It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says Former Speaker Paul Ryan Sabotaged His Own Republican Party.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
March 13, 2019

It is still unknown WHY former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan became so hostile towards his own Republican party. But President Trump shares his reflections and thoughts on Ryan, during an exclusive Breitbart interview today.

Trump told Breitbart News in an exclusive lengthy Oval Office interview, that Ryan blocked issuance of subpoenas to people he thinks should have been investigated on the political left.

Trump said that House Freedom Caucus Chairman Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) and his predecessor and fellow conservative Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) wanted to be tougher with the left, but that Ryan would not let them.

“I am not going to defend Donald Trump—not now, not in the future,” Ryan said on the private call, audio of which was obtained by Breitbart News and published in early 2017.

Ryan followed through on that and never campaigned with Trump.

Ryan said about the 2020 presidential race last week, “If this is about Donald Trump and his personality, he isn’t going to win it.”

Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump, Jr., fired back at Ryan on Twitter earlier in the week, saying the former speaker “failed” in 2012, “lied to us,” did not deliver border wall funding he promised previously, and then went on to lose the House GOP its majority in the midterms.
Source: www.breitbart.com...

Also, I remember how dismayed House Republicans were last year when AAG Rod Rosenstein ignored his subpoena to testify, and Paul Ryan refused to authorize a vote on the articles of Impeachment drafted against R.R..

If the most powerful person in the U.S. House of Representatives is so easily corrupted, it's likely that a whole bunch of rank-and-file members of Congress are "compromised" to varying degrees. It will be interesting to see which U.S. politicians were named by Mexican cartel leader "El Chapo", during his trial.

Also, President Trump shared his analysis of Republican -vs- Democrat, in the Breitbart interview. He'd like to take the TOUGHNESS of Democrats and merge it with the CIVILITY of Republicans.

It's too bad Democrats are focused on getting rid of President Trump, instead of working with him. He's perfectly willing do what's best for America in a bi-partisan way, since U.S. citizens are split 50/50 on so many issues.

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/13/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We All Know by Now that Speaker Ryan was a Globalist Deep State Snake .He was Protecting those who Paid Him Handsomely for his Bought Loyalty ,So what Else is New ?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Smells like "Rino" sh!t to me!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If the most powerful person in the U.S. House of Representatives is so easily corrupted, it's likely that a whole bunch of rank-and-file members of Congress are "compromised" to varying degrees.

but... but... Q said "trust the Plan"...."the people have all the info they need"

And slowly Q unravels....

Looks like Trump will have to declare Martial Law... oh wait ...Huber is doing secret Military Tribunals for justice...

So the Swamp isnt being drained anytime soon?

How does the above fit into the bigger picture about the Q awakening?

Not very well...

Deep State wins again

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ryan wasn't that bad in my opinion. I don't actually think he wanted the job as speaker of the house. But it was thrown on him to take it. Trump does have an overpowering personality, that is the truth. I think that the explanation of civility of Republicans and Toughness of Democrats. But Democrats seem to be incapable of civility these days for some reason, it has really gotten worse in the last ten years.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ryan might have future plans for bigger administration positions or even Vice or President someday. He's tried to strike an interesting image of himself. Trump could always go down in popular history in the future as not the best. If that isn't so, some of Ryan's ideas and fundamentals might not jive with Trumps, so in the future he has to be able to say with evidence that he is his own thing, not comparable, and wasn't Trump's female dog or cheerleader.

As a moderate who doesn't vote on party lines, it has a small effect already. If I ended up in a position to vote for or against him in the future, long after Trump and I like his platform, I can't think back to when he was whatever to whoever, carried himself in a way that may have looked good to his base and colleagues but remember, that's easy. That's a given, most politicians do it.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Ryan wasn't that bad in my opinion. I don't actually think he wanted the job as speaker of the house. But it was thrown on him to take it. Trump does have an overpowering personality, that is the truth. I think that the explanation of civility of Republicans and Toughness of Democrats. But Democrats seem to be incapable of civility these days for some reason, it has really gotten worse in the last ten years.

Yeah , go ahead , BLAME it on a Boner Again ............)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

If the most powerful person in the U.S. House of Representatives is so easily corrupted, it's likely that a whole bunch of rank-and-file members of Congress are "compromised" to varying degrees.

but... but... Q said "trust the Plan"...."the people have all the info they need"

And slowly Q unravels....

Looks like Trump will have to declare Martial Law... oh wait ...Huber is doing secret Military Tribunals for justice...

So the Swamp isnt being drained anytime soon?

How does the above fit into the bigger picture about the Q awakening?

Not very well...

Deep State wins again

Sounds like someone has an odd "Q" fixation.

Did you like him in the James Bond movies too?

To the OP, Ryan is a Progressive.

He talked a good talk, but in the end he always wanted a bigger government.

As judged by his actions.

So good riddance and soon you'll see him either selling cannabis green stock futures or carbon credits.

Good riddance.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

We All Know by Now that Speaker Ryan was a Globalist Deep State Snake .He was Protecting those who Paid Him Handsomely for his Bought Loyalty ,So what Else is New ?

You were obviously better connected than me! I sincerely thought Ryan wanted Republicans to retain the House in 2018.

Maybe I should change to title. Make it "traitor" instead of "sabotage"??

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Perhaps Trump isn't the Republican Party and a dislike of Trump does not equal a betrayal of the Republican Party (which existed well before Trump joined).

(Note: Trump was also, previously, a member of the Democratic Party and a Democratic Party Presidential candidate. Perhaps Ryan saw in Trump, a betrayal of the Republican Party?)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Sure...if that's your belief, more power to you!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

That's a reasonable analysis. Paul Ryan reminds of me today's version of Elijah Cummings. They both put their selfish egos before the good of the party.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
McConnell, Ryan, and their lackeys would have preferred a Democrat win over Trump. They have been sabotaging Trump as much as the Democrats.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

If Ryan wanted to be "different", or a renegade, he shouldn't have taken on the role of the Speaker of the U.S. House. Leadership responsibility at that level is supposed to trump one's personal urges for glory.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

We're talking about Paul Ryan not doing what's best for the Republican party. Not the little soap-opera personality conflict B.S. that tabloid CNN focuses on.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
McConnell, Ryan, and their lackeys would have preferred a Democrat win over Trump. They have been sabotaging Trump as much as the Democrats.

Are you saying McConnell is the Senate version of Paul Ryan? McConnell actively worked to get Republican tax cuts, judges, etc.. through the Senate.

And, Mitch McConnell announced today that he is forcing a Senate vote on the "Green New Deal" this month, to put Democrat and Republican Senators on record as being FOR or AGAINST it.

Source: twitter.com...
edit on 3/14/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Maybe he's conservative about the use of executive power in addition to being fiscally conservative. I don't know much about his politics but maybe he also sees Trump as more of an outsider to the party and rightfully so because he's been "down for the party" moving and halting legislation long before Trump decided to run as a GOP candidate in his own personal pursuit.

President Trump is a Republican but if you saw him 10, 15, 20 years ago you'd see a person focusing more on other interests whos daily life might have little or nothing political to it, not even a conversation.
edit on 3/14/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Or maybe, like some in both parties, he was always corrupt. The DNC may be taking the brunt of the heat right now, but they hold no special consideration when it comes to corruption.

IMO, Ryan never wanted the position because he knew he would be required to go against his better judgement. He retired because he had too many skeletons in his closet and he knew those closets were about to be opened up to the public. I think quite a few Republican House members did the same thing.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Paul Ryan, a walking talking example of everything wrong with congress that also tried to betray veterans at every opportunity.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Trump is correct.

Ryan acted like a jealous teenage girl.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join