It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Storm Today...Wow!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Well, not to rain on the pretty young lady's (KG's) parade, but it was neither.

There's this thing about humor...'specially around these parts I come from. It kinda' goes like this...you don't spit on a man's boot for laughs twice, nor talk ill of his horse, 'cause that' ain't jokin'; ya' don't speculate about his resolve neither, 'cause that ain't jokin' neither. You see, that's more makin' fun of a feller at his expense. Once, he'll let it go, but twice is snake bit. And, that's just how it is.

So, my response was neither jest, nor jocularity.

Nights like these, there's a little bit of stress (a lot more than the average fella might understand), what with the critters and all, so it ain't all roses, but sometimes there's a ray of light...and that's what I posted.

There's no ill will between you and I. Just remember where the spittoon is.

That's just how it is.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, I'm truly lost.

I've never met your horse, but most animals like me. So I guess I'll just move on down the ol dusty(snowy) trail while hanging my head in shame and make the most of this(confusing) educational moment.

ETA: Thanks for clearing it all up though.
edit on 13-3-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

My mom was wondering about that during our last storm. Her dad used to raise sheep, and this kind of weather could be a major pain the tail especially when it came in during lambing season because ewes would drop lambs wherever and sometimes grandpa would have to go out in super nasty weather to rescue the little family or lose all three.

They could get all the head in under cover when it was needed, but it was sometimes very hard especially during lambing.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

most animals like me

Beanie Babies don't count.

edit on 13-3-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: MisterSpock

most animals like me

Beanie Babies don't count.

No, I meant live ones....at first.

Eventually their instincts kick in though.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Okay, you want me to clear it up for you...directly??

No, I did not understand your humor, and no, I was not humored by it. Sorry, friend, but I wasn't.

No need to "hang your head in shame"; you do as you feel you should.

That I missed your humor is not a reflection on you, but rather a reflection on me...on me being tired, and having a lot on my mind.

My OP meant exactly what it said. It wasn't a "complaint", and I didn't exactly like it being characterized as such.

Perhaps I'm grumpy, and for that I'm sorry and I apologize. However, I take exception to being characterized as a habitual complainer...in jest or otherwise.

How's that? A little more clear?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

More importantly, did you make
snow angels in the nuddy? 😁
edit on 14-3-2019 by FinallyAwake because: My thumb is dumb

edit on 14-3-2019 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Dbl soz
edit on 14-3-2019 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Well you know what they say, the times they are a changing. And to slow for my taste, about a few hundred years to slow about. But I am sure it will pick up. Dont know were your at unless that NE stands for Nebraskans, as I dont know what abbreviations and slang kids use now a day for what, its hard to tell what you mean by that.

But to complain so about a 75 mile winds, I suppose it may be not kosher, it would put a damper on things for sure. But here, in this part of Washington. Last month just when I thought we would get no snow, it finally snowed, last year it was about a day and mostly melted by next morning.

This year it lasted on the ground, about 2 to 3 weeks and snowed for at least 3 days on and off constantly. Which is a record at this part of Washington by far. I don't remember it getting that much in over 20 years, and not even then. In fact it may have snowed more in the past 3 weeks then in the past 3 to 5 years put together.

Anyways here's hoping the weather will eventually get back to normal, I am sure everybody is missing those 500 mile winds, and everybody always does miss those the ice ages when there gone, and at one time believe it or not on this spinning ball as we like to call it, those were the norm, and in fact still likely are.

Ok more then likely. But hey, even places which saw little to no rain yearly are getting a bit more then average, even the so called driest place in north America, may just be prove with time to be nothing more then false advertisement. Though in time everything is proven to be false advertisement. Or more like temporary advertisement.

Anyways, what I am saying is that things for much of history, have had a tendency to always get bad for a time, before they get much much worse. And eventually at some point they get better.

The driest place in North America.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders
Ain't that the truth, those dinky generators would be almost useless in a real storm for much more then a few day of use, and the gas? Well chances are that it would go bad by the time the really storm hit. And after that it would not last long enough to be called really reliable.

But hey thorough the magic of consumerism it seems maintainable. Till its not, which would be quite fast if something would put a damper on this consumer society. And even something as ity bitty like constant 75 mile winds would do that.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Wind rain and 55 outside here in Southwest Michigan. Lake Michigan has forced all the major storms south of us this year because it's warm. Been rather nice other than the wind thats supposed to pick up later

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Dont know were your at unless that NE stands for Nebraskans, as I dont know what abbreviations and slang kids use now a day for what, its hard to tell what you mean by that.

Just meant the storm was moving off to the "North East" (i.e. NE). I'm in eastern Colorado.

BTW...I'd pay good money to be a kid again!!

edit on 3/14/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I had to go to work today here in CO right next to the mountain. It was wonderful, not.

Made it home safe tho. Eastern CO got it way worse after about 3pm.
edit on 14-3-2019 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Not saying this is in any way what FCD did by saying he never heard of a Bomb Cyclone but often here and in the real world people go with the "Oh look weather reports are generating panic by making up terms like Polar Vortex or Bomb Cyclone".

Of course those people are uninformed.

The idea of certain types of storms being "bombs" traces it's origins to the late 1940s. The designation Polar Vortex has an even longer history but as some people often do something is new to them so it must mean it's recent.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I Wonder if this guy was wearing a MAGA hat when he attacked the snowflakes. His actions seem to be justifiable up here in the UP. On Facebook more local people seem to understand his attacking snowflakes while people from other areas are shocked.

www.keweenawreport.com...

This guy should get a medal for trying to protect the local citizens of the Copper Country. I would bet this will have all the cops around the country chuckling.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yeah, that wasn't my term, so that was the first time I'd seen it.

I will say this though, that was probably the worst blizzard I've seen in my 25+ years here in CO. Usually they'll kick up for 3-4 hours and then die out, but this one spun up and didn't start letting off for nearly 24 hours. It was just a complete white-out and the winds were hurricane force the entire time. It wasn't particularly cold, and we've certainly gotten a lot more snow with storms before, but the winds were just crazy.

In any case, the good news is, all our animals survived. From what I understand, others further south from us weren't so lucky.

Now that the wind has finally died down some we get to go dig out the road, but from what I can see from here it doesn't look too awfully bad.

All seems to be good.

edit on 3/14/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

We still don't have power. Took all our meat out of the freezer and put it out on the balcony. Colder outside than it is in our fridge. And the roommate isn't going to work again today because his store still doesn't have power. I'm going to tear my hair out.
I blame Joe Flacco.

edit on 3/14/2019 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

HA!! That's funny! I heard that on the news last night and cracked up. The inlaws are from Baltimore, and my wife's Dad loved Flacco, so I can't wait to give him some crap about that deal!

Fortunately, we didn't lose power for that long. Where abouts are ya?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

We're in Golden. The accumulation wasn't too bad, but holy hell the wind! Still no power. My husband drives a tanker and delivers fuel to various locations up and down the I-25 corridor, and his boss called him and screamed "SNOW DAY!!!!" into his ear. I could hear it across the room.

Yeah, Flacco. Maybe he can help turn this franchise around a little. I hope, anyway.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well, they are blaming your storm, on the two tornados we had here in MI last night! One touched down right near my in laws. Thankfully, there were no deaths, or serious injuries. But they made one heck of a mess!!!! Kind of unusual, this early in the year for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join