system source located light years away from our solar system.
Doubtful, if it had it would most likely have had a much greater velocity inbound. Something like Oumuamua did.

As ISON interacted with the sun to produce one of the most dynamically brissant X class solar flares recently seen
No it didn't.

Could it have been just the Martian atmosphere glowing red hot?
No. But this sure beats the hell out of politics.

edit on 3/14/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Did NASA say how they know craters indicate Earth had civilisation millions of years ago

No.
But they did say that impacts large enough to destroy ours don't happen often.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It is also feared that the breakup of comet ISON left behind a large object debris feild into which the Earth will pass through during its annual orbit, which to date has been authenticated with the Russian, Spanish, Australian, and Cuban impacts

Why is this feared? ISON did not cross Earth's orbit.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
I will work on preventing an impact.

And for the same amount we pay for each other's advice, can you maybe work on this exploded remnants of a super nova we supposedly are passing thru?

All this begs the question:
Phage, can there be a core from an exploded super nova?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Phage, can there be a core from an exploded super nova?

The core of a super nova (which is, by definition, an explosion) is a either a neutron star or a black hole. The rest is plasma.

edit on 3/14/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join